Australia is now a possible site of NFL games

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by abyzmul, May 21, 2024.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

to be fair it makes more sense than Brazil. They actually play football, a version of it anyway, in Australia and of course we've seen some Aussies make it in the NFL, unlike Brazil.

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

It makes more sense but Austrailia has 11 hour time difference with West Coast and 14 hours time difference with East Coast. Not sure how the logistics work out but I doubt 1 week recovery time will be enough one way. I see no chance of this happening really.

abyzmul likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

yes that's a longggg road trip. I think they should do it for preseason only

Brook! likes this.
  5. Brook!

Just FYI. I watch Rugby. I wake up 4 am weekday or weekend. And around 5 am Eastern they show Australian rugby on some US channels. I end up watching bits and pieces. Lol.

So if they even play preseason it will be very weird hours for any TV viewership.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

the Jets played the Bucs in preseason once in Japan during Herm Edwards time here. It was the middle of the night here

7. Brook!

Yes BN. That's what I am talking about my friend. Tokyo and New York has 12 hours time difference. So either they start games at 8 am in Sydney for it to be shown in USA West Coast(no East Coast) or do it just for appeasing to Australians with zero USA viewership.

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

New York at 8 PM Saturday is 11 AM Sunday in Melbourne which is now the most populous city in Australia (depending on which of the two census boundaries the NFL chooses to use). Not a terrible time for either. It changes a bit when daylight saving time goes in and out in both places on different dates.