Are the Patriots getting preferential treatment this year?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Linebacker712, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Seriously, I have never seen so many controversial, game winning calls go their way. Last week against the Giants, Beckham CLEARLY had that TD that probably would have won it for the G-Men. Full control of the ball, both feet down, then the ball is slapped away; refs call it a touchdown and then overturn it. This week, the Bills clearly get out of bounds on the last play, untouched, and the refs run the clock out and declare the game over. There's been so many missed pass interference calls on the Patriot defense, Tom Brady gets every penalty that he demands from the refs, so many holding calls missed. So many 3rd downs called back because of holding penalties.

Given the history of the Patriots cheating, and the fact that Kraft and Goodell are buddies, I can't help but wonder if the refs are under some kind of directive to give the Patriots the edge in close games. They feel they are owed this season. Tinfoil hat? Maybe, but the NFL is already pretty corrupt. It wouldn't surprise me.

Jets_Grinch and Burning Elvii like this.
  2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

His was down inbounds. The P*ts get a lot of calls but the refs called that one correct.

3. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

Yeah, the inadvertent whistle was all part of the plan. Now Patriot fans can point to that and claim it as proof of the fairness of the refs.

Royal Tee likes this.
  4. Linebacker712

He got out before he was touched though.

5. Linebacker712

I didn't say it was part of some huge plan or that the games are rigged. I'm saying that it looks like a lot of calls that could go against them seem to go for them in game changing situations.

6. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

He wasn't even touched and went out of bounds and they ruled him in.

It's so obvious the officials give them the calls. I don't know why I even watch anymore.

7. Spygate

Spygate Member

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

what really pissed me off was the second TD...
    if the offense substitutes, the defense is allowed adequate time to substitute.

The P*ts sprinted to the ball while feigning a substitution, only to pull that player back to the sidelines.
    by that point, Buff was already committed to the substitution, and it was too late to pull it back or get to the ball.
    the refs cannot allow that play to get off before allowing the substitution process to complete.

it's bullshit and not real football. the refs shouldn't let the P*ts affect their ability to properly control the flow of the game.
    they knew it too, as they conferenced forever to figure out what happened, and then ultimately pussied out with no explanation of the long conference.

why is every P*ts game so difficult to ref?
    always shenanigans.....

btw, 2 plays in the final drive no unnecessary roughness on Taylor?
    if it was done to Br*dy, there would be yellow everywhere.

and of course, another Foxboro headset issue at a critical point of the game.

9. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

Always a cheater

Goodell is on Krafts strings

10. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

The time spent by ESPN on the inadvertent whistle was absurd. Darby clearly stops on that play. He likely stops Amendola right where he catches the ball had he not slowed up after the whistle had blown. He wasn't going to score or have a big gain. There was no time spent on Chandler Jones clubbing Taylor in the head without a call (Gruden actually praised Jones for his pass rushing move) and not even a replay after a flag was picked up after an initial face mask call.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  11. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

the NFL is Corrupt?

12. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I didn't watch the game last night, just wanted to say OBJ did not catch that ball last week. He barely had possession and it was knocked from his hands. I understand there is a lot of controversy this year about what is a catch, but that one was a no brainer.

13. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Saw one play, Chung's pass interference on Hogan that should have been a touchdown, turned game off and said to myself Kyle Wilson got called for that about a million times but not a Patriot...

NY Jets68 and alleycat9 like this.
  14. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I have to give it to Belichick in a sense that he always finds loopholes in the rules to his advantage. Not the actual cheating part, but he must have a team of people in Foxboro reading and studying the rule book to find new ways to gain the advantage. Although the Pats are talented, there really is no credible answer for them being as good as they have been on football talent alone. But instead of bitching about it, I wish the Jets would do stuff like this (staying within the rules of course). We seem to not be able comprehend basic clock management and situational football. That;s why we keep losing to this team.

15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Lol you guys crack me up

alleycat9 likes this.
  16. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

The inadvertent whistle was robbery and probably would have broken the game open. Never seen that happen before.

Buffalo also made some very costly errors in that game. And the Giants had that game won on the INT Collins dropped...

As much as I can't stand the Pats, I can't credit the refs for that win.

irishwhip03 likes this.
  17. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

They didn't even call that correct. Down should have been replayed. That whole series of events was a cluster fuck but it definitely can be added to the speculation they get protected by the refs.
    i disagree with you on the Taylor hit. The Bills lit Br*dy up all game. There was a lot of issues this game but that was done right. I especially loved ESPN use of replay. If it was a non call against the Pats or a bad penalty against the Bills, no replay was shown on tv.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the last play of the game was called absolutely correct. the runner was going backward when he went out of bounds so his forward progress stopped in bounds. if you go directly perpendicular or backward out of bounds you are considered down in bounds. its a bad play by the wr and i am surprised nobody corrected you on it thus far. the dropped beckham pass last week was also the proper call, its the rule, it sucks but its the rule. if you want the td you tuck the ball away instead of acting like a douche.

now so far as the pass interference calls or lack there of i absolutely agree, there were at least 2 absolutely brutal pass interference calls that were just missed, tyrod under threw alot last night and the patsy defenders (chung especially) play the man and face guard putting their hands up in the face. receiver stops, db runs into him and i dont give a fuck if the ball hit his helmet he didnt play it properly and it should have been a penalty.

19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

agreed with you on the inadvertent whistle. it was bad officiating to blow the whistle, but the play should have then been replayed.
    the whistle was blown before any reception took place.
    they essentially gifted the P*ts 30+ yds for their fuck up, but two wrongs does not equal a right on that play.

i didn't think Br*dy got lit up at all.
    if anything i noticed Buffalo players pulling up quite a bit to make sure it wasn't much more than a tap.
    they know they'd be flagged otherwise. i found that frustrating as i wanted to see him throttled, and they could have.

on the Taylor push, if it were Br*dy, that's 10 flags.
    also what about the play just prior, where Taylor was slug shot out of bounds? he threw him when both guys were already out, and Taylor was very slow to get up from that.
    also a flag if Br*dy, and the announcers don't even reference it.

20. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

The Bills gave him more then a few shots that i expected a crybrady flag on and i don't think the shot on Taylor was much worse what the Bills were doing. They did pull up before contact but when the league has taught you "touching this player is 15 yards" for the last 10+ years, it's gotta be hard not to have that in the back of your mind.