Arma 2 DayZ mod

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by joolander, Aug 6, 2012.

1. joolander

joolander New Member

Anyone hear about this game? Its a mod for this military survival game. But instead of surviving the elements and hiding from enemies, you are fighting zombies! Plus there isn't any rules either. Other players can be bandits which means they can rob or kill you.

Each character has one life like in Diablo hardcore. I heard this game is completely nuts

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

2. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I heard about it but haven't played it, mostly because it's a mod of Arma2. Sometimes Arma2 comes up cheap on steam though, it's probably worth a look.

3. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

i have it but i haven't played it much. the learning curve is quite steep so when you start the game, you're going to spend hours making no progress at all. and forget about trying to learn while playing at night.. it's just not going to happen.

but the main problem i had with it is that it's so clunky. the controls/ui are just a mess. nothing about the game feels polished at all. even connecting to a server was a lot more work than it should have.

it was just announced that they'll be making dayz a standalone game though. and i'm hoping that will solve all of these problems while keeping the main game intact.

edit: 99% of the people you come across will kill you.

4. joolander

joolander New Member

not all people will kill you. for the most part if you announce you're coming to a group of people they usually won't. i had these guys in military gear in a hummer almost hit me. they felt bad and picked me up. i rolled with them for about an hour. the game is very clunky but you gotta remember its still in alpha. when the standalone comes along the UI will hopefully be fixed

5. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

I've heard of it and watched the youtube vids.

It looks. in part, like the mmo I've always wanted --

This game "The War Z" -- seems like it took the concept and ran with it, I will be playing when it drops.

thewarz.com