Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Mr Electric, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

This is one of the best online shooters I've ever played.

It completely rapes MAG in every aspect. I think it's neck and neck with MW2 depending on what you want out of the game.

I like it more than Modern Warfare 2 because it involves teamwork and strategy. You don't see 50 fucking guys sprinting every just shooting and randomly throwing grenades.

Here are some things that I really like about it...

Vehicles: Jet skis, gun boats, Blackhawk helicopters, tanks, 4 wheelers, and Humvees...in big team matches, vehicles are very important. Multiple players can be in a vehicle at once. For example, an entire squad of four can enter a Blackhawk - a pilot, two machine gunners, and a passenger. Every squad member but the pilot can parachute down at any time.

Everything is destructible: You can change the map by blowing up the environment. If you see a sniper using a tower, just shoot an RPG at the tower and blow that shit up.

Weapons and Upgrades: There are four different classes - Assault, Engineer, Medic, and Recon. Each class is awesome and they all have different weapons and gadgets that you can unlock.

I recommend this game to anyone that likes online shooters. It's incredibly addicting.

2. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

Never got into online shooters because of all the 13 year olds i ran into when I did, but playing the game in story mode its hands and shoulders above the 1st one. I might have to try out the online mode.

3. TheManiac

TheManiac New Member

Th single player campaign blows MW2 out of the water. It seems like they put a good amount of work into it, not just skipped over it like COD & GOW. These other games don't even compare in SP. I'm loving it.

I like the new Squad DM mode online. 4 teams of 4 battling it out. Pretty fun.

4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

in your online playing experience are people actually using the mics to communicate? i got addicted to online shooters because of socom which was much slower paced and required teamwork to win. if this game forces people to use the mics for something other than talking shit to each other i will need to check it out.

5. TheManiac

TheManiac New Member

Yes and No.

I dont know what console you own, but on 360 they had a multiplayer demo over January and February. I played that a decent amount. There was some amount of talking going on between teammates, not all that much.

When I was playing the Squad DM I was playing with three of my buddies, so we were talking and communicating. It helps for sure. Not as tactical as the Tom Clancy games or Socom. Enviroments are HUGE though.

There aren't game lobbies in between games either though and their isnt a free for all or deathmatch game type, so you don't have to worry about 12 year olds telling you that they "fucked your grandma so hard she bled through her mouth" either (yes I had someone tell me that) I haven't encountered anything like that. Hope that helps.

6. ukilledkenny

yeah thanks man, i have a 360 and the online community really sucks compared to the old ps2 days when everyone wore a mic and actually talked game strategy.

7. TheManiac

TheManiac New Member

Also man, if you or anyone else out there play Madden 10 on 360 still...get at me. I run a online franchise and we have 3 openings and we are in week 5 using the updated rosters. Legit site, older guys and realistic football.

8. Tight

Tight Active Member

Held this game and infamous in my hand for about twenty mins today.. Chose infamous... smfh

9. ukilledkenny

what teams are available and how often do you guys advance weeks?

10. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Just got it this weekend. I've played the 1st and half the second mission so far. I tried to get online and it was down or something. Also my VIP code (limited edition or something) wasn't getting accepted.. seems kinda screwy so far.. maybe they're swamped.

11. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

inFAMOUS is a great game and you should have been able to get it at around $25-30

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

What system? I'm playing on PS3.

Every game sold in the US is a limited edition game, so everyone has that VIP code.

I played online all night last night and I'm about to get on again.

13. TheManiac

TheManiac New Member

Once you get your weapons upgraded a little bit its alot more enjoyable online.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I didn't have a problem with the starter weapons.

I hate the fact that so many people are snipers. If each squad could only have one sniper, the game would be so much better.

15. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

PS3. I have a friend at work who says that he has to delete his game data and reinstall every time he wants to get online. Sounds like they're having some problems. I may just play the single player campaign and then let the game sit for a little bit before I get online until they work all the kinks out.

16. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuMK0ca99cI[/YOUTUBE]

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Hmm? I haven't had any problems with connection issues. I've been playing with a few friends as well, and they haven't experienced anything like this either.

That sucks man.

18. TheManiac

TheManiac New Member

Not saying I did, but once you get stuff like AT Mines and Grenades, its a whole new game.

More explosive = more fun.

19. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

No sweat, I have faith that the game will be good once the kinks get worked out. I think that the EA servers are just overloaded right now. I don't think that it will surpass MW2 as my steam-blower-offer but it may be a nice diversion.

20. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

This is usually the case when a new game comes out, the servers immediately shit the bed because they're turned on for like 20 minutes and then get shit on instantly.