Are you going to the Jets games this year?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Apr 20, 2022.

?

Will you be attending Jets games this year?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. Maybe, if they don't suck

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Curious for the fans who love going to games. With inflation being high, I am sure prices are going up, beer will be like $30 a bottle as well among other things.

Jets haven't been spectacular either, I think I am perfectly good just catching games from home, bars, or a friends moving forward. The cost is too much and going to games just feels like work nowadays.

How about you guys?

Brook! likes this.
  2. The Great American

The Great American Well-Known Member

I would love to but I live in the sunny South. I've been to New York a couple of times but never made it to a game.

Brook! likes this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Yes. Even when the Jets are terrible the games are fun. My current group has had season tickets dating back to the Shea years so it’s tradition more than anything.

Brook! likes this.
  4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Probably not.... family up there was able to dump their PSLs. Unfortunately for me theyre playing the JAGS up there again, or I'd be at that one.

I'm sure I'll make it for a METS game one point this summer though :cool:

Brook! and Cman68 like this.
  5. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Yes, even though the Jets are putrid I have one of the best Tail Gate groups in the world.

Maybe I should just buy the Parking Pass.

I don't drink beer in the stadium. Need to sober up a little before I get on the Parkway.

KY Jets Fan and Brook! like this.
  6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hell yeah. At least 4 games if not more

You truly have the best tailgate group my friend. :)

7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Absolutely.

will try to go earlier in the season when hope is alive (week 1??)

Brook! likes this.
  8. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Yeah…always a great time when there’s still hope and good weather in September and October.

Probably won’t be bothered to go when it starts getting nasty out and the team is out of contention, but nothing more fun than a cold day in the winter when the Jets are actually contenders

Brook! likes this.
  9. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Of course. Renewed my seasons. Sec 101. Even when the Jets suck (which is most of the time) you still have tailgating which is always fun.

stinkyB and Brook! like this.
  10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I may go to a game this year depending on how meaningful it is. MetLife Stadium is 2 hours from me and that not counting traffic. So it's a commitment for me. And I really do hate the stadium and the fact that it's usually packed with the other teams' fans.

11. Brook!

You gotta let me know bickety.

bicketybam likes this.
  12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Will be at opening day as always and then another game or 2 depends on when the season officially ends for us. Maybe we will be playing a meaningful game after Columbus Day this year.. wouldn't that be something :D:D

One of my good friends from childhood moved to Thailand for work and is coming back to the area early September so would love to catch a game with him since we used to go all the time during HS + College.

Brook! likes this.
  13. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I voted Yes but it will depend on how my vacation days end up being used for the rest of this year haha

First time in MetLife was last season and had a blast (big shoutout to @Brook!) so I would love to come back but it's a lot more of a time and financial commitment for me than most on this board (I would assume).

Brook! likes this.
  14. Brook!

You and your GF are welcome in our tailgate anytime. Last time it was unorganized. This time we will organize it in advance and make an event.

#14 Brook!, Apr 21, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
    KY Jets Fan likes this.
  15. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I may go to 1 game as long as they look competitive. Luckily I was able to sell my PSL seats 2 days before the Jets were going to take them back. Better that they went to a fan and not back to Woody.

Poeman and Brook! like this.
  16. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

No. I have had season tickets, devoted tons of time and money, missed family things to go to games, and all this team rewards me with is complete trash and dysfunction. If you take the green glasses off with Douglas it’s really not getting any better. Becton had plenty of red flags that we’re now living out and there were better, safer options available. He got cute and missed out on great receiver prospects to take Mims. Zach Wilson was a terrible prospect with minimal success in college against inferior opponents, and at best needed to sit the year. Moore looked decent if he can stay on the field. Perriman was a disaster of a signing thanks Douglas trying to be cute thinking another team’s bust could be his treasure-perfectly fine except he Signed him to be our #1. Corey Davis is a good number 2 that again Douglas got cute thinking he’d magically elevate to be our #1. Lawson got hurt, but I had no confidence that a guy who made his name by “getting close to the QB” would suddenly be a great pass rusher here for us. Lawson was basically the Corey Davis signing on defense. Not one thing about this team is exciting. Our defense sucks, our offense is one of the worst I’ve ever seen, and frankly I don’t want to give up my time and hard earned money for this anymore. So to sum up, no I’m not going to any games anymore. Wake me up when someone competent shows up. Hell, just give me one player who’s top 10 even in his position and I might turn my tv on at least.

17. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Moore is our #1. Davis was paid #2 money and is our #2.

Perriman was an appropriate signing for the team we had at the time. A “competitive rebuild” is a lie GMs sell to the fanbase and why teams like the Jets become mired in mediocrity for decades.

18. Metstrife

Metstrife Active Member

Depending on the schedule I’m hoping to make my first visit to MetLife this October. It’s only been 35 years in the making

Poeman and Brook! like this.
  19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I'm gonna have to say, no.

Brook! likes this.