Bellichick is a Douche Canoe (screwed Over DT)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Oct 17, 2019.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Jets receiver Demaryius Thomas says brief stay with Patriots was ‘a waste of time’ after trusting Bill Belichick

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/...0191017-kkmfcbnjjngxxn3vmoa2yu2afq-story.html

Bill Belichick admits backtracking on his promise to Demaryius Thomas

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/...0191017-o6nedkayenfvbmhxckubylc2eu-story.html

TLDR version
    Bill promised him his roster spot was safe when they released him which led to DT not pursing other options, they resigned him 2 days later (after playing harry on IR) then 8 days later traded him to the jets after signing AB. Bill told him "we got too many guys. We can’t get the ball around enough and we’re going to trade you to the Jets" Bill said the circumstance changed so yeah what i said at the time changed it is what it is.

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The guy resigned on a napkin.
    Are we surprised?

3. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Remind me of the history though.....Hess hired him to be the coach, but then brought in Parsells after the fact, right? We had to give Patriots a draft pick? Dude was probably pretty salty.

I sware I read a trivia question once that Belichek only coach in NFL of same team twice but actually never coach a game.....

4. GasedAndConfused

parcels was under contract for NE but left and told them to fuck off after arguing with kraft who wouldn't let him have enough say in the players on the team (parcells was GM and HC). bellichick was their assistant head coach to parcells. So the jets hired billichick as a head coach (since you can hire a teams staff if you promote them) then hired parcells as an "advisor" to try and skirt his contract with NE. NE threatened to sue the jets, the commish (paul taglibue) stepped in as a mediator and brokered a deal for NE to release parcells in exchange for the jets giving them a 3rd and 4th rounder in the upcoming draft, a 2nd rounder the year after that, and a 1st rounder the year after that. We then hired parcells and gave him full control over football operations and he took on the role of HC and GM and made billichick his DC/assistant head coach. He then retired after 2 seasons and the jets promoted billichick back to HC and he said fuck the jets and wrote his resignation on a napkin and resigned form the jets and went to NE. Jets threatened to sue NE and again taglibue stepped in and brokered a deal for the jets to release bellichick in exchange for a 1st round pick.

in short it's probably the best example of karma or your reap what you sow in real life. it really went full circle.

5. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Brutal.

6. The only thing you glossed over is that Bellichick knew the deal before he signed on to be the Jets HC before Parcells..it was all spelled out in his initial contract that Parcells would assume HC role & BB would be DC/assistant HC while also being Parcells heir apparent. That was coming off his bitter end in Cleveland & that was the closest he was gonna get to being a HC again without some time to gain experience & let time heal.

He certainly had a right to not want the jets job & to prefer a different one,but the Jets were true to their word with him,not only did he leave them at the alter,he did it in very poor taste, going to a divisional rival & holding a grudge to this very day.

7. GasedAndConfused

I'm sure it was discussed parcells would be pulling the strings but there was no way the jets could have said that due to league tampering and all. and why parcells was hired as an "advisor" originally. the plan was that Billichick would be the head coach and parcells would be his advisor until the pats threatened to sue and the NFL stepped in and basically made the pats trade parcells to the jets for draft picks and then he was officially the HC. What makes the most sense is that billichick was told he'd be the head coach but parcells would be his advisor and he had to listen to him.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  8. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Love Jets

hate Pats - HATE

but

give it a rest- the more you bitch, the more I bitch, the more everyone bitches, makes him more legendary- I would not piss on him if he was on fire but he owns the football world until further notice

Just win

BrickcityJet likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Leon Hess, the cheap SOB, gave Belichick a $1million signing bonus for his "troubles.." A sum that made him the highest paid coordinator in the league. Belichick cashed the check knowing full well it was because he was coach-in-waiting. He took the old man's money then left the Jets right after Hess died. Fuck him.

Also, a grown man tells an organization he's leaving face to face, he doesn't let them announce him as coach then resign on napkin. The gutless prick

stinkyB, NY Jets68 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

yup pretty much. he's a douche

11. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Can't wait for DT to score a game winner and stick it to Belidouche

12. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Eh. There are many other reasons to despise him. Antonio Brown was available to them. This is just a headline grabbing non-issue.

But, I am amused by "Douche Canoe" :p

13. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

I heard it was a tissue he blew his nose in!

14. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

I thought the issue was that when Bill retired, BB knew Bill would still meddle and he didn't want any of that

I hate BB (because i'm a jets fan) but honestly if i were in his shoes i wouldn't want Bill meddling, second guessing either

BB did great things as a DC but Tune always found a way to make sure the spot light was on his own ego

CJLang and TonyFtLaud like this.
  15. Nobody blames BB for choosing to leave..that was his right.Its the way he left,where he went & the grudge he has held ever since.Not to mention the cheating.

16. LogeSection2RowJ

His biggest crimes have been the espionage. They stole a SB from the Rams (first one) Philly suspects the same thing might have happened to them. We learned a little more when Mangini brought out the signal-stealing thing. Yeah, he's a great teacher. But he didn't need the other crap to be successful. I'm not sure where that came from. Perhaps growing up with his father coaching at Navy? Military espionage and 'Spy v. Spy' beliefs? Obviously his tactics rubbed off on his QB.

17. He was heavily influenced by George Allen who was thought of as an incredible football mind who often got sidetracked by his obsession for espionage both utilizing it & being paranoid about falling victim to it.

18. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Belichick left because Parcells decided to stay on as GM and they did not get along.

19. LogeSection2RowJ

I had not heard that. Interesting!

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

that's not true at all. they got along fine. they worked together for well over 20 years. If they didn't get along bellichick wouldn't have worked with him for 2 decades. ALso it was pretty clear parcells wasn't going to be around long either. he retired after 1 year. Billichick also had it written in his contract he would take over as head coach when parcells retired. this was planned and he knew it so it had nothing to do with his relationship with parcells. Something clearly changed for him during his time with the jets

now there was speculation he left because he didn't want to be in parcells shadow and wanted to make his own legacy. but again speculation.

Billihchick said himself it had to do with uncertainty. this makes the most sense as well. there is an old saying that if something doesn't make sense, it likely isn't true. the truth makes sense. Lets put in some perspective. Leon hess had died right before the 1999 season. the team was going to be sold off at some point soon. He didn't know who the owners be. He resigned january 4th 2000. 2 weeks after he resigned the johnsons purchased the team. he already knew the krafts and liked them. he didn't have the issues with them that parcells did. he left NE only to get a raise and promotion. pure business. He alos knew parcells wasn't going to be the long term GM. parcells retired after being the GM for only 1 season (right after the 2000 season) so basically he was handed a job where the owner died during his original contract, to be the head coach for a team pending sale to who knows who with a GM that was a "lame duck" and going to be gone after 1 season. It's a shitty deal. His last head coach gig was the browns who are also a shit show. Why would he want that instability. From his stand point he would feel like a lame duck himself. knowing that in less then 1 year there would be a new GM, new owner, and the new regime would likely want to start over with a new staff. in NE he knew the owners, would have stability, and didn't want to fucked over like he did with the browns. It was likely his last shot at a chance of being a head coach and he didn't want to waste it. So not only did bellihchick say it, it also makes the most sense