Belichick preparing for multiple threat posed by Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Oct 17, 2012.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2012/10/belichick_pats.html

2. Bannon

Bannon New Member

He's right about the punt fakes -- the basic choices are there every week. The way that Tebow tips the balance is that he has a great deal of ability to pick up a short amount of yardage even if you know it's coming and are trying to stop it -- particularly in a direct snap, quick strike play. (The ones that don't work in the regular offense tend to be plays where there is a fake handoff and a read, with some pause. If you get in the backfield, you can blow up the play). The Texans left their regular defense on the field to defend the punt, and Tebow still plowed right through for a first down. So you have to devote your full manpower to that charge up the middle.

3. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

I've never really liked Belichick because I'm a Colts fan and the past rivalry there. Belichick never struck me as a "high moral guy". And because beliefs and morals some times line up the Tebow fans and haters (but not always), I just found it ironic that the guy who endorsed "spygate" seems to have an appreciation for what Tebow brings. Maybe the most of any coach in the league right now.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I love Patriot week. Always mind games being played.

5. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

and he said all of this with a straight face?

6. jetfan1987

jetfan1987 Banned

Belichick is a defensive mastermind. If there's anybody who can figure out a way to beat Tebow, it's this guy.

7. jetfan1987

jetfan1987 Banned

I've always found it kind of funny, too, how x's and o's Belichick is when it comes to talking football. No emotion or commentary, just basic facts. Talk about a contrast from Rex's style.

With that being said though, the only thing I hate more than him is the fact that he's not our coach.

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Tebow threw close to 200 yards and ran close to 100 yards with 2 TDs in his 9th start last year against the Patriots.

I do not think he was kidding.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Don't believe anything you hear from Belichick - especially when it pertains to the NYJ.

In his time as head coach of the Patriots, Bill Belichick has, on multiple occasions, overtly lauded certain players and coaches from the NYJ in the week(s) leading up the facing his team.

I don't know his motivations behind this. Maybe its to artificially inflate the egos and get them to relax, maybe its to get a staff or player to think they are in his head, maybe its just to be an asshole- IDK but he does this to the Jets especially, more than any other team, he goes over-the-top in praising certain individuals.

Judging by this history,the fact that Tebow is such a headlining and polarizing figure, and the fact that these comments were both over-the-top and unnecessary (this is just an article on it, in the real presser he went on and on and on and on) - I'm 100% certain this was just another example of his games. Maybe he made these comments to get into Sanchez's head, maybe he made them to mess with other players, maybe he made them to try to get Rex to play him more, IDK, but those comments aren't genuine.

10. Jrsy2FLA

Jrsy2FLA Banned

He takes Tebow seriously enough to have worked him out prior to the draft. I bet he would've went to NE if he was available in the second round. As far as getting in Sanchez's head, it's not necessary. He's his own worst enemy. I noticed he mopes at times when struggling. Have we faced a hurry up O team yet this season? May be a real test in conditioning for the front 7.

11. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

If push came to shove I would say you are a 100% right but keep in mind that Belichick went to dinner with Tebow before the draft. Rumor had it he was going in the 2nd to New England.

12. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

He LOVED Kerry Rhodes for some reason. Absolutely loved him. I think it was partly because Rhodes always seemed to be an emotional guy who played better when he felt slighted or was amped up.