BEST PLAYERS NOT DRAFTED IN TGG's 3 RD MOCK

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Jan 29, 2013.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

List 4:

They can be the same as other GMs

Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford
    Conner Vernon, WR, Duke
    Robert Lester, S, Alabama
    Kenny Stiills, WR, Oklahoma

2. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

S. Taylor not getting picked is a shame and I considered him and also James Franklin of UCLA but the Broncos need a lineman more so than a back. Maybe in round 4 they'd target one of those had they made it.

3. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

biggest snub IMO:

[​IMG]

4. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Another guy who fell very far.........3 really good backs in Jamison/Taylor/Franklin.

I'd go crazy if NYJ passed on one of these if all 3 make it to round 4 and we didn't have a back drafted.

5. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Do you guys think Robert Lester can come in and start? or at least get the playing experience to be starter next season (like DeMario)?

With Landry walking out the door, I'm expecting Jets to plug in somebody cheap who will need to be replaced next season anyway.

6. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

I think Lester is overrated. I'd say anyone can "come in and start," but I don't think he's a very good player. JMO.

*edit* that being said, there really isn't much at the safety position that went untouched in our draft. It's getting so tough to get good safeties these days that so many teams need them. Duke Williams I'd put ahead of Lester, Shawn Williams. I'm interested to see more of this Wilcox guy but 'm not sure if there's anything available on him. Outside that, though, there's really nothing left that I know of.

#6 CleveSteve, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Taylor is one of my favorite players in this draft. Sadly I was picking for teams that have backs and have also recently invested high picks in thier backfield.

8. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

Really tough choice for me among 6 players, but I'll go with these four:

Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas
    Devin Taylor DE South Carolina
    Andre Ellington RB Clemson
    Jamie Collins OLB Southern Mississippi

9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Franklin... I thought about taking him in the 3rd with the Phins. Surprised he did not get picked.

Cobi Hamilton ,WR - Arkansas
    Ryan Nassib, QB - Syracuse
    Malliciah Goodman, DE - Clemson

10. laxin

laxin Active Member

Jamison, Nassib, Tyler Wilson and some more RBs.

I think there's just so much depth t the RB position that someone is going to fall... Actually in this case, many fell. IMO, there's about 10 RB's that I could easily see producing in a big way in the NFL. Realistically Im sure it will only be about 4, but this class is extremely deep.

In our draft you can tell that teams were gun shy on QB's because they all do have their flaws. I dont see Tyler Wilson, Nassib or Glennon making it our of round 2... I think thats where our mock will differ from the real draft. Its a scary move putting all of your cards on a 2nd round QB that does have flaws, but 2-4 teams are going to do it this year and we may be one of them.

11. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

One thing of note...

With so many people mentioning runnignbacks, perhaps the preceived depth is the reason they fall so far down the board. Combine that with the devaluation of the position and its more likely this trend could continue in the real draft.

12. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

Yep. Looks like this will be the first year in more than 25 with no RB in the first round. one year after three of them go in the first, including one dumb team giving up three picks to move up one spot to take one at 3 overall :mad:

13. Barry the Baptist

That is what scares me about the draft, I wouldn't take any of those guys in round 2 and I hesitated about drafting Geno with the Cards but they needed to do it.

If the Jets were to take one of those who would you like it to be? For me I think it would be Wilson. He played well as a junior, seems to make good decisions and is probably the most polished of the 3. His injury scares me me but assuming he is healed I think he's probably right there with Barkley as the next best QB after Smith.

14. Sir

Sir New Member

Alvin bailey, Gavin Escobar, Gerald hodges, shamarko Thomas off the top of my head.

There's so much safety depth in this draft it's ridiculous. If we don't get a safety somewhere in the mid rounds I will be mad.

15. laxin

laxin Active Member

I thought Geno was going to fall to the Jets pick and I thought I was going to have a very interesting decision to make...

I might want Mike Glennon because I think he has all the tools necessary to succeed. He can make every throw and is very accurate with the ball most of the time. His decision making is what is stopping him from being the #1 overall pick. Its not terrible, but it could use some work.

With all of these QB's, maybe aside from Geno, I would prefer to have them sit for a year or so and develop mentally first. We rushed Sanchez into the NFL, and I would be extremely cautious about doing so next time despite all of the young QB's success now. I think with development, some of the QBs in this class could turn into very good players.

Ideally though, I would use this next season as a rebuild type year and then move heaven and earth to get Teddy Bridgewater- the hopeful savior of this franchise.

16. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

I thought Taylor falling was pretty big, but with Lynch and Turbin in Seattle, couldn't really pick him.

Also think part of the reason why these QB's fell are because this is a Jets board, and besides Geno Smith, we've become accustomed to the thinking that everyone else is way too risky.

17. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I still think Gio gets taken in the 1st.

18. PuMa

PuMa Banned

I pray he doesnt

19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Those where my thoughts at the end of the third. Do I really spend another high pick on a RB for New England or San Fran? The answer is obviously no. On the other hand I don't feel like he should have been there to consider. Oh well.

20. Barry the Baptist

The decision making is what scares me about Glennon, I think he can be a good QB but we already have a QB on the roster who makes horrible decisions, we don't need another. It sounds crazy but I would wait to see what Glennon's wonderlic score is because I always think that determines on how well a QB can read a defense and break it down.