As bad as I have seen in 30+ years, the way forward is..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Nov 5, 2018.

1. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Yesterday's game was probably the worst Jets game I have seen in 30 years and actually makes some of the Kotote games (atlanta at home) seem like enjoyable escapes! We are poorly disciplined, our game plans are from 1934 and the cheap hire Cs are showing exactly why they have been hiking in Alaska for 5 years..

So where do we go from here .. I am in the downhill part of my life and 8 years, 3 rebuilds on from our last play off game we are no closer. All of us are desperate for success and it starts at the very top, our ownership has created a cluttered a confused structure that in my view hinders our ability to succeed.

I think Bowes has to go mid season as this team is on the verge of being toxic, it sends a clear message but also allows us to get a jump start on the head coaching market.

I don't believe Mac deserves any option to return either, outside of his 1st Rd picks we have nothing to show for his drafts or free agency. Do we really trust him with $100m +.. For me his FA signings are actually worse than his drafting whether its overpaying for poof schematical fits or simly poor signings. We have not really seen one of his FA signings look a solid investment.

Back to the Owner/s enough of this GM not running the team and ultimately decision making processes, hire the best guy available be it a GM/HC aka Harbaugh or hire the GM first then get a HC. However I would load up the wheelbarrow with cash, head to Ann arbor and make this Harbaughs job forget the cost.

Our next hire needs to be a top tier recruit its an attractive job for once with stacks of cash, a young QB and some players with potential .. We cannot simply cannot mess this up

Ralebird, papapump, NCJetsfan and 5 others like this.
  2. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

The jets lost to a horrible dolphin team. It was a team loss as well. The phins gave up I believe over 950 yds of offense the last two weeks. Their starting safety pulled himself from the game. There starting center and guard are on dl,best wide out on dl,back up qb,both starting tackles were hurt during the game, Yet the Jets laid an egg. Teams have been running the ball at will against the phins. looking back at previous weeks stat most starting rbs were averaging close to 10 yds per carry!!! If you can not beat up on the phins who do you?

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Harbaugh Harbaugh Harbaugh..yes!!!

Make it happen Superfool and Woodless

boozer32 likes this.
  4. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

If you're Harbaugh, why in the hell would you leave Michigan to come to the Jets??

5. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Because delusional Jets fans believe this would be a great destination to come to, maybe we can get John Gruden once he's fired in a year.

6. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Wrong Harbaugh. We should be hoping that Ravens fire John. He'll be best coach available.

7. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

Please god no gruden is criminally overrated

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Would sign up immediately but do we want to hear about emphasizing defense for the next X years?

9. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

Harbaugh could be fired, and he could build the young Jets team. Pay him enough (doesn't count against the cap) and see what happens.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I know people don't wan't to hear the word "patience" anymore, but that's what I'm preaching now. The truth is: this is not a very talented team offensively (except for Darnold) and that's what's hurting the Jets right now. Interceptions aside, which were more the result of trying to win from behind, you can't expect to win football games by constantly going three and out. I sense the FO has a plan, and while there have been some misfires in executing it, it's still seems there is a plan, and I'm willing to go another season to see if it can bear fruit. I think that's a more acceptable alternative than starting over again with new staff.

FJF likes this.
  11. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I could be totally wrong on this, but I wouldn't be surprised if we lose against Buffalo next week that will do him in. I know the sentiment is why don't they fire him now, but I don't think the FO was planning on firing him midseason (does any organization?). If you can't beat the Bills at home then who can you beat? I will be in attendance and be rooting for a win, but I hope I can take solace in the fact the Bowles will be gone if they lose.

Brook! and rohirrim665 like this.
  12. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

The only guys doing more with less are Andrew Luck and Alex Smith.

13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

In most other businesses, the Jets would be out of business. When a company is struggling, they either close down or look for new management to right the ship. Jets aren’t closing down anytime soon, so they need new management.

It seems so simple from the outside looking in, which is what Woody is doing right now. If he’s looking at all, that is.

Macs made some bad decisions that have us in this current predicament. He decided to try to load up early on and make a run and it failed miserably. THEN he commits to a rebuild. If he blew it up from the start he might have been ok, but he wasted that first couple years and it will probably cost him his job.

Bowles is Bowles. A bad coach with poor talent on offense, which is on both he and Mac. He started Sam and it might have cost him games and ultimately his job. I wanted Sam to start but there’s a reason I’m not an NFL head coach. Not that I believe McCown would have been much better. Less mobile, so he probably would have been knocked out anyway, but it is what it is.

Regardless of who started, this is not a Super Bowl level roster. I’ll give them credit for at least understanding that and deciding that a year of experience for Sam would be better in the long run. Where Bowls completely lost me is sticking with Long when he can’t snap straight. It’s been weeks. That is literally setting your quarterback, and by extension your offense, up for failure. It’s by far the most egregious offense he’s committed with regards to game management and in my opinion more the enough reason to justify cutting him loose midsession.

NYJetsO12 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Monday night Dec 6th 2010. I took a client to the game in New England on Monday night. 1500 for 2 tickets on the 50 3rd row. I had to walk 2 miles to my car in below freezing weather in and out. I took heaps of abuse from drunk Pats fans. We lost 45 to 3. It was 17 zip in the first quarter.

Coincidentally we beat them in the playoffs in New England on January 16th of the same year. That was our last "Super Bowl" appearance.

You would have to have been in a coma for the last 29 years to think yesterday's game was bottom 10 in the last 30 years.

15. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Well said. I was going to post about that game but went in a different direction. 6-3 New England was another stinker as I recall. There are much worse that don’t readily come to mind.

I think what makes this one bad is Long. It’s comically bad when an NFL football team can’t even snap right. It’s like buttfumble for centers, on repeat.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Wait until the best possible team he could ever build at Michigan gets rolled by Alabama by 50 points and you’ll have your answer.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

fans would be patient if Bowles had proven himself at any point during the previous three seasons to be a competent coach, and Mac a competent talent evaluator, but neirhet has. What exactly are you advocating we should be patient about with either of them?

18. westiedog1

I wouldn't be surprised if they lose to Buffalo either, because Buffalo is like Miami (and the Jets), a decent defense with little on offense. However, I don't think Bowles will be fired whatever the outcome.

19. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Well Woody, what's the plan? Kill'em with kindness?

20. westiedog1

It's hard to be a successful coach when you don't have talent to coach. The defense has played well this year, so that's not the problem. While Maccagnan could be criticized for failing to draft better talent, but so could a lot of other GM's. In evaluating this team, Macc has to realize (if he's anything of a GM,) it's the offense that needs help. He will have a lot of money and a draft to fix that next year. If he doesn't, then calls for his head are legitimate.