Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Take a look at all the 'up and comers' among the young QBs the last few weeks:

(1) Matt Stafford, with the best WR in the game, has collapsed against mediocre teams.

(2) RGII, even accounting for the injury, looks like a good prospect at best, not a franchise QB for the next decade. Maybe he's not as bad as he looked in Year 2, but Year 1 is looking more flukish.

(3) 'Hot' veterans like Matt Cassell and Matt Schwab have looked mediocre and washed up, respectively.

(4) 'Hot' backups like Terrell Pryor, Matt Flynn, and a bunch of others have all flopped when given a starters shot, though Flynn has done OK with his 2nd stint in GB (maybe because he knows he's not the long-term starter once A-Rod comes back ?)

(5) 1st Round Picks Ponder and Locker are likely going to be cut, and even Tannehill in Miami stunk it up bigtime against Buffalo a week after beating NE.

(6) Jay Cutler, with 2 top-notch WR's, has looked up-and-down, and no, the Bears aren't going to let him go (he's signing long-term or being franchised) and McGown played great this year (1st time in a decade he has).

If Mark Sanchez is willing to take a pay cut -- can't believe he won't -- I see no reason NOT to bring him back. I don't see a franchise QB worth taking with the 1st round pick (we need a kick-ass WR or TE) unless Idzik sees something the rest of us don't with the likely picks in the mid-teens for the 2014 NFL Draft.

Best to bring back Mark -- who knows Morninghweg's system -- than someone who has to start fresh. And I doubt there are really better options out there.

Better the devil you know........ LOL

DMarsh6 likes this.
  2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Yep.

Fills

3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I want to have a QB derby next year with a free agent, Sanchez, Smith, Simms, and maybe a rookie. If we have to carry 4-5 QBs for a year until we can sort things out that would work for me.

4. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

I'm surprisingly not sure anymore, but leaning towards yes.

I'd like to bring in a veteran (I would love Schaub), keep Geno, and maybe draft a QB in the middle rounds. And therefore I don't see a spot for Sanchez.

5. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

Go take a look at all the teams in the playoffs and the super bowl contenders and you will see the all have franchise qb's untill we get one will be the same old jets plan and simple sanchez is not the guy and it looks like geno isnt either.

6. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Stafford is far superior to Sanchez as a player.

Sanchez is a below average QB at best. It's just best to move on at this point. If we signed him for the league min or something to come compete for the job i'd have no problem with that (nothing wrong with competition) but I think we can do a lot better then him.

I'd take a chance on a Matt Schaub over him.

7. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Do people forget how bad Mark Sanchez sucks??????? Not just the last 2 years but also this preseason he's awful. It would be best for both parties to move on.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If he wishes to take a MASSIVE pay-cut, I don't see why not.

Vet (Sanchez, Shaun Hill, etc), Geno Smith, Rookie QB.

All I know is we need a vet out there to help us. I don't know if the fans could accept another season if Mark were to win the job.

9. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Cut Mark. Sign Schaub if you want a vet.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

We are done with sanchez...learn to move on

11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Don't forget, the next version of Sanchez we'd get is the repaired-shoulder version.

12. 74

74 Well-Known Member

we already have the next version, it's called Geno Smith.

13. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Hellllllllllllll yeah!

14. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Bringing Sanchez into training camp is one thing.

Keeping him after that is another thing entirely.

If he takes a pay cut, comes into camp 100% healthy with no ill effects from the injury, and is the first or second best QB in practice / pre-season I would keep him.

If he is anything less than that I would cut him loose.

15. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

Bring Sanchez into training camp. Bring Simms and Smith back into camp. Bring a veteran with a track record of success (like a JoshMcCown or Shaun Hill, Matt Schaub or hell, even Jason Campbell) into training camp. Bring a mid-to-late round QB with upside (an Aaron Murray, David Fales, or Keith Price) into training camp. At the end, keep one veteran, one of the current guys, and one of the youngsters who you'll stash and develop for a couple years. There are too many holes on this roster to bother depleting resources getting another top-flight project QB. The first three rounds need to net a starting WR, S, and TE. Then you probably take another WR or two, and then you think about getting a QB.

16. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Cut ties ASAP. Bring in a vet to compete with Geno.

And this time, make it a vet that might actually compete. No more Brunell's or Garard's.

17. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Let me think for a second. YES. Absolutely. 100% sure.

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

yes

and i am going to get killed but here it goes,
    give geno the job. let him go into camp as the starting qb. let him get the majority of snaps give him some good wr's and let him get in synche. qb competitions are counter productive to what t.c. should be about. trying to get the offense clicking while figuring out who the qb should be sets the whole process back weeks. 1 man pulling the trigger gives the offense a better chance to get on his page. we have a chance,with a good offseason to push for a playiff spot but it starts with continuity and decisive moves. geno can make all the throws and can hit open receivers given time. give him time and some receivers that get open and he will manage.

flame away

The 1985er likes this.
  19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Sanchez is not good.

He sucked as much as Smith but Smith has an excuse. His help on offense was not good.

#19 Cakes, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  20. laxin

laxin Active Member

I dont think those of you who want Schaub have actually watched the guy play. I am one of Mark's biggest critics, and we would be far better off with him than Schaub. Schaub would probably command a decent amount of money and the guy can help but self destruct (year in and year out) with an offense far more talented.

Jay Cutler would also be a terrible option here, and he's probably command about 15 mil per.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.