Bengals Tried to Steal Jets’ Big-Money Free Agent

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Jun 19, 2022.

1. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

There's definitely a gremlin around here.

PJ4Ever, apjbfc and Footballgod214 like this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I feel like I actually have no idea who Weeb Ewbank is if this the award winner.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I just have to ask: what Jets team do you watch?

Is it the real one that goes out of it's way to win the off-season every year and then blows chunks on the field or is it some imaginary team with brilliant GM's and promising coaches and young QB's who are so much better than their stats?

I watch the former because it is reality.

4. BroadwayAaron

What I don’t do is pretend I know more than every other expert weighing in on an issue. When has an offseason been universally praised by the people much smarter than you and I? Until you can tell me when we’ve flopped after a similar scenario, this doesn’t matter.

KingRoach likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Which experts are praising the Uzomah signing?

6. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

TE was an area of desperate need; has been since Dustin Keller. I'm glad the Jets finally invested some resources to bring in a respected veteran in CJ, an up and coming TE in Conklin AND then draft a TE in Ruckert with a lot of potential.

Why people would complain about this signing is beyond me. CJ is essentially on a 2 year deal and is beloved in the locker room. We upgraded this position in the near term and for the future with little investment.
    Some of you guys continue to amaze me. Sound like a bunch of teenage girls getting ready for your first menstrual cycle.

Jets79, KingRoach, PJ4Ever and 2 others like this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

If you’ve seen anyone talk about the improved TE room, and there are plenty, then that’s praising the Uzomah signing. For some reason people are choosing to view this in a vacuum.
    That makes no sense.

KingRoach and Nyjets4eva like this.
  8. BrowningNagle

hmm that's not really much of an answer to my question but thanks anyway

9. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

I’ve seen many people praise the CJ signing and mostly for his leadership and other qualities, doesn’t mean he can’t play as well. He did damn good last year on a bengals team that went pretty far i would say and wanted him back. And it’s not a ten year deal lol some of y’all need to chill out sometimes

10. BroadwayAaron

Find me someone outside of a fan on a message board that either a.) dislikes the signing or b.) doesn’t think the room improved. If people are talking about how much the TE room has improved then they are a fan of the signing. And you can find plenty of people who commended the signing for reasons off the field which whether you care or not, is important.

Also you have answered questions WAY more poorly than this and then got whiny when someone rightfully asked if you were trolling.

Nyjets4eva and bicketybam like this.
  11. BrowningNagle

You are the one that claimed experts who know more than Br4d are praising the signing. It seems like if that's the case you would be able to share those expert insights

12. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Actually he said the off-season was universally praised. He didn't single out this one move

BroadwayAaron likes this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

Is that what I said?

14. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The important thing is why the Uzomah signing was praised.
    1. A TE that does it all.
    2. He is a good pass blocker.
    3. He is a good run blocker.
    4. He is very good at YAC.
    5. He fits our system as to what we want in a TE perfectly.
    6. He has been universally praised as a great leader, someone looked up to in the Bengals lockeroom and unselfish teammate.
    7. He comes from a winning program that turned things around.
    8. He comes cheap.
    9. He had other options and wanted to be here because of the Jets culture.
    10. He is a major improvement over our previous TEs that were terrible at run blocking and pass blocking.
    11. His signing with Conklin allows us to run 12 personnel. MLF tried to force 12 personnel the 1st 5 games last year but when he realized he did not have the personal he had to drastically cut the use back.

No one is saying that CJ is a pro bowl player but he is a very good modest FA signing that checks every box we could have wanted in a FA TE. He helps to greatly upgrade the position while bringing leadership, character and a winning pedigree. He is another potential building block piece in our path to possible success.

My advice is don't feed the troll, don't acknowledge his posts and give him attention. That is what he wants and why he posts. Put him on ignore and the board becomes a friendlier, nicer and more intelligent board.

#34 Noam, Jun 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
  15. BroadwayAaron

Hey but outside of all those things he was a terrible signing.

KingRoach and Noam like this.
  16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

What I love about the way JD is building the team compared to MAC is he signs players that fit the system and do what the coaches need. He isn't out there trying to sign flashy FAs that make off season headlines but signed 2 TEs and drafted one thar are not afraid to do the dirty work, who can pass block, can run block and in CJs case can get YAC yards. Guys with character and who are team players. They all may fail but the process is sound, smart, well thought and built for the long term. JD is giving Zach and the CS very few excuses and everything he and they need to succeed.

I will not generally predict or say anyone will be great or a success but JD is the real deal. He may not turn things around here but the process and how he is building this team is solid and a beautiful thing. This IMO is our one opportunity for long term success. If JD fails, which is a strong possibility, I don’t envy our future.

#36 Noam, Jun 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
  17. BrowningNagle

Apparently the Uzomah signing wasn't praised by any experts

18. BrowningNagle

You can read what you said, you know how to navigate this site. If you werent talking about the CJ Uzomah signing in the CJ Uzomah signing thread then I apologize for being confused

19. BroadwayAaron

I feel like the words are very quite obviously spelled out for you in the post that you quoted. I can’t help if you ignored them because you wanted to argue about something else instead.

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

C.J. had more yards last year than all our tight ends combined.

I'll take it.

Jets79 and Nyjets4eva like this.