Avengers: Endgame discussion thread : MASSIVE SPOILERS

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by SOXXX2, Apr 26, 2019.

1. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

SPOILERS AHEAD

2. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Good movie, it definitely was a lot different than Infinity War, Infinity War was Thanos's movie, this movie was more about the original 6 Avengers, and it was also the celebration of the entire MCU.

Cman68 and The Dark Knight like this.
  3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

What a massive spoiler, I am shocked

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I'm going to go light spoilers, wait a couple days to go completely into it just in case some one accidentally reads it, despite all the warnings. :D

ENDGAME is a 3 hour movie, but honestly it flew by. And I left wanting more and feeling like they could have added so much more to it. Hard to explain!

They did a great job of going places no one could have expected or predicted, going places many had predicted, and doing stuff with characters no one could have predicted. Hard to balance all of that, but they did a fine job.

This running gag with Thor I found unfunny and a waste of a completely bad ass character from Infinity War. They also went a completely different route with The Hulk than I would have. Besides that, I was mostly pleased with the decisions of each character.

Tony Stark is the heart and soul of the MCU and he was the heart and soul of ENDGAME too. I doubt Robert Downey Jr. will be nominated for an Academy Award for his performance, but he should. He was magnificent beginning to end.

Chris Evans was also great as Captain America. They gave him much more to do in this film than Infinity War. He has 2 completely bad ass moments that fans will love.

Ant-Man and Hawkeye were both really good in this too. So many great moments in ENDGAME. You just have to go with what they are saying in the story too. A lot of stuff happens that does not quite make logical sense, but this is the MCU. Just go with it! :)

Grade: A

5. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I started to write something last night, then started to watch review videos and then got to tired and fall asleep.....

6. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Thor I didn't find funny, a lot of people did, a lot of people in the theater did. Speaking of which, ive never seen this before but they had us lined up which they usually do for the movies like this, when they let us in, people were running down the hallway and jumping over seats like it was black friday, Ive never see anything like it in a movie theater, a lot of crowd reactions to the whole movie, at sometimes it was annoying because I couldn't hear the movie..... but I agree I thought they should have just stuck to the serious side for Thor it looks like he will now be in Guardians of the Galaxy. Same with Hulk, I would have liked more Bruce Banner

This movie was about Stark and Rodgers, I think they both went out good. I think Captain Americas ending was sort of genius, HOWEVER technically speaking, if he did travel back in time, he would have just created his own timeline, therefore when we saw old Captain America, they were showing his timeline from when he went back in time, NOT the main timeline, but they didn't display it like that. Also technically speaking they could go back in time and bring back anyone by allowing them to travel back through time like Thanos did.

I wasn't thrilled with Thanos dying right off the bat, however in the end it paid off. They didn't make Thanos as badass in this movie as they did in Infinity War, he came across as MUCH weaker and vulnerable, we also didn't get to see much of him until the end. The ending fight I DID NOT expect, I thought we would potentially see the main avengers brought back and they would just fight Thanos alone, I didn't expect it to be the whole thing, or Thanos's army. I did want Thanos to get the Gauntlet put back and actually used but obviously if that did happen, he would have wiped them all out instantly. (In the comics, Nebula takes the gauntlet off after Thanos wins, I thought they were actually going that route when he Thanos said he would find out if Nebula would stay by his side)

One thing I kept pondering the whole movie was where was Captain Marvel? she didn't participate in the time travel or return with them after they killed Thanos, there wasn't an explanation and considering how powerful she is she should have been there. I know they mentioned her being away for awhile while in space, not a big deal though.

Overall its definitely a top 5 Marvel Movie

#6 SOXXX2, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    The Dark Knight likes this.
  7. The Dark Knight

Yeah, stories this massive and with this many characters will have logical problems like that. Clearly Captain Marvel would have done more, but if she did, the others wouldn't get to. Going back in time could easily save everyone. I agree, that is why I say just go with the theory and plan the Avengers went with. Who lives and who dies doesn't really make much sense in this story, but I respect keeping some characters dead as it carries much more weight than if everything was just fine. This kept things serious and intense.

Thanos came across weaker and more vulnerable because he was. He hit them at the perfect time in Infinity War. In this, the one Thanos had already destroyed the stones completely weakening himself, and the 2014 Thanos was not quite ready but adjusted. I thought they did a great job with him. One of the best comic book film villains ever. (Right behind The Joker and Loki).

