Backbreaker

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by ukilledkenny, May 21, 2010.

1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

demo just dropped for 360 and i am impressed so far. the game is nowhere as deep as madden but that was to be expected. its crazy to watch these plays unfold organically with physics being the only factor in what happens.

passing is gonna take some getting used to for everybody but i think it will be really fun after getting the hang of it. the camera being so close to the action really gives you a new respect for what real qb's are dealing with every play.

running is really fun and players actually feel like they have weight to them which is a far cry from madden. so far my favorite play was just an 8 yard run on a pitch. i have had better highlights so far but this play just felt so much like real football it was crazy. i take the pitch and see the OLB beat my TE around the corner and is gonna kill me. i make a little juke and get around him and head up field. now i actually need to follow my blockers as i look for a lane. i see the field open up and think i am gone for a touchdown and then BAM! i get destroyed from the backside by either a linebacker or a saftey. watched that replay a bunch of times.

2. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

I just tried this and deleted it. Honestly I think it sucks.

3. Drew

Drew Active Member

The iPhone game is a shitload of fun, easy to play, I'm going to check the demo out for this soon.

4. ukilledkenny

it's not for everyone. the camera can be really difficult especially being used to the madden god view camera. i am god awful at the game right now but i haven't been challenged just to learn a football game since i was about 7. this is something new and fresh and i think it deserves a fair shot.

5. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

I'm gonna go with this instead of Madden this year. I'm sick of the lack of improvements. I cant wait till EA looses their monopoly on NFL football. Competition is needed to make these games better. I'll have to download the demo when I get home tonight.

6. Windeos

Windeos Member

I have had this game pre ordered for absolute ages. I cannot wait for the release, I'm downloading the demo now but from clips the game looks great.

I hate the whole madden game. It's so generic and boring, every year nothing changes apart from rosters. Once you've seen a few moves or tackles you've seen them all. But at least backbreaker won't be like that.

At least I hope backbreaker kicks madden's ass into gear and makes madden decent next season.

7. ukilledkenny

here's hoping that the offensive a.i. is better in the real game. the cpu controlled qb's are interception machines in the demo. i got 3 picks one game and you only get to play one half... on two minute quarters.

#7 ukilledkenny, May 25, 2010
    Last edited: May 25, 2010
  8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

The physics in this game absolutely DESTROY Madden...not sayin much but that's about it.

There is too much missing in terms of it being a Good football game.
    Shur looks purdy dough

9. TheManiac

TheManiac New Member

Euphoria kicks ass. However, the physics engine alone does not merit the 50 dollar price tag.

The players look like Aliens on Steroids wearing body armor, every player has an 8 pack. Defensive awareness is non existent, camera angles are incosistent to a fault. There has been some talk about the Devs backing up the camera just a little bit. I could see this making the game have much more appeal to the casual gamer.

After reading, watching gameplay videos and playing a decent amount of the demo myself, it is safe to say that the game definetly has alot of good things and tons of promise. There are also lots of problems that a first generation football game has to deal with. The sequel has already been announced, but I'm not buying this until the price drops a little bit.

EDIT: If you want the BEST FOOTBALL GAME on the market go buy All Pro Football 2K8 for $4.99 from Gamestop.

#9 TheManiac, Jun 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

WIN //Thread

11. Tight

Tight Active Member

Enough with this shit already man.. In what way is all pro football 2k8 better then Madden 2010 ?

12. ukilledkenny

passing, running, line play. i have played the shit out of 2010 but if you want pure football apf2k8 is still the way to go.

13. TheManiac

TheManiac New Member

It's 4.99. Until you play it, and learn the controls, don't tell me Madden is better.

I'm not gonna say its hands down better, but the fact that the two games are so close in comparison is completely ridicuolous in its own right. The real question is in what ways is Madden better than All-Pro? Because its not better in terms of gameplay, presentation, or online. APF2K8 will be 3 years old next month and I guarantee you it will still go head to head with Madden 11 in several aspects. All-Pro makes Madden 08 & 09 look like a complete joke. There is this thing called momentum, and until this year EA Sports had never implemented it into a football game.

Ian Cummings took the lead on Madden and has the team in the right direction as far as creating better gameplay. I'm just worried that the powers from above are leaning on them to develop more towards features they can charge for, like crappy ultimate team or this scouting bullshit they announced today ( WHICH BY THE WAY WILL NOT CARRY OVER INTO ONLINE FRANCHISE for those of you who know what im talking about) instead of fine tuning the gameplay mechanics.

14. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Madden has a franchise mode for one. That's kinda something almost every sports title has had in this console era. I'm sure there's a bunch of others but I don't want to starting complaining about old games. I rather wait for Madden 12 when they will hopefully implement the physics engine from NBA Elite and NHL 11.

15. ukilledkenny

madden has the option to play a franchise mode but it's unplayable. free agents disappear, the cpu makes shitty draft choices, the cpu will allow a franchise player to walk into free agency instead of clearing cap space to keep the guy, if you really get into it you can know who is gonna be a good player in the draft or a bust just by looking at their name since they only have like 60 possible draft classes.

i still play 2010 to this day but that's only because of the online play. anyone who buys madden because of its franchise is most likely bored by october.

16. TheManiac

TheManiac New Member

Progression in franchise mode is weak. Those draft classes are loaded with speed and nothing else. You could have a 70 ovr rb with A potential who has 100 yards on the season and a 70 ovr RB with C potential who gains 2200 rushing, guess who is getting better next year? Not the record breaker.

#16 TheManiac, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  17. wildthing202

Saw this coming, Madden has something different but it sucks right? Something is still better than nothing.

18. ukilledkenny

the point is that madden's franchise mode has about as much re-playability as the season mode in 2k. which is to say very little. but yeah that something is better than nothing attitude got us the great games known as madden 06-09.

19. wildthing202

Yep I doubt a Madden hater would play Madden's franchise mode for long.

Isn't this thread suppose to be about the bug ridden Backbreaker and not the feature-less 2k8Can anyone make a $60 game that's worth paying $60 for?

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

MLB The Show 10 is worth every penny.

The ESPN 2K football games were great when they came out and they only cost $20 dollars brand new. ...so they weren't $60 dollar games, yet they were better than Madden.

For the record, I like Madden 10 online, but the franchise mode completely sucks. I just wish they'd get it right.

#20 Mr Electric, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010