April 20th, 1945, on Adolf Hitler's Birthday . . .

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Apr 21, 2020.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

. . . the U.S. and Her Allies captured Stuttgart and Nuremberg. They raised the United States flag over Nuremberg Stadium, the site of the Nazis' iconic political rallies.
    [​IMG]
    lol

So what if I'm a day late.

EDIT: Better resolution.

#1 jetophile, Apr 21, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    matt robinson 17 and MoWilkBeast like this.
  2. jetophile

April 20th, 1945, Adolf Hitler's Birthday, Nuremberg falls to the United States 3rd Infantry Division and the U.S. 7th Army after a five-day battle. U.S. soldiers mocking Hitler:

[​IMG]

lol

3. jetophile

[​IMG]

Happy Birthday, Hitler! lol

4. jetophile

5. jetophile

6. jetophile

7. jetophile

Wait until April 30th comes, the day in 1945 that Hitler blew his brains out. lol

8. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Nuremberg is well worth a visit for anyone who is over in Europe. Tons of history outside the Nazis too - the reason Hitler chose it - and a great center. The Documentation Center is one of the best museums I've been too and the whole of the rally grounds is worth a day to look round. The stadium is now home to FC Nurnberg and the Zeppelin field, where Jeto's picture was shot and which was used for the rallies, is open to just wander in. The scope of Hitler and Speer's vision for the area was staggering and the size of the unfinished Conference Hall mind blowing. My favourite bit though was the massive 6 lane wide, granite topped roadway through the center of the area - with typical German pragmatism and abit of a fuck you to the whole statement the Nazis were trying to make it is now an overflow car park for the stadium and annual fair.

Brook! and jetophile like this.
  9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The lessons of World War II are being lost to the sands of time.

What made the USA great for 40+ years after the fact is that the GI's and their families resisted the kind of division and siloing that is common today. They saw a common good and they were willing to work for it and to pay for it.

Now, they're mostly gone and what we have in front of us now is a generation of leaders more interested in power than the common good. We have a generation of propagandists who want to divide and conquer, only their targets are the the common man not the common enemy.

God help us.

10. jetophile

They also didn't misuse, abuse, or overuse the words like, anyways, or lol.

We'll be trading in out of control spying and government overreach for more of the same under the guise of making life more "convenient", lol. But with more whining, the words like and anyways in speeches puncuated by lol. lol

And I only say lol 99% of the time as an inside joke to the people who know me because it's a long-standing pet peeve. But yeah, Hitler getting overrun on his birthday, there's something very funny about that, lol.

Btw, it's April 22nd. April 22nd,1945:

"Knock knock!"
    Hitler: "Who's there?"
    "The Russians!"

lol

Brook! and Br4d like this.
  11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

^^^
    I did nazi that coming

Brook! likes this.
  12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Still worse than Trump.

13. Br4d

Give Trump some time, he's still got some room to grow.

Cman68 and Brook! like this.
  14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Trump isn't even remotely as evil. He's just a transparently mendacious douchebag, and he has a disquieting appeal to bitter disaffected white men, who still wield enough influence to make him relevant, for now. He's gonna get his, and quite a bit of yours and mine, but he's not going to lead anyone into genocide.

15. Br4d

Sometimes things take on a momentum of their own and everything breaks down.

Populists who dog-whistle the way Trump does have a tendency to be forerunners of those kinds of events.

Look at the guy in the Philippines as an example. Blood all over his hands and he keeps whistling away.

16. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Back then we used to shoot nazi scum. Now we are supposed to tolerate them?

17. jetophile

OK, now I've head it all, Trump is a forerunner to genocide. Are you actually listening to yourself? Yeah, so he makes faces like Il Duce and of course there are a ton of people who would like to murder him, hang him upside down, and mutilate his body in the same fashion along with one of his mistresses - wait, scratch that, mistresses are championed, make that Melania - but understand that makes you almost as bad for skirting the edge of actually saying it. You're delusional. At least @Dierking said something cogent and fair. And I thought I was a kook. Well, I am and I wear it proudly pinned to my lapel, but there's kook and then there's kook.

Now Trump is also Duterte because Duterte is threatening Martial Law to control Coronavirus? lol Make up your mind lol Coronavirus lol You look here, we're all gonna get yelled now at and make Dad mad because this turned into politics about Trump when I was specifically talking about Hitler. If you want to talk genocide talk about the culture killing of ethnic groups all over China and I'm not even talking about the physical genocide of the Uighur Muslims. But, but, we did that to the Native Americans!

I'm perfectly happy to discuss Trump and modern day genocide in the Politics Forum, but for now . . . genocide . . . April 22, 1945 . . . Concentration Camp at Sachsenhausen liberated.

[​IMG]

lol

April 22nd, 1945 is also the day Hitler freaked out in the Fuherbunker, famously memorialized in the film 'Downfall'.

[​IMG]

Fuherbunker lol

Gonna be dead soon lol lol lol. What makes me hate Hitler even more after all of the carnage and moral disease he caused was because he was such a pussy in the end that he killed his own dog with cyanide to see what it was about first. Too painful (but apparently not too painful for his side psycho, Eva); so he shot himself instead. What a loss. Oh, and lol Hitler shot himself lol.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

So did he run to Argentina and live a nice life afterwards or did he really bite his own bullet?

19. jetophile

HAH, he's dead alright. Ever read 'The Boys From Brazil' by Ira Levin, though? Great book.

20. jetophile

I fell asleep for a week. Well, I actually did fall asleep for a week, but I'll get to that. April 29th, 1945 U.S. soldiers liberate Dachau:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fuck you, Hitler. lol

April 29th, 2003 I fell into a coma. I talked a lot of Word Salad when I woke up several days later. I'm a goddamn medical marvel and no-one can explain how or why I woke up at all let alone that fact that I'm alive. I'm sure I'm in a medical journal somewhere. Scenarios were: deaf, blind, a vegetable, severe cognizant deficits or a combination of all of those. I did not come out unscathed. I still talk a lot of Word Salad. lol

Brook! likes this.