Anyone wanna bet against this?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The_Darksider, Feb 23, 2024.

1. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Jets are all in and their clueless owner has allowed a situation to be created where the entire management team doesn't care what happens after 2024. They will do everything they can to win this year because they don't give a shit what happens afterwards. So even if it's not 24 and 25, you can bet multiple big picks will be going back for Davante Adams.

ouchy likes this.
  2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

My only concern is the Rodgers connection might make it more appealing than it should be. That trade would be a disaster.

We don't have a team built on youth. For example, the Lions have a promising young team and now have 64 million in cap space. That's what we should have built with the Zach pick, and what we should be building this season, if our owner wasn't so lost. People keep losing sight of how much staying all in on Rodgers is hurting our future.

With this announcement there are teams with well over 80 million in cap space. They will outbid us on any good FAs, and I'd expect Adams to end up in one of those places if he's traded. If we trade for him it would be a crowing achievement in stupidity.

3. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Agree, I'm not so positive they will actually make this trade, I'm just convinced that if they do, they won't hesitate to give up multiple picks. This is what happens when your management staff is inept and you give a playoffs mandate.

ouchy likes this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If Douglas trades two firsts for Adams, he'll go down as the worst GM in Jets history. But even I don't think he's crazy enough to do that.

Jets81, IIMeanDeanII, SOJAZ and 3 others like this.
  5. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Giving just one first-round pick for Adams would be insanity. But then, this front office was happy to give up a first-round pick for a 39-year-old quarterback so who the hell knows. Maybe we'd give them three.

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

So you’re saying there’s a chance?

BacktoQueens, ouchy and ukjetsfan like this.
  7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Oh I wouldn’t put it past Woody. He is dumb as a rock.

egbert souse, ouchy and NY Jets68 like this.
  8. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

They might as well go ahead and do it. Douglas needs to do something to put him over the top as the worst GM we've ever had. He's right on Idzik and Maccagnan's tail, but this absolutely asinine trade would certainly clinch it for him.

While he's at it, surely an extension for Zach Wilson is in order.

9. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Don't give him any ideas.

jets_fan likes this.
  10. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Don't fret. The same underlying layer of desperation fail that plagues the team/media/fanbase here is actually going to do us a universal favor. Since on that level at least the Raiders are just as pathetically caught up in grasping at any unrealistic narrative they can as long as it suggests the possibility of relevancy since making Vegas the new home/city.

Vegas is going to do exactly what I would expect the Jets franchise to do here when put in the same situation. They are going to read way too much into that extremely fluffy "we won 8 games last year!!!" total. They are going to bring in a clear game manager at this point in his career Russ at QB, and while focusing the marketing narrative exclusively on a suggested upside to be more/better that supposedly still exists there based on the fairly empty calorie 26 TDs he threw last year. They are going to more or less stand oblivious to the fact their roster and execution track record is a much more likely projection bet to finish in the cellar of that division then it is to win it. All while being about as optimistic on Pierce having a freaking clue on how to legitimately move things forward as we were on first year Saleh.

What they won't do there is see the fantastic opportunity value in dumping off now 31yo WR at a premium return while the chance is there. As long as NE sits on their pick and takes QB at 3 we should be safe here imo.

11. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Well, unless the pre-draft hype machine does an Anthony Richardson level job of pumping up McCarthy I guess. Who is sitting there at pick 10 and with the Raiders wanting to buy in.

That would suck lol

12. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

What makes you think Douglas will have any say in the matter?

Woody and Rodgers will make the decision, and Douglas will do whatever they tell him to do. He's just an errand boy.

NOTE: As I re-read this post, it may be a bit harsh. However, I stand by my contention that Douglas is not operating with a free hand in making trades or signing free agents.

#12 Since1969, Feb 25, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Stupidest move ever. Fuck the whole Davonte trade. Let’s get real. Another Pauline come from nowhere input

ColoradoContrails and abyzmul like this.
  14. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I want no part of DaVante Adams on this team...period. We KNOW it's going to take waaayyyy too much to bring him in and the Raiders aren't managed by a complete idiot anymore. Hasn't this team mortgaged enough of it's future already?

Losmeister and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I loved the story about how Aaron Rodgers felt a part time Edge rusher was just the ticket we needed last year. JD and Saleh really wanted to give help on OL and WR, but Rodgers stepped in and said “no, the peyote told me we need Edge rushers”.

16. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

Totally dumb...The other wr on raiders...will be available, and he's a good fit here..Renfro

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Absolutely do it, for several reasons: 1) Lazard will NEVER be a WR2. We NEED (Badly) a WR2 slash WR1b to play alongside Garrett. This addition to the offense, along with Rodgers and Breece, would make our offense almost unstoppable. 2) This would solve the WR problem, letting JoeD know he needs to bone up on Lineman during FA and later in the draft. 3) We already have too many 1st round picks to pay and will already be losing 1 or 2 in the coming years. So swapping Devonta for two more 1st round picks sounds about right.

18. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I kept hearing the Jets would be able to clear 70 Mill in cap space and that was before the new, much higher cap (by $30MM) was announced. So that implies the Jets will have $100MM in cap space.

19. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I don't think so unless the Jets get him cheaply. That's unlikely though.

20. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

This franchise is so f**ked, I don't even think Ted Lasso could fix it