BakerMaker....Makes A Mock Draft?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Draft' started by BakerMaker, Apr 25, 2013.

1. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

The 2013 NFL Draft...

1)KC- OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
    2) JAX- DE/OLB Dion Jordan, Oregon
    3) PHI(From OAK)- OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
    - PHI wants that premier OT and won't mess around and have OAK trade with someone for them so they'll bite and give up this year's 3rd round pick and next year's 3rd round pick.
    4) SD(From OAK via PHI)- OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
    - OAK continues stockpiling picks which is what McKenzie wants and SD gets the final "legit" OT(Fluker's not in the top 3 OT convo but he's good) but it'll come at a cost of this year's 2nd round pick and next year's 3rd round pick and a late round pick like round 6 this year
    5) DET- DE/OLB Ziggy Ansah, BYU
    6) CLE- CB Dee Milliner, Alabama
    7) ARI- OG Jonathan Cooper, UNC
    8) BUF- QB Ryan Nassib, Syracuse
    - Tough call to go as it can be any QB but I don't think BUF goofs around and will get their QB at 8 but I can defintely see a trade down but it might be too costly for MIN or STL to do it....maybe Floyd enticing someone to go up for him.
    9) NYJ- WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia
    - I am not as big on Austin as others but his value is at an all time high in a explosive lacking top tier draft and Austin can be the Desean Jackson that Marty M. always took a liken too and I can see him be the big splash player the team(And Woody Johnson) hopes he can be and he can take care of special team duties and potentially be with Hill for a talented and scary WR duo for years to come.
    10) TEN- OT DJ Fluker, Alabama
    11) OAK(From SD)- DT Shariff Floyd, Florida
    (Get their guy all along AND get draft picks for this year and next? Good job to you Mr. Mckenzie)
    12) MIA- CB DJ Hayden, Houston
    - A shock of a pick but Hayden is highly regarded and his lone blemish is the heart condition which he's been cleared of. Has high potential be a go to corner and MIA will take that shot as they can't rely on Brent Grimes to be the go to corner from the get go coming off a season ending injury)
    13) STL(From NYJ)- FS Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
    - STL wants Vaccaro and badly but NO and CAR have been linked with him and the Rams will be aggressive and get who they want and will jump ahead with NYJ to do so. NYJ moves 3 spots back and get STL's 4th round pick this year, and a 6th & 7th this year)
    14) CAR- DT Star Lotulelei, Utah
    15) NO- OLB Barkevious Mingo, LSU
    16) NYJ(From STL)- TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
    (TE is of need and they get the best guy of the position in the draft who is similar to Owen Daniels but bigger and can be that 2nd tier type of TE in the league and is much needed for the Jets. Tough to give up Jarvis Jones but after really rolling the dice with Austin, Idzik and Co. will go a "safer" route and get their long term TE)
    17) PIT- OLB Jarvis Jones, Georgia
    18) MIN(From DAL)- MLB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
    (Supposedly Minnesota is sort of spooked of the Bears of them targeting Te'o at 20 though I think that's a bluff....MIN GM who loves Irish players loves Te'o and they have a lot of coaching personnel who are former LB who think Te'o fits the billing of that MLB they desperately want and they'll swing a deal to do so and give up just their 3rd round pick and get back a 6th round pick from DAL to complete the deal)
    19) NYG- G Chance Warmack, Alabama
    (Jerry Reese being Jerry Reese and gets a possible top 10 talent to fall into his laps. Why are the Giants this lucky?)
    20) CHI- DE/DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
    21) CIN- MLB Alec Ogletree, Georgia
    22) STL- WR DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson
    23) DAL(From MIN)- DT Sylvester Williams, UNC
    24) IND- CB Desmond Trufant, Washington
    25) JAX(From MIN)- QB Geno Smith, West Virginia
    (Vikings deal again but they trade down as the Jaguars go and end the fall of Geno Smith as Kahn their owner makes a new, flashy pick and puts Gabbert on notice as new management will go for a QB right here. JAX could stay put and take Barkley or Smith if he falls or Manuel but I think they don't sit around and wait and jump and get who they want. Jaguars surrender the 1st pick of the 2nd round, their 4th and 5th round picks and a future 5th in 2014)
    26) GB- DE Bjoern "The Germinator" Werner- Florida St
    27) HOU- S Johnathan Cyprien, Florida Int.
    - Ed Reed's old and often hurt and Cyprien offers a useful backup role and could very well find a lot more playing time than bargained for if Manning or Reed get hurt. Hard hitting safety, just what Wade Phillips likes.
    28) DEN- S Matt Elam, Florida
    29) NE- CB Jamar Taylor, Boise St
    30) ATL- DE Tank Carradine, Florida St
    31) SF- WR Justin Hunter, Tenn.
    (They supposedly like Hunter a lot and they have been inked to a WR despite taking AJ Jenkins last year given Manningham's hurt, Moss is a FA and they can use a No.2 or 3 from the get go. Hunter seems more polished at WR than his former teammate Patterson.)
    32) BAL- ILB Keith Minter, LSU
    (Minter has Rolando McClain and his dumbass to thank for being the final pick of round 1....good for Minter.)

