Baseball video games

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Jake, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I know this is a football video games area but I didn't know where else to put this so whatever.

I was wondering what new baseball video games are coming out this year... So far I have heard nothing of a new version of MVP Baseball (which was always my favorite). All I've seen is MLB 2006 but I'm not sure if that's new or not.

Anyone got updates or info on the best new baseball vid games??

2. jkgrandchamp

jkgrandchamp Member

Yea all MVP is doing is making NCAA Baseball no MLB for MVP . MLB the show is good but 2k6 looks and sounds better . The show you can make a player and try out in spring

3. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

EA can't make MLB games anymore after TakeTwo bought the license. I believe whoever made The Show is just renting it from TakeTwo, or they sold it to them because TakeTwo signed a multi-year contract with Jeter to be on the covers. I've gone ahead and started to update the MVP 2005 rosters because it's easily the best baseball game.

4. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

MLB 06 The Show is made by Sony.

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I bought MLB 06 The Show solely for the Home Run Derby. That's good enough for me. I've played two games for the heck of it and they were good.

Last year I bought MLB 06 (which had Guerrero on the cover) and the EA game (M. Ramirez on cover). I hated the EA game. To me, everything about it was worse. Also, it was obviously just me (I posted about it this time last year here), but I could not play it. I had more trouble with that EA game than any other video game I ever played.
    Worst beating I took was when I lost 43-1 against the Pirates (I used the Dodgers).

6. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

No offense, but you must have really sucked at it to lose that bad.

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

None taken. I was so ridiculous, it was beyond belief.

8. boomer

boomer Active Member

Since they stopped making the MVP series, I've been playing MLB 06 The Show. It does a great job of capturing the atompshere of a baseball game. The dynasty mode is really deep too.

9. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

I have heard great things about both games.
    EA's MVP (NCAA) 06 is the same engine as 05 with a few tweaks to hitting and throwing. Like FB, you take a college and try to win the CWS. You have to recruit and earn corporate sponsorships. The sponsorships can be earned if you do certain things in various games. The only drawback is that it isnt MLB endorsed.

I played a demo of the show and thought that the game play was fantastic as well as the graphics. I have heard great things from people playing.

I dont think you can go wrong with either one.

10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

This might be a dumb question but why'd they call it 'The Show' this year?? Is it some sort of storyline game now or am I way off.

11. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

From what I saw from commercials I think it's kind of like "NBA--The Life" where you have a player and get endorsement deals and buy cars and stuff and it's like living the life of a baseball player. A little bit like Madden Superstar mode.

12. Vilma4MVP

Vilma4MVP New Member

Played both, EA takes the cake

It's true that EA can't make professional baseball games anymore, but let me tell you guys, the NCAA game is excellent. Presentation wise, it lacks the flair and broadcast style that The Show has, but its gameplay is awesome, and the dynasty mode is great. Unfortunately, my copy got demolished on a drunken night that I will not further recount, so I picked up The Show. Good game, but I can't recommend MLB over NCAA.

13. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

It is the show because of their career mode. You create a player and move up the ranks to the majors. You only play as your created player and can speed up a game to get to your at bats.
    I have heard stories where you are stuck in the minors for a while, get called up, sit on the bench, get sent back down before getting your chance to start in the majors. This takes place over several seasons.
    Much better than Maddens career mode.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Started season mode today in The Show. I lost 6-3 in 14 innings as the Mets against the Nats.

That's much better than losing 43-1.

15. Pennythetowelboy

Pennythetowelboy New Member

no more MVP? thats sucks now im not buying a baseball game. crap.

16. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

No. MVP 06 was released. It has college teams and players instead of MLB ones.