Baker Mayfield goes after Giants fans

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Jul 17, 2019.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Admit I got a laugh out of this. And the lordly, stuck up, entitled Giants fans are really pissed off...but still this is the kind of stuff that I'd think would be out of Mayfields system by now. Reeks of immaturity.

Baker Mayfield’s defense of Odell Beckham tears down Giants and their fans

https://nypost.com/2019/07/17/baker...ell-beckham-tears-down-giants-and-their-fans/

As if Odell Beckham Jr. can’t talk himself into enough controversies.

Baker Mayfield offered a defense of Beckham during an in-depth ESPN piece on the Browns quarterback, and in doing so, appeared to take a dig at the Giants franchise as well as their loyal fans.

“He’s here to work, and he wants to be surrounded by people who love and support him and allow him to be himself,” Mayfield said. “He’s here to play in front of fans who actually care, who will actually show up to every game and pack the stadium and love him for who he is.”

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

baker needs to shut up and play. he's the rex ryan of QBs at this point. so glad we have darnold.

themorey, FJF and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

this dude better ball the f out next year. typically the media exaggerates but Baker is talking a lot this offseason

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

One of two things is going to happen. One is Baker lights it up next year and becomes a Brady-figure where everyone hates him but can't do anything about it because he's too good. Two is Baker struggles and everyone who was sucking his dick suddenly chomps down.

5. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Baker must not know much about Giants fans because they are loyal. They have been sold out forever. NY has some the best football fans in league with the Jets/Giants. If people aren't showing up its because many couldn't afford the PSL fee but at Giants Stadium both the Jets and Giants packed the place with season ticket holders and both teams had a waiting list.

6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

oh to be young and.......stupid! LOL.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Mayfield is gonna get punched in the mouth one of these days

8. 101GangGreen101

Hahaha thats funny, I find Giant fans to be very uneducated.

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Poster boy for former blue collar opioid addicts.

10. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Every fan base as idiots but Giants fans just like Jets fans are very loyal. Both NY teams have great fans IMHO.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

its not even accurate anyway. go to a browns Thursday night game in November. you can have the entire section to yourself

12. 101GangGreen101

I don't know a lot of Jet fans, but I know plenty of Giant fans. The fact that they still want Eli Manning to start just baffles me.

13. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I have no idea if he is going to be any good or not, but I admit that I would enjoy watching him fail, just to see how he would explain it.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Love it, just love it. It's a win win for me First off, he totally pisses off the darling fans of NY and the "never do anything wrong NY Giants". Secondly, he continues to show the level of immaturity that eventually gets you in trouble. To think he is older than Darnold and he should know better. LOL. Cocky attitude in the field of play with performance is one thing, off the field with words is another. The later does not typically translate well in the NFL, especially at the QB position. At least Darnold has that down pat. Now lets see consistent performance on the field from Sam. From here on out, Sam is the only QB I want to root for. Couldn't care less about Baker.

15. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Not a fan of Mayfield off the field, but his response was to a question on his thoughts about Cowherds recent criticism of Beckham.
    He stood up for his teammate. Exactly what he should be doing.

westiedog1 and CotcheryFan like this.
  16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

RPOZ51 and FJF like this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

if that was the case his quote should have been

"“He’s here to work, and he wants to be surrounded by people who love and support him and allow him to be himself,"

he didn't need to take a jab at giants fans, a majority of which were pissed they traded ODB

18. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Stop,We all know your agenda.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

3 he turns into a decent not great starting NFL QB.

20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Going after Giant fans isn't standing up for your team-mate. It's throwing the entire players Union under the bus. Every paycheck in the NFL is based on fan support. Since TV revenue is shared and NYC happens to be one of the two largest eyeball markets in the NFL, his comment didn't support any NFL player it supported the idea that Mayfield is really a dumb ass.

Beckham has profited more than most NFL players because of Giant fans. Giant management may have done the wrong thing. To be determined. The thing about trades for picks, until the picks actually produce they look worse than they actually are. If they do produce at a high level and Beckham continues to get hurt and act like a clown Giant management will be vindicated. If Beckham plays his ass off and Cleveland wins and the Giants continue to suck, Giant management will look like a clown car.

The fans on the other hand were fully supportive of Beckham when he wore the uniform. As it should be.

GasedAndConfused likes this.