Anyone here holding/buying GME?

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Jets81, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Really interesting to watch this all unfold. Seeing some wild predictions on where it could go from here. Looks like the momentum could continue today so it may move higher still.

The guy who kicked this all off is holding like 35 million in GameStop stock right now. Pretty sure he sold around 9 or 10 million at this point. Wild to think this guy was buying shares back when they were trading for .20c and there around $340 now.

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I missed out on GME but I am in on AMC and NOK.

FOMO was kicking in LOL

3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I’m picking up GME, BB, and NOK today. All play money, but this should be an interesting ride.

4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Amazing. Trades on all of these stocks were halted. Literally can not put an order in through Schwab.

5. Falco21

This is nuts right now. Holy shit.

Robinhood completely wiped them off their site.

6. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

And there is already a class action lawsuit in the works. What’s been happening today in incredibly fucked up. They keep driving the stock down then halting trading hoping that retail will panic sell, while also preventing retail from buying due to numerous brokers blocking purchases. Fortunately mine did not.

7. Falco21

Yup!

Cashapp is allowing you to purchase AMC right now. I think I am going to jump in and buy right now hoping it explodes once they allow the trading again. Just worried it goes into investigation and they halt trading for 30 days

8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I went with NOK because its way cheaper, but AMC might not be a bad bet. Feels more like the game stop situation but it doesn’t have the clout that GameStop has right now. I think once GME plays itself out I’ll drop some $$ into AMC and see where it goes.

9. Falco21

I have 600 shares in NOK right now. I bought in yesterday. I'm hoping that sees a surge

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Hold the line!

I am in with GME...

What is happening here with the wall street is corruption and proves the system is rigged.

Take the highly shorted GME to the moon, I will not sell because of the market Manipulation and the greedy assholes like Robin Hood, Citadel, Melvin Capital, and a bunch of other hedge funds and brokerage services sleeping with each other.

They are stopping us retail investors, the public to freely trade because WSB caught them with their pants down.

Again, my personal opinion and I am HOLDING!

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

From what I gather the levels shorted on GME are off the charts, over 140%.

This is criminal, so I am focused on GME and hoping we destroy these firms

12. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

If nothing more it shows how screwed up this systems is. Government employees get a heads up on Covid19 and sell there stock before the crash and face no ramifications. Retail catches a hedge fund doing something that should be illegal anyway and makes them pay only to have brokers and the media crying foul and colluding to keep the price down. It’s disgusting and infuriating. People from just about every brokerage should see jail time for this due to halting trading on this and the other meme stocks.

Holding anyway. Nothing in there that I can afford to lose.

13. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

The new owner of the Mets is neck deep in what happened today with the stocks being pulled.

He really does belong in prison next to Madoff...

14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Ha. Agreed. Confirmation bias from Yankee fans.

where you been?

15. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Jets81 likes this.
  16. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

Two days ago I could have purchased GME shares at $150 per share but decided not to because I am a vagina. Later that night I decided to give my nuts a tug and purchase at $210 per share only to find out my order had been cancelled by the time the market opened up in the morning due to a significant change in the share price. Ok, understandable, at least I tried is what I told myself. Since then I've watched the GME soar to as high as $475 this morning which was a tough pill to swallow because I knew it wouldn't get much higher and I would have more than likely sold and cashed out at that point prior to the anticipated bullshit regulatory/Robinhood step-in. So unfortunately I missed the boat on GME due to some factors beyond my control.

I guess the good thing is I was able to purchase some BB and AMC shares and plan to HOLD onto them until all this bullshit blows over and people can actually start buying shares again and hope that the r/wallstreetbets bros do the same thing with BB and AMC that they did with GME.

It's gonna be an interesting next few days and weeks.

stinkyB, FJF and mute like this.
  17. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

It certainly is going to be interesting. I wont buy at $475. We may have already seen GME’s all time high, we just don’t know it yet. Many of the bros seem to think 1k+ is inevitable. Maybe so, but I’d imagine a lot of people have 1k set a there limit and it would spark a mass sell off.

Interesting that Blackrock owns about 13% of GME shares at this point. That’s a sizable chunk and I can’t imagine Blackrock is fucking around with this. They recently sold about 18% of their GME holdings but that may have been to recoup their initial investment. I’m guessing they see the potential for greater gains unless its a faint to make investors feel comfortable buying in at higher prices.

Who knows?

It makes Bitcoin seem like Mr. Toads Wild Ride by comparison.

18. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i may try some puts at 500.

19. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

That is very interesting, thank you for sharing that. I guess what it comes down to, and I know it sounds silly, but to know when to hold, and know when you can be at peace with walking away (selling) without regrets. Hindsight will always be 20/20 and FOMO is a real thing that can be difficult to not get swept up in. And don't even get me fucking started with Bitcoin lol.....it's the most bi-polar volatile shit I've ever seen in my life. Beginning of the week it can be at 28k and then three days later its at 36k out of nowhere. I've learned when it comes to Bitcoin it's best to hold on tight and ride the wave, but I am praying to the crypto gods that it surpasses 40k and remains at least at that level forever. Time will tell

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Robinhood had to suspend buy orders because they didn't have enough cash on hand to meet their deposit requirements given Gamestop's volatility. They could have also suspended sell orders, but then if the price dropped anyway due to a lack of liquidity, users would complain that Robinhood had trapped them in a falling position. The narrative that Robinhood suspended buy orders to protect hedge funds is compelling, but it isn't true. Also at this point, there are other hedge funds that have piled in on the long side, and if the short squeeze happens, they'll make sure to be the first ones out while tricking retail into staying in too long. So by holding the line, you could make good money if you time it right, but you aren't contributing to a good cause.

Poeman and Amaru like this.