AVT makes PFFs all rokie team

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Jan 12, 2022.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Nice to see, but I’m not sure he deserved it over Dickerson. He played left guard for the top rushing team in the league, fourth in YPC. Maybe he gets bumped off because he played next to an All-Pro center. Tied for 6th least sacks allowed in the league.

PFF has them with the same amount of sacks allowed and penalties and Dickerson had the edge by 0.1 in their own ratings.

ouchy likes this.
  3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I think not having a chance to play all season next to All-Pro Center, like Dickerson did, outweighs the 0.1 gap in pff rankings. AVT was also more available playing extra two games. Well deserved.

#3 Borat, Jan 12, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    ouchy likes this.
  4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I think AVT is a good football player.

5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Considering we were told he was the only good guard this draft so we're going to spend 3 times more on him than the other interior guys cost, he should make this list.

#5 ouchy, Jan 12, 2022
  6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Didn’t the Jets have a chance to draft two of those guys instead of just one?

REVISion and ouchy like this.
  7. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Yes but TGG has already informed us we would have taken the wrong ones, or taken none, so it was a good trade.

REVISion likes this.
  8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yes, we did. If we just knew in advance how this year played out before last draft, it would be a lot easier, wouldn't it? The fact we hit on one of these guys is good thing.

9. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The Chiefs must have that because they got Humphrey at 63 and Smith at 226 - while we used 24, 66, and 86 on AVT. Fun fact - they got Smith with our original 6th that we traded down with in the 5th. We got Pinnock and Marshall and they got Smith and a TE Noah Grey.

#9 ouchy, Jan 12, 2022
  10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I think Chiefs did really well. Trey Smith worked out in amazing way, since it looked like his career may be over before it started. They took a chance and ended up with 2 of top 5 OL rookies. However, that's one team that outdid us. 2 did similarly as us with higher picks, and 28 others didn't end up with a top rookie OLman. Again, we got a top rookie at the position of need. There is no reason to complain, even if one team did better.

Also, just to set the record straight, we did not just give up 86 pick, we got assets back for it. We basically broke it down where we ultimately ended up with Echols and Pinnock for it, which I think is a good value.

ouchy likes this.