Best Az trade scenario

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ZachMFWilson, Mar 2, 2019.

1. ZachMFWilson

ZachMFWilson Active Member

Az swap out their qb, gets an all-pro receiver. Have mid rd 1 pick to get a quality player.
    Keeps 49ers from Bosa and Brown

Az gets
    1. Kyler Murray
    2. A Brown
    3. #20 overall pick
    4. #35/#68 overall
    Az gives
    1. Nick Bosa
    2. #33 overall
    3. Josh Rosen
    Jets/Raiders get
    1. Nick Bosa
    Give
    1. Kyler Murray
    2. #35/#68

Pitt gets
    1. #13 overall
    2. #33 overall
    Pitt gives
    1. A. Brown
    2. #20 overall

Wash Gets
    1. Josh Rosen
    Gives
    1. #13 (1050)

#1 ZachMFWilson, Mar 2, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Arizona won't do that. If they trade out of 1, they might not get Murray.

3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

...Why would the Jets trade up? Wouldn't make sense.

4. ZachMFWilson

They take Bosa with the #1 pick and this elaborous trade can only happen if Murray is there at 3/4 which he should be. If he’s not then it doesn’t happen

To get the best player in the draft in a position if need. Duh. But the Raiders would definitely make the trade.

5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

There's no player in the draft worth the Jets trading up for. If we get anyone out of Bosa, Jonah Williams, Josh Allen, Jawaan Taylor we are good with the #3 pick.

6. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Besides the fact that Wash. does not have the #13 pick, they also have Alex Smith under contract for another 4 years. I understand he had a bad injury but they have Colt McCoy and at this point McCoy is probably better than Rosen. Which brings up, why would they give up the #13 pick for Rosen?

And what about Jets/Raiders? Is it shared custody? Who gets Bosa on his birthday and Christmas?

Trades involving 3 teams are rare in the NFL, you have 5 teams involved, 5 picks and another player. You have a better chance of the Jets, Mets, Rangers and Knicks all winning a championship in the same year.

M00ndawg and FJF like this.
  7. ZachMFWilson

I was originally thinking about Mia hence 13 but Wash at 15 is more realistic.
    Why pick Rosen? They are built to win now. There is no guarantee Smith ever come back. Is Jay Gruden keeping his job if Colt McCoy is qb next year?
    Lol... are you being funny or just stupid? It’s so hard to tell these days.
    This would work for the Jets OR Raiders not both. The cardinals can do this without the Raiders/Jets but my way keeps Bosa out of SF.

8. The Waterboy

Funny or stupid? Maybe that should have been my reply to your post.

4 fucking teams? When was the last trade involving 4 teams?

As far as Washington being "built to win now", how does Rosen get them there? You think Rosen is going to somehow lift up a 7-9 team? And you have just as much insight into Smith coming back as you do Rosen ever becoming a competent QB.

So to recap, in your world, trades involving 4 teams, draft picks, and players is possible, but then you want to step it up by using multiple teams at each trading position? Nope not funny, just stupid.

FJF likes this.
  9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This is the most confusing trade I have ever seen. I like it though and I like your creativity. So in this scenario the Cardinals draft Bosa #1 overall, then trade him to the Jets or Raiders at #3 or #4 overall, who would draft Murray? The 49ers still end up with Josh Allen or Quinnan Williams, so it would not hurt them too much. Not to mention San Francisco could see this plan developing and trade with someone else and give them Murray at #2 overall, really messing up the Cardinals. The Redskins trading their 1st Round Pick for Rosen makes sense. The Jets trading up won't happen though. Maybe the Raiders. Then you throw in another curve ball with the Steelers and Brown being traded to the Cardinals. Again, this thing was creative.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

11. ZachMFWilson

If you weren’t so stupid, you might have thought of it.

The 4th team is for the sole purpose of getting Bosa out the division. If it’s too complicated for you to understand, think of it as 3 separate trades. Or if you’re scared just 2 trades and let sf get Bosa.

Redskins were 6-3 when Smith got hurt. Is it that far fetched to think Rosen (who many considered a top qb last year) would get them further than Colt McCoy?

12. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Dude.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. The Waterboy

You propose a mythical 4 team trade and want to call me stupid? And no, it's not too complicated for me to understand it just not at all feasible. Why don't you post the last two times a 4 team trade has taken place. You also can't think of it as 3 separate trades because the teams that are drafting the players, which you propose they trade right off, would want to be sure they are going to be able to move those players.

Yes, it is far fetched to think Rosen could take the Skins to the Superbowl when he hasn't yet proven he can perform at an acceptable level in the NFL. He may be better than McCoy down the road but you said the Skins are built to win now, which is another stretch, so giving them a QB that is not ready to win now would be a waste.

What it comes down to is you made a ridiculous trade scenario just because you wanted to come up with some convoluted way for the Jets to end up with Bosa. He may end up on the Jets but there is no way it will ever come close to happening like you suggested.

But keep posting, maybe someday you’ll say something semi intelligent.

FJF, K'OB and HomeoftheJets like this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Cards aren't going to screw around like that. If they want Murray they'll take him at 1.

15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Not a bad start to your life on a new message board, 8 posts in total and one row, man, I thought I was good for arguing :)

Ralebird likes this.
  16. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Charley Casserly confirmed on NFLN that Rosen is being shopped by Zona.

Murray @ 1 incoming.

17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

That scenario almost did happen once. The Jets won in 69, then the Mets in 69, then the 69-70 Knicks won but the 69-70 Rangers failed to come through.

18. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

.......I like this guy already

19. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

The Jets beat Baltimore for the SB, the Mets beat Baltimore for the WS and the Knicks beat Baltimore in the playoffs.

HomeoftheJets and Noam like this.
  20. The Waterboy

Yes but 3 teams winning a championship for their city in the same year is very rare, can't think of a year 4 teams won. Just like 3 team trades are rare and 4 team trades in the NFL are non existent as far as I can remember.

I'm sure if the OP could have thought of a 4 team trade that took place he would have thrown that at me but being he hasn't posted since I asked, I am guessing he crawled back under his bridge.

FJF and Noam like this.