Available cornerbacks after cuts..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rico college, Aug 28, 2014.

1. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

It sounds like Chris Cooks might be cut by the 49ners. He had 2 interception this pre season. Who do you think might be available after teams start cutting down there rosters?.

2. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

He just got picked up.. If he gets cut from a team with a weak secondary that fast.. Im good .. No thanks

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Not very encouraging considering the lack of talent in San Fran's secondary.

4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Beggars can't be…ah forget it.

5. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Yeah are CB are so damn good.

6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

no doubt we'll be active this weekend. also wouldnt totally dismiss a trade for an established corner. jets are in a pickle despite what is being told to the media and fans.

7. NY2MD_FS

NY2MD_FS Member

Not sure about a trade but they are most certainly bringing someone in. They have to.

gustoonarmy likes this.
  8. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

Could maybe use Simms / Hill ( who would want him ) Cumberland in a package trade

9. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Bringing someone in at this point just shows the glaring mistake made this offseason not addressing the secondary with anything but cast offs and average talent at best.
    It's going to take a few weeks to pick up the defense and get familiar with the other guys on the field so growing pains are inevitable but we need help and we need it bad.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Trades are highly unlikely in the NFL unless it's draft time and even then they usually just include a bunch of draft picks.

Not to mention it's not that easy for players to come in a week before the season starts and be up to speed.

Plus I'm sure teams look at those three as part of the trash heap as Cumberland is probably the only one viewed around the league as anything of a contributor and even that's a shotty assumption.

11. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

I'm not so sure teams are lining up to trade for Hill, Simms and Cumberland.

12. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

This. Idzik did an awful job handling free agent cb's. The worst part is that we still have 20+ mil under the cap. Did NOT need to break the bank to sign a starting caliber CB.

Ozymandias and NYJetsO12 like this.
  13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I love it when people think we can package up a few of our shittiest players and get some call value out of it.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

- Terrell Thomas
    - Drayton Florence

Both are nickel and dime guys we need for depth.

Calvin Pryor is an average talent? There's more to a secondary then the CBs. Now if you said he didn't address the CB position with anything but castoffs and average talent - well you got an argument.

15. Jersey Joe 67

My mistake, I meant the CB position.
    I love the addition of Pryor and I think we are much stronger at S.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The only starting caliber corner that didn't get a ridiculous deal was Verner and he signed right away with Tampa Bay to go play Lovie Smith's cover 2 defense. I do agree we should've signed another low tier guy that wasn't Patterson but it's not like Idzik foresaw him being a malcontent.

It's not like our cornerback situation automatically slates us at 3-13 like everyone's insinuating at this point.

YOYOYO and FJF like this.
  17. Jersey Joe 67

Idzik can't be faulted for Patterson going AWOL but he did know the guys injury issues.
    Either way it went down Patterson is not a starting caliber corner and that's what we were in desperate need of.

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Plus, the Jets are going to have to play to their strengths and run with 3 safeties especially against those offenses early in the season. 5 DBs (Milliner, Walls, Wilson, Pryor, Allen, Landry)

19. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

Revis deal was basically 1 year/12 mil
    Thurmond/Cromartie/Tarell Brown/maybe even Bailey were all better options than Patterson

20. GangGreenBlues

GangGreenBlues Well-Known Member

I think we could possibly trade for a corner, but not with Hill/Simms/Cumberland. We would need to offer something the other teams actually want. Daryl Richardson/Billal Powell come to mind, since we are loaded at Running Back, and those 2 guys probably won't get many carries anyway, if CJ and Ivory stay healthy. So we could package one or both (less likely) with maybe Cumberland or Sudfield and and maybe add something else (TJ Barnes?).