Top 10 Best Available After Day 1(Little predictions of where they'd go)
    DE/DT Datone Jones(UCLA, the Titans....of New.....I mean Tennessee)
    CB Xavier Rhodes(Florida St, he'd be the Vikings pick to start day 2)
    QB Matt Barkley(USC, Matt Flynn may be in town but what's to stop Barkley from taking that job in The Black Hole? Hmm?)
    OT Menelik Watson(Florida St....Stafford meet Watson. Watson meet Stafford)
    S Eric Reid(LSU, hop onto the Gold Rush of San Fran you're on a contender Mr. Reid)
    QB EJ Manuel(Florida St, Fly Eagles Fly...........On The Road To Victory.....)
    TE Zach Ertz(Stanford....Arians loves ya Ertz. Luck put in the good word for ya.)
    G Larry Warford(Kentucky....J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!)
    WR Cordarelle Patterson(Tenn......nobody storms the wagons like the Buffalo Bills! :buffaloblows:)
    RB Eddie Lacy(Alabama....Who dey? Eddie Lacy is dey.)

Skipping to what people care most about....

Jets picks:
    ROUND 1: WR Tavon Austin(West Virginia)
    ROUND 1: TE Tyler Eifert(Notre Dame)
    ROUND 2: G Larry Warford(Kentucky)
    ROUND 3: OLB Cornelius Washington(Georgia)
    ROUND 4: S Earl Wolff(NC State)
    ROUND 4(STL's Pick): CB Tyrann Mathieu(LSU, could go higher but I think he's slipping to day 3)

**Jets trade 5th round pick and swap 6th round picks(NYJ has 178, NO has 183) to acquire RB Chris Ivory from the Saints**

ROUND 5: Traded to NO for RB Chris Ivory

** Jets trade 6th round pick and 7th round pick to move back into 5th round for PIT's 150th pick**

ROUND 5: QB Zac Dysert, Miami(Ohio)
    ROUND 6: Traded to PIT in trade up
    ROUND 6(From STL): OT Jordan Mills, La Tech
    ROUND 7: Traded to PIT in trade up
    ROUND 7(From STL): DL Lawrence Okoye, Great Britain

9(10 if you count Ivory) new members to the Jets family coming out of this draft for the Jets. Do a trade down, a trade up and a pick give away so Idzik is working the phones and then some.

Thoughts? I don't know if this draft will be for everyone but we get some serious talent upgrading here and really take some talent for much needed spots. I added a 1st round to give everyone a general consensus of what I see happening with explanations for all trades and for a few picks here and there.

I await the tomatoes to be thrown now. :lol:

#1 BakerMaker, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  2. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Great job. Hard to see them going offense first 3 picks, and WR/TE in the first round.

I think Jordan Mills will go a lot earlier than the 6th.

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Thanks. Its plausible honestly but I can see J. Jones go over Eifert....I don't think Ertz makes it to our 2nd round pick though in all honesty so we may have to go TE in rounds 3 or 4.

Mills could go in round 5 admittedly but you never know with these lesser known school OTs. He'd be a heck of a backup plan at either tackle spot honestly.

4. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Logical draft. I'm still a littler higher on Jarvis Jones than most so I would think about him over Eifert at 16 or even 13 if there is no trade back but yeah this makes sense too.

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Golden Domer , no surpise...I love Eifert, I just don't think he's going to be there at 16.

Not a Zac Dysert fan.

The 3 W's...Warford, Washington & Wolff are perfect players fpr the Jets.

I don't want the Honey Badger, even that late in the draft, I have a feeling Idzik isn't looking at Bad character guys.

6. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Baker only makes mocks to draft his favorite Notre Dame players :smile:

7. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Not another TE in the first round. Do the Jets ( and Jets fans) ever learn??????

8. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Would love to see Okoye in the last round

9. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

You have no concept Of Eifert's ability.

With that attitude, no passer rusher, since we drafted Gholston.

10. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Not really high on Austin or Eifert but even with that considered I think this is a solid mock.

11. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Nice job. I wouldn't be upset at all with this outcome.

But I really think Tyrann is getting drafted in the 2nd round and Okoye goes in the 6th.