ask mike tannenbaum a question

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by willyot, Sep 12, 2006.

1. willyot

willyot New Member

Post a question here for the G.M. and there is a good chance it will be asked on his show on SNY. The show airs Thursday at 4:30.

He is in a good mood this week, as you might imagine, so fire away.

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

What are the chances we acquire LaDainian Tomlinson in a trade?

3. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Is Kraft blowing smoke out his rear with this tampering $hit?

4. Dunlaing

Dunlaing New Member

Does the new CBA still allow for increasing your salary cap in the upcoming year for "likely incentives" that have not been met in the current year? If so, do we plan to use any of our cap space at the end of the year as "likely incentives" that have no chance of being met?

5. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Were barf bags distributed to the whole front office during press conferences when Herm was here?

Did Bradway get a new car and a trip to bermuda when it was announced we received a 4th round pick for him?

Wait..thats two..just pick the best one.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

How far under the cap are we now and how far under does he expect us to be heading into free agency?

7. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Do you think the weak running game is a product of the offensive line, the RBs we have, or that way our running plays are designed?

8. nyjunc

I think I can asnwer that(willyot see if Mike agrees). First off the OL is very young, they seem to be a decent pass blocking line but are struggling opening holes, w/ some experience playing together I expect they will get better. Secondly, I think Barlow is our best RB, even w/o much to work w/ Sunday he made something out of nothing. i like Blaylock but I think w/ his size and speed he's a change of pace back after Barlow or Houston bruises the D. Third I expect the ground game will get better b/c D's will have to respect the passing game as long as Chad is halthy and playing like he did Sunday.

9. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

What the hell were you thinking in the the 3rd round of the 2006 draft?

10. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

Is the 4:30 show on Thursday live or taped???

PS....thats NOT a question for Mike T.; thats for anybody that knows the answer...

11. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

When are we going to see a cap on the salaries of first-round draft picks so that

a - teams aren't financially penalised for having a bad season

b - unproven players don't suddenly become multimillionaires, leaving their struggling teams in cap hell if they turn out to be a bust and

c - quality veterans aren't forced out of the league to make cap room for those unproven multimillionaires?

I really don't think the fans mind when bona fide superstars get big salaries, but out of college you shouldn't be looking at an $18 million signing bonus.

12. nyjunc

Ask Mike to compare and contrast Mangini w/ Parcells and Belichick.

13. Dunlaing

Dunlaing New Member

There already is a cap on rookies. Each year, teams get a portion of their salary set aside as the "rookie cap." They can't spend any more than that on their rookies and they can't use that money on veterans. The rookie cap is different for each team and is calculated based on where the team's draft picks are (and that's all draft picks, including trades and compensation).

The amount you get for your first round pick(s) is very high, which leads to the problems you mentioned. But there is a cap already, it's just not low enough.

14. BrowningNeagle

BrowningNeagle New Member

Ask him

Can he kick field goals inside 30 yards?

15. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I meant specifically on first-round picks, but I see what you mean - if the overall cap was much lower it would force teams to spend less on their first-rounders.

16. nyjunc

Thanks Willy! I saw the show and Dunlaing's question and 1 of my questions made the show.

17. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I obviously don't know what Tannenbaum said, but I'd've thought we'd have needed to keep space clear in case of Pennington achieving escalators in the reworked deal that aren't currently taken into account?

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Mangini just noted the importance of the home team fans yooping it up and being aa noisy as possible. A litney of Hot Cheerleaders roaming the sidelines and getting the fans going would seem to be in line with what Mangini says is important. OK, so when can we fans look forward to seeing some babes on the sidelines??? I'm just looking out for the team, really.

19. GreenMachine

You can't have cheerleaders at the Meadowlands...This point has been reiterated 80 million times....