Beer/Crowd Noise

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Frenbar, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I'm assuming there will be no beer sold at tomorrow's game since it is a night game. Does anyone know for sure? I am afraid a sober crowd won't be as loud on 3rd downs.

2. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

No beer = people staying in their seats = crowd noise

I'm sure everyone will get nice and toasty before the game anyway.

3. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

I was at the game Week One and it was loud as fuck. The crowd forced the Cowboys to make mistakes that set up the blocked punt.

4. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I wasn't that crazy about the week one crowd. They hardly made noise except on 3rd down and even then the energy just wasn't there. The crowd was better after the Burress TD and way better after the blocked punt TD.

5. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

dude were u there? one of the louder games I've ever been too, at least for the second half....

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The building is pretty quiet whether they sell beer or not, the less beer the sell the less time people like me that want to watch the game have to get up b/c some drunk has to go to the bathroom or beer line every 5 mins.

7. FatDarrell

FatDarrell New Member

Since when do they not sell beer at night games? This would be a travesty.

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

What noise does beer make?

9. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

They haven't for quite a while now. I believe it was after Buffalo ass raping us by like 45 points back in the early 90s and fans set the seats in the upper deck on fire in effigy. That game was ugly.

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If we're relying on beer to beat the winless Dolphins we're in a lot worse shape than I thought.

11. NYJet87

NYJet87 Member

The Halloween inflatable pumpkin game. Too young to remember but I hear about it all the time

12. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

The crowd sucked balls in the first half. The 4th quarter the place was ballistic though.

13. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Crowd's different, the acoustics are not as good.
    I sat in the lower bowl at the Meadowlands for 10 years, and I went to 4 games last year in the new Meadowlands, but now in the upper deck (GEE, I wonder why?) and the difference in crowd noise is very noticeable.
    The beer factor makes no difference.

14. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Only place I haven't sat yet is the mezzanine. The upper bowl is just terrible in comparison to the bottom. The sound resonates better down there, not to mention the better sight-lines. Someone wrote about this a while back but it really feels like the stadium was designed for the 100's and 200's with the entire upper deck being stapled on as an after-thought.

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I think it gets pretty loud in the new building, the problem is there are too many people there that aren't Jet fans that are hanging out in suites and clubs so it limits the # of people being loud. Let's be honest, our crowds aren't great crowds to begin w/. We need the team to get a 3rd and short before the place gets loud and if we are losing? the place is dead.

16. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

You know. I have a hard time disagreeing with this. The dynamics of the crowd have changed significantly in my 10 years with tickets. Pretty much spot on here, junc.

17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

to everyone going to the game....... I'm hoping to hear a MAAAAAARRRRRR-SSHHAAALLLLLLLL chant as soon as the Flippers take the field and keep it going until he loses his sh!t. Especially if Revis is shutting him down

:up: :jets:

18. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I totally agree with this. The configuration of the new place is a real sound deadener. The seagulls think it's loud, but the Dolphins won't. You can scream your lungs out and I don't care how drunk you are, the new place is not the "Home Field Advantge" the old place was.

19. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

They sold beer at the cowboys game. IDK about tonight, as i have been to night games where they didn't. The only reason i can see them not selling it tonight is beacuse its the fish

20. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

I will be getting nice and toasty before hand beer is to expensive in there anyways...i definately expect a quieter crowd tonight....monday night game coming off 3 losses. People are practically trying to give tickets away. Its a shame. The Marshall plan definately adds some excitement I want to see him get knocked the F out.