8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Endgame? So that is the end of it?

9. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

It was the end of an era for a few. It will be different going forward, but the MCU is probably looking at another 10 years of movies.

10. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

So actually the ending with Captain America is a lot more complicated, essentially Steve Rogers is stuck in a never ending time loop, sort of:

-There are always two Steve Rogers (Young and Old)
    -Steve Rogers always will end up going back in time and marrying Peggy Carter
    -Steve Rogers will always end up on the bench while the younger Steve Rogers goes back in time
    -Old Peggy Carter will always inevitably run into Younger Steve Rogers in Winter Soldier however not reveal that he will eventually go back in time and marry Peggy Carter
    -"The world has changed, and none of us can go back. All we can do is our best, and sometimes, the best that we can do, is to start over."(Peggy Carter in Winter Soldier).....She is correct, the time travel doesn't technically go back in time on the main time line, its starts a new timeline; starting over
    -"Peggy kept so many secrets I didn't want her to keep one from you"(Sharon Carter talking about Peggy in Civil War).....It turns out Peggy Carters biggest secret was that Steve came back and they kept it a secret
    -The final scene of Peggy and Steve dancing IS NOT a scene from the past, it is present day Steve in the past which happens at the same "time" that Old Steve is passing the shield on
    -How did Old Steve get the shield from present day Steve? Present day Steve had to have given it to him

#10 SOXXX2, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Thanos to me is #1 hands down. He beat Iron Man, Thor and Captain America at the same time.

One of the best movies I've ever seen. So many awesome battles and just execution of moves. The new timelines will have repercussions

12. The Dark Knight

Now I am even more confused! :D

I didn't say The Joker could take on Thanos in a street fight! Haha. He is a great villain for sure. Yeah, I am definitely wondering what will happen in future films and all the new Disney+ shows.

13. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I just heard another theory, basically Captain goes back in time, lives his life with Peggy, then travels forward in time so he can be sitting on that bench.

I guess it will be up for debate, Peggy did have a family, but is Steve the father?

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Was there a Dr. Strange sighting?

15. The Dark Knight

Oh! we are using our made up names? Then I am Spider-Man.

NYJFOREVER and Cman68 like this.
  16. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I just came back from watching it. I didn't like it.

One of the stupidest plots I've ever seen. Thanos was totally correct with what he said towards the end of the movie.

Incredibly boring for most of the movie not really much action until the end. Too much acting, stupid plot, not enough Thanos/bad guys.

Thanos won fair & square in the first movie that's where it should've ended. Senseless stupid sequel.

Two thumbs down.

I hope Godzilla doesn't disappoint me.

17. WarriorRB28

Too frickin melodramatic this movie was. I hate it when movies try to make me cry too much.

I felt like I was watching a chick flick for most of the movie and I thought I went to see a action flick blockbuster. And they turned the Hulk from a raging beast to a pansy killed off the character without actually killing him know what I mean?

Even the trailers that played before the movie sucked. Looking back offered a hint of what was to come.

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Ringing endorsement for a good movie.

19. WarriorRB28

Everyone has to like it? There's a right or wrong here?

Dreadful, stupid, boring movie IMO. It's a 3 hours long soap opera/chick flick being advertised as a action packed blockbuster. Okay ending, most people will FINALLY get what they paid for IF they can stay awake long enough to see it.

Thanos really won. The end. The only way the Avengers 'win' is with a stupid, unbelievable, nonsensical storyline where they not only travel back in time they also bring people back from the dead!!!!! When in the beginning of the movie 50% of humanity is still alive, Thanos dies and it seemed like there was peace. What they should've done as Thanos pointed out near the end was rebuild the human race that would've been more interesting instead they go on a stupid 'adventure' to 'bring back their friends' and let's face it without Thanos around anymore they had no more fighting to do they were as bored as I was watch watching this movie. LOL

Two thumbs down, zero stars.

[​IMG]

#19 WarriorRB28, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  20. The Dark Knight

I gotta say, @WarriorRB28, you can't be taken seriously with that review. 2 Thumbs down? 0 stars? Kinda ridiculous. Why did you even go sit through it if you had that attitude? Doesn't make much sense to me. Did you watch the other 21 MCU movies and enjoy them but somehow did not enjoy Endgame? That also does not add up. Contrarian for contrarian's sake? Maybe.