Are the Pats done and are we ready to take the AFC east?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LI JET FAN, Aug 29, 2008.

1. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

The Pats are 0-4 in preseason.Brady hasn't played a down and they are opening up against the Chiefs at home and it means absouletely 0 when next Sunday rolls around but you have to ask yourself are they done? Their defense hasn't played especially well their O line looks slow and Moss is due to fall off the wagon at some point. Woody has spent a lot of money and it seems to have paid off with the additions of Faneca,Pace and Jenkins in the line-up but I'm really looking twoards this year as the year we take it to the Pats and beat them down like the mongrel dogs that they and their fans are.
    I'm tired of being the step child to Satan's team and it's time for payback. So in two weeks when we play them and we're up 35 points in the 4th quarter I say let Favre throw it down field to Keller for another 6!:beer:
    :jets::jets::jets:

2. Lemmiwinks

Lemmiwinks Member

I'm with ya!

The thing is, The Pats don't take the preseason seriously, remember when they didn't play Moss at all last year? As long as Bill and Brady, you know, the gays are still there, I think they're still the same team.

3. gmfidelity

gmfidelity New Member

I dont think they are done.. Especially when Brady has Moss as a target.

But i do think they have veered off their usual "Pats Style" buy buying guys who might be washed up like Hobson, Lynch, and Jordan

4. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Great thread. Are the Pats done? No. Are they as good as last year? No.

Can we compete with them this year? Absolutely. Last year, you looked at the 2 NE games before the year started and just circled L and L. You can't do that this year.

5. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

fuck yeah..........!

6. FFan

FFan New Member

Despite ...

- What we've all seen during the Preseason, the NE Patriots will still be a very dangerous team to face. You can't argue that Brady is a very very competent QB and in Moss he has a player that can make "a fortune out of Nothing".

My greatest concern is that some teams will "underestimate" the Patriots this year, given the fact that Brady has been "minorly injured" during the preseason, and thus "give up some points" on that account ...

"The Trees don't grow into heaven" (a danish proverb, not sure if people understands it in the US ?) No matter what this year looks to be one of the most exiting in the AFC in recent years in my opponion ...

7. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

That is nonsense, BB takes every game seriously.

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

If anyone underestimates the Patriots they will get smoked. Even if the Patriots have seriously regressed from last year, 12-4 still is not out of the question.

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Done no way, pre season is pre season. That said, they seem uninspired and I read somewhere that Smelichek has had them in full pads everyday in camp so maybe he has beaten them up a little. Week 1 is a bye and then its us agains them so that's the real test for both of us

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They aren't done but they are in decline. Their defense has to be worse than last year after losing both starting corners. Their offense isn't as good after losing Stallworth. Moss will see more double and triple teaming and nobody will ever be surprised by Welker again. THEN, if they have a single costly injury which they really didn't have at all last year they might be in big trouble.

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Like others have said, obviously they are not done but they are clearly going downhill. I think we are ready to challenge for the AFCE, whether or not we are ready to take it remains to be seen. Our running game will go a long way in determining that answer IMO.

12. Grogan

Grogan Banned

This is a thread I'm going to love revisiting in about 6 weeks, Jet fans, not so much. :rofl:

13. Don

In six weeks you could still lose another 11 games.

14. Grogan

Grogan Banned

Sure but in 6 weeks Jet fans will understand that they have no shot at the AFC East. See ya in 6 weeks. :up:

15. Brien O'Ken

Brien O'Ken Member

I don't know if we've caught up to the Pats yet but I do know that, if we happen to be in the situation where we're up by 35 points in the 4th quarter, I would be thrilled to continue to run up the score just to see the humiliation on Beli-cheat's face!

16. Don

In six weeks we can still win another 11 games and that is surely more than enough to win the division this year. You might be better off checking back in 12 or 13 weeks.

17. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

You will know more in 2 quarters of opening week then you will watching 4 preseason games.

As you said, Tom Brady, a lock for the HOF and by far the most important player on the team has not played a down of football yet. Once he comes back and they still look bad I will start to believe (only a little bit) that the jets can take the east. Until I see them in the Chiefs game I believe we are still a wildcard team at most.

18. Grogan

Grogan Banned

Are you the only rational Jet fan here,, maybe on Earth?:eek:hmy:

19. MeanGreens08

MeanGreens08 Member

They certainly arent done, but yes they do seem to be aging rather quickly. I was listening to the Philly radio cast on sirrius last night and even the commentators from philly were saying that the Jets were going to give the Pats a run for their money this year. They also said the Jets have a good shot a stealing the AFC east. He said we, the jets, are the clear cut #2 team in the afc east.

I know those last two sentences seem to contradict themselves a little but it was refreshing not to hear someone stroking the bills for a change.

I just like the fact that our defense is getting younger and better while the pats D is busy dying their gray hairs.

20. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

The Pats are done because they didn't win a pre-season game? Do you realize Brady played in none of those?