Baker's Mock Draft(12-30-13)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by BakerMaker, Dec 30, 2013.

1. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Will be doing the 1st round with all 32 picks and do the Jets 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks since its unclear what we're getting with Comp. Picks. Feel free to ask why I put guys for certain teams or what we're getting. There are 3 trades and I will put what each team got for round 1.

1) HOU- QB Teddy Bridgewater Louisville
    2) STL- OT Jake Matthews Texas A&M
    3) JAX- OLB JaDaveon Clowney South Carolina
    4) MIN(via CLE)- QB Blake Bortles UCF
    MIN Acquires:
    4th overall pick

CLE Acquires:
    8th overall pick
    MIN's 3rd and 4th round picks in 2014 NFL Draft
    MIN's 4th round pick in 2015 NFL Draft

5) OAK- QB Derek Carr Fresno St.
    6) ATL- OLB Anthony Barr UCLA
    7) TB- DE Khalil Mack Buffalo
    8) CLE(Via MIN)- WR Sammy Watkins Clemson
    9) BUF- CB Darqueze Dennard Mich St.
    10) DET- OT Cameron Erving Florida St.
    11) TEN- CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu Oregon
    12) NYG- OT Cyrus Koundjio Alabama
    13) STL- S HaHa Clinton-Dix Alabama
    14) BAL(Via CHI)- WR Mike Evans Texas A&M
    BAL Acquires:
    14th overall pick

CHI Acquires:
    16th overall pick
    BAL's 4th round pick in 2014 Draft

15) PIT- OT Greg Robinson Auburn
    16) CHI(Via BAL)- DT Louis Nix III Notre Dame
    17) DAL- DE Trent Murphy Stanford
    18) CLE(via NYJ)- QB Johnny Manziel Texas A&M
    CLE Acquires:
    18th pick

NYJ Acquires:
    26th pick
    MIN's 3rd round pick in 2014 NFL Draft

19) MIA- OT Taylor Lewan Michigan
    20) ARI- OT Cedric Ogbuehi Texas A&M
    21) GB- C.J. Mosley Alabama
    22) SD- CB Justin Gilbert Oklahoma State
    23) PHI- DE/OLB Vic Beasley Clemson
    24) KC- WR Davante Adams Fresno St
    25) CIN- DE Kony Ealy Missouri
    26) NYJ(Via CLE from IND)- TE Eric Ebron North Carolina
    27) NO- DT Ra'Shede Hageman Minnesota
    28) NE- TE Jace Amaro Texas A&M
    29) SF- WR Allen Robinson Penn St.
    30) CAR- OG David Yankey Stanford
    31) DEN- DE/DT Stephon Tuitt Notre Dame
    32) SEA- WR Marqise Lee USC

JETS DRAFT PICKS:

RD1) TE Eric Ebron North Carolina

[​IMG]

Jets are in need of a playmaker at TE....enter Jersey born Eric Ebron. Not the most consistent player(He has his cases of the dropsies), but someone who has insane athleticism and can make some of the craziest catches that will get you off your seat. He's an improving blocker that Gio Bernard often liked running behind last season that's only getting better at the area. Could be someone who steps in right away and can make plays based off his athleticism even if his route running could stand to improve(As with any young WR/TE entering the league).

RD2) WR Jordan Matthews Vanderbilt

[​IMG]

Doesn't necessarily excel at any one category, whether its size(6'3 200+ lbs) or speed but he's a steady, consistent, reliable target that our offense is in dire need of. Steady hands, finds himself open with crisp route running, tough WR that doesn't shy away from the middle of the field. An all around contributor who can start right away and even be a go to guy for Geno Smith. Despite being a senior, he just turns 22 next July.

RD3(TB's pick) OLB Trevor Reilly Utah

[​IMG]

Calvin Pace had a 10+ sack season and as a result may look to cash in one final time and may price himself out of the Jets ideal range. As a result, we'll be hunting for an OLB and we may go after one in FA but if not....enter Trevor Reilly. A captain of one of the most underrated defenses this past season(They gave UCLA and Stanford hell), this guy is a chippy, no-nonsense leader who while may never be a go to sack artist, has the speed to cover TEs if need be and can get to the QB as well as chip in against the run. Will be just what the doctor ordered for the Jets for our front seven. A real solid player who could find himself in round 2 or at the very worst, the top of round 3.

RD3(MIN's pick) S Ty Zimmerman Kansas St.

[​IMG]

What keeps him from going in round 2 was a knee injury sustained midseason that sidelined him for a bit. The type of safety Rex would love, another physical, good speed, great ballhawk instinct that could be our free safety of the future since Landry/Reed just can't get it done at this point anymore. Might never be a superstar safety but he plays similar to Harrison Smith of the Vikings, just an all around/well rounded safety.

