Are we stuck with Schotty

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Endlessly Counting, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Just occurred to me, after venting for about 18 hours, that Schotty just had his contract extended. Are the Jets Wilponesque in their refusal to eat their mistakes or are we stuck with Schotty, regardlesss of our complaints

2. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

if so, then i will have to knock over another CVS store and steal all of their oxy contins like i did
    after yesterdays game.

3. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

PSL's still need to be sold. Woody must bite the bullet and move on from Schottenheimer. Sanchez needs to play under another OC for further evaluation. A year from now the Jets will be possibly making a big ((like $75m) investment in Sanchez.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Schotty is the golden parachute. Rex needs to finally cut bait and find a guy that doesn't suck his own dick and use the jizz to ink his playbook.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If Woody puts 75mil in Sanchez's pocket after this season, he should be drug tested. Woody might be hands off, but the man ain't that stupid and will make a move, IF FORCED TO DO IT. Schotty just got his contract extended so he's safe until that's over and done. I doubt if he gets another extension and I also wonder just how much Marty's great relationship with Woody is affecting the judgement of Tannenbaum and Rex regarding Schotty. They always seem to fall over themselves covering for Schotty, calling him "genius" and reminding us every chance they get how fortunate we are to have him guiding our juggernaut of an offense.

6. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

Dude I mentioned that Schotty got his deal extended way back...perhaps in one of your threads.

I think he and Rex are tied together. I think it's up to Ryan to get up in his ass and tell him how this train is being run.

7. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

You probably did, as did others. It's just that in my crazed state following yesterday's disaster, it slipped my mind.

8. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

I think unless we win the Super Bowl, Schotty is a goner. Eric Smith, Wayne Hunter, Bryan Thomas, Mulligan and Conley will most likely also be goners.

9. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Eric Smith will be here ST Captain and backup safety... Thomas might be resigned for a fill gap cause what are the chances we draft a OLB I think Conley will be brought into training camp(didn't have one this year) Hunter and Mulligan should be converted into dog food

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Coaching contracts are made to be broken, there is no salary cap for them to be accounted for with.

Rex is tied to Sanchez, and he has even said as much. He has never once alluded to that with Brian Schottenheimer.

#10 abyzmul, Dec 25, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  11. CTOH revis island

CTOH revis island New Member

hunter has been awful lately I was disgusted with his performance in philly and this week wasnt much better he has to go

the problem with schotty is since rex is a defense guy he probably dosent have the best input offensively so it is all on schotty to run the offense which sucks because we run when we shud throw and throw when we should run and I feel like im getting more upset with him while watching the game than sanchez

12. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

When Sanchez is allowed to 'air it out' he has success. When Schottenheimer handcuffs him with his pathetic playcalling, dink and dunk passes, it really shows the flaws in his leadership.

Sanchez needs to make decisions while he's on the field...and he clearly doesn't.

13. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

The extension hardly matters, they can still fire him and any right mind would do so following the season.

14. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

extension doesn't mean he wont get fired. I think he will as he is pure shit. With him gone we can finally see whether sanchez is the qb for the future.

15. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'm just worried that the Jets keep talking Shotty up as a potential HC. They seem so blindly loyal to him. Are they really going to fire him, knowing he won't get a HC job after being canned as a coordinator?

16. gajetsfan

gajetsfan Member

Not sure how many noticed, but it seemed kind of tell-tale in Rex's presser, when he alluded to 64 passing attempts (including sacks) as not being what the team wants to do offensively. It seems to me, though he will publicly say otherwise, that this kind of statement reflects Rex's feelings about Schottenheimer.

After hearing that, I felt hopeful that a decision to fire Schottenheimer will inevitably happen sooner rather than later. However, my continued frustration with Rex is that he waits until after the game to say this, rather than telling the Offensive Coordinator, who is his subordinate, what he expects during the game (before it's too late).

Regardless of the OC decision, and who ultimately succeeds Schotty, it is still incumbent upon the HC to advise the staff of his in game expectations. I appreciate Rex and all that he's done the past two years; nonetheless, he will have to improve in this area to reach elite coaching (i.e. Belichick, Parcells, etc.) status.

17. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

you can't really expect rex to reach that level of head coaching.

expecting him to be a very good coach ala; cohwer, coughlin, fischer is more reallistic expectations.

18. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

Maybe they're hyping him up in the hopes that some poor schmuck team will take him on, saving the Jets from having to pay Schotty jr. after he's canned. At least, I hope that is the reason.

19. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Per James Walker at espn.com:

"Schottenheimer has been mentioned as a candidate for head-coach openings. But I think he's much more likely to return to the Jets."

Well, that's disheartening. Let's hope he's wrong.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast

20. NyCrAzY

NyCrAzY New Member

Can't stand this guy anymore. He's so conservative.

The NY JETS this year only beat ONE PLAYOFF contending team! And that is the Dallas Cowboys.

And we're lucky we even beat them because of Tony Romos stupidity and McKnights blocked punt.