At this point,what is your take?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by typeOnegative13NY, Dec 7, 2008.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

On favre as a Jet now?
    There were some threads earlier in the year downing the move to get favre. I have always felt that Chad got a raw deal here,and imo,it is showing to be true. In those threads we all got bashed for downing the move ,or having doubts. How are you going to feel if we miss the playoffs,Brett retires and Chad continues to tear it up in Miami? The season is not over yet(technically) but this is starting to look down right embarassing for the Jets organization. If we miss the playoffs,and farve retires,will you still be happy that things went the way they did? Even if Chad leads the Dolphins to success during his time there and we are searching for our next good qb for years?

2. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

It wasn't so much getting rid of Chad that had me fuming, but the trade for Favre. I agree Chad got the raw deal though.. if you know anything about rotator cuff injury you'd know he could still regain a lot of his strength back. Just look at Brees. Bringing Favre in means that we fucked over our younger QBs by not giving them the opportunity to develop, plus there's no way you can bench Favre without the entire country hating you with every fiber of their being. I think Clemens COULD turn out to be something. The guy played better than Chad last year and Chad is a good QB. Obviously Ratliff has shown potential too. I think we're fine at QB so long as Favre doesn't hang around.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

At this point I don't think it would matter if we had Montana in his prime at QB.

4. danaaprildarren

I still believe in the team. Today we did not see the team that was 8-3 to start the season. I am very upset and it is easy to get too deep into blaming, however with all disappointment aside I feel that the division is ours to keep and Favre has definitely made an impact.

Bottom line, in September if you had told me that we would be 8-5 with 3 games left and in first place, I would have taken it in a heartbeat.

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

No matter what happens the rest of the way, bringing in Favre was the right move. The Dolphins aren't winning a SB with Pennington at QB.

6. duketogo

duketogo New Member

I see Favre playing the same style of game Chad was. I'm seeing dink and dunk offense, but the wheels completely fall off the bus with throws longer than 15 yards. I know Favre is capable of much more than this, but it is a disappointment nonetheless.

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I agree with all that, but it is going to be really embarrassing if the Jets fail to make the playoffs. And that's whether the Dolphins or Patriots win the division.

Up until February 3, 2002 it had been really tough being a Jets fan. Then things got worse starting with the Patriots victory over the Rams in the Super Bowl. Then Joe Namath- the face of the franchise- kissed Suzy Kolber while drunk and furthered embarrassed the organization. Then the Patriots won two more Super Bowls.

No playoffs this year with Favre after starting 8-3 and with a soft schedule the rest of the way would top all that in my book.

Horrible.

8. WickedBadMan

WickedBadMan New Member

My take - wait until the end of the season and then evaluate.

Doing it after every game is going to yield different responses.

9. typeOnegative13NY

Agree. And If Farve came in here,and can only play the dink and dunk game Chad was playing,it kind of shows that it must not have been Chads fault after all.

10. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Chad's arm strength is what it is. They've done a nice job game planning and playing to his strengths in Miami but it's not like he's lighting up the league with 300 yards games every week. All it shows me is that the Jets have a fucking moron in charge of the offense.

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I thought Pennington was very bad in 2007 and that his struggles were much more related to poor decision making than lack of arm strength.

Beyond Pennington, my biggest issue with the 2007 Jets was the repugnant coaching.

That Pennington is playing better this year is related in part to a better coaching staff and renewed focus on Chad's part.

As for Favre, I think he's played good enough in most games. My issue with the team this year is again the coaching. Mangini and Schottenheimer are not making things easy for Favre. Also, Coles and Cotchery have been big disappointments.

12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

What gets me is that we get Favre and the CS asks him to be Penny like.

I agree Chad got a raw deal and I root for him because he gave his heart, soul and Body while here.

That said, the CS has done the Same thing here with Favre.
    Coach the game into a position where you put the QB in a very difficult situation to win the game.

13. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I just laugh knowing that the words "New York Jets" were actually used in the same sentence as "Super Bowl" but a few weeks ago...

More like "Toilet Bowl."

Thanks alot Jets- you've managed to waste 1.5 hours of my day today (thanks to DVR).

14. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Wasnt a fan of the win now mentality. Sure im ok with the Jenkins and Franka, etc signings. But Favre, not so much. One and done, thought this from day one.

I REALLY hope Ratliff learned something from him this year. Or Clemens. Whatever.

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

we have a winner.i've said it a few times here....mangini is the second best coach every game.

16. typeOnegative13NY

I'm trying to think back to all the games,and remember 1 game where we were down and still won. I think maybe only KC? This team either jumps out and strikes 1st,or loses. If the opponent scores 1st,the game seems to already be over because Shittinheimer completely deviates from the successful pages of the game plan.
    This is something i have always noticed with the NYJ,even beofre theis regime. It's a;; mentality,and they can never dig themselves out of a hole.

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I don't know about that.

I mean, Mangini coached opposite such NFL coaching "luminaries" as Norv Turner, Marvin Lewis, Herman Edwards, Jim Haslett, and Tom Cable this year.

18. typeOnegative13NY

It won't be Clemens. He isn't smart enough to be an NFL starter. I guess we will see what Ratliff has. Kind of upsetting that Miami has Chad,with someone right behind him. NE has Cassel and most likely Brady coming back,and Buffalo has Edwards who is pretty good. After Favre,what do we have? A big "?"

19. ToddisGod

ToddisGod Banned

very true
    and by the way does this loss fall on favre
    honestly?
    someone tell me it does
    are guys open on deep balls he is missing

20. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Cassel is not likely to return to NE. Maybe he'll go to Detroit, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, St. Louis, or the Jets.

As for Edwards, I think he's okay- nothing more.