Anyone else think Sanchez will come out next week as a new player?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NFL, Dec 3, 2012.

1. NFL

NFL Active Member

I think that he'll get the start next week, and I honestly think that he's going to come out swinging. This benching might have taken him by surprise and I think he might come out and impress.

Just a thought, in my opinion Greg didn't impress me much. Of course there wasn't much.that he could have done to impress other than give some crisp handoffs. He did draw some penalties which I did like but they didn't give him the opportunity to impress.

If Sanchez does come out next week and gives another Sanchez performance than I'm all in for McElroy coming in, but please, no Tebow.

#1 NFL, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  2. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

He did set us up for 14 points...

3. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

no... i think he might come out fired up, but that still doesnt change the fact that he isnt a good player, isnt accurate, and makes horrible decisions. with mark i dont think its a problem with hard work or motivation. he simply isnt a good player.

so a benching wont help him, because focus isnt an issue.

4. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

The only thing Sanchez needs to do is wear a baseball cap.

5. NFL

NFL Active Member

Knew someone would write that, but do you really think that McElroy is going to get the start after throwing for 29 yards?

6. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

he won't be a new player. he will return to form

7. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Except for blind faith, I'm not seeing how anybody can really believe Sanchez comes back any better this season. He's been stinking it up since the ending of last season & has gone through 2 different OC in that time period. Sanchez needs more than a little tweaking.

If Sanchez turns it around, I'm seeing it happen next season training camp. An entire offseason to fix all his mental failures & an entire offseason where he's training to actually earn the starting QB job.

8. NFL

NFL Active Member

I agree he is a hardworker from what I've heard, but I think that he's lost the passion to play football, that's why I say that the benching might bring him back.

9. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Fucking shit, the guy didn't throw for 29 yards for four quarters. He came in the middle of the third quarter and elevated the people around him. We scored. We probably would have scored twice. Hell, I would have given us another 7 if there wasn't a JAG to fumble the ball.

I think he's going to get a start because he won the game. I think he's going to get the start because he won't throw an INT as his first play of the game. I think he's going to get a start because it will save Rex's job.

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If Greg gets the nod, and he might, then Rex is cutting all ties with Sanchez. Can't tell for sure if Rex is emotionally ready to do this, but a little voice in my head says Rex will.

Tanny looking over the contracts on his desk may remind Rex that Sanchez will be his QB next season.

11. NFL

NFL Active Member

I completely agree