RD3 RB/WR/KR/PR Dri Archer Kent St.
    [​IMG]

Johnny's boy....and a player the draft regulars gushed about since he went wild last year for the Flashes. He offers a similar attribute to what Tavon Austin offered only he didn't play against top defenses all year around and has been dinged up a bit(In particular this year) due to his 5'8 size. But the one thing I don't think any prospect in this draft can match him with is speed. Archer may shoot up to round 3 based solely off the 40 yard, and with some good workouts if healthy and if he shines at the Senior Bowl. Archer is shooting to break Chris Johnson's record shattering 40 yard dash time and I don't think its far fetch'd if he came to close to it...he's ridiculous with his speed.

Just a matter of getting the ball into his hands. He can offer the Jets a home run hitter from the backfield, especially if Goodson doesn't get his speed back from his ACL tear. He can be a dangerous threat as the team's KR/PR, something we haven't had in a while and he can even find himself open as a target in the field as a checkdown option for Geno Smith. Jets fans loved Leon Washington....well Dri Archer does what Leon Washington except with much more speed. There isn't a better marriage in this draft than Dri Archer to the Jets....he's exactly what we need.

#1 BakerMaker, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  2. BakerMaker

Alright fancied it up a bit....lets hear the groans lol.

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Where's your obligatory "Golden Domer"???

:)

4. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

We have the same 3 Positoins in order...just different players.

I like Ebron & Matthews very much, just prefer Cooks in rd 2.

5. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Who is Mike Adams? Evans* going that close would be devastating I really want him first round.. nice picks though that'd be pretty nice for us.

6. BakerMaker

He's a Steelers bust LOL.

Just fixed that.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If we can get Matthews in the 2nd, that would be a steal - disciplined route runner, excellent hands, physical. He could be this year's Keenan Allen who plays the game similar.

I like this draft as well - big UNC homer so I am def on board with Ebron. Man we would be lucky to get a draft like this one.

8. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

Not a fan of Archer in the third. Would much rather a legitimate RB like a Hyde.

9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I thought you had us taking Manziel at 18 and was excited.

Then realized it was a trade.

:rofl:

Pfail.

_

10. BakerMaker

Probably getting a veteran QB. Rex/Idzik/Marty/Lee are still on board so I doubt they go with a rookie QB again and they'll stick with Geno.

11. JStokes

You're probably right. Geno showed enough with his 190 yards to prevent us from taking a franchise QB.

You should be very happy.

_

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think the top 3 in this draft is how it is likely to go.

I think there is a chance that Johnny Manziel sneaks in as the #1 or #3 if everything goes perfectly for him between now and draft day. I could also see him going where you have him going.

13. 74

74 Well-Known Member

.... if that happens in real life I will commit murder.

14. JStokes

Yet you said he was (i) going back to school or (ii) was a second or third rounder.

Too funny the bullshit you spin.

Don't worry your man Geno gets another year.

_

15. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I would be happy with that for sure.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I mostly ignore you but when you outright lie as you have been doing lately about things that I said I guess I have to respond.

I said early on that I thought Manziel was the only sophomore likely to come out among the QB's. I've stuck with that notion from the beginning.

I said I thought it was a mistake on his part to do so, but that he was a force of nature and he was probably coming out.

I've also consistently said that I thought he was a 1st round pick and one of the two really good QB prospects in this draft class.

I've about had it with your outright bullshit. Feel free to have your opinions but do not distort what I've said because it's easy to go back and prove that this is what you're doing.

For the record, I think you add nothing of value to this board at all and your posting style is both grating and disingenuous. Feel free to disagree with me on this with one of your typical distorted posts that lies about the facts while breezing into yet another attack.

17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

He's a good one to mostly ignore. He's abrasive like MrE was but with out all the insight that made him bare able untill he had his flame out.

18. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

If you were the GM we'd obviously be taking a QB.. Johnny football in New York would be awesome and add immediate excitement to the offense especially with more weapons we all know that but do you see John Idzik taking a qb is the real question no point in putting a qb in a mock draft if Idzik won't do it.

19. 74

74 Well-Known Member

whatever Brad. you consistently downplay every QB that's coming out, magnifying their flaws (imaginary or potential) while all the time making excuses for Geno's sack of shit performance this season. then you sit up there on your high horse and put on a mask of fair judgement. Stokes is one of the only guys on here that knows what he's talking about, he's abrasive sometimes but I can't blame him with the cesspool of moronic fanboy posting that has to be waded through on here.

20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Not a huge fans of mocks with trades, that said you did not go overboard.

I like the players you have the jets drafting, but I have a very hard time seeing Ebron at 26 and Matthews lasting to our pick in the second.

Love the archer pick.

Over all a good job. Let's hope something like this shakes out in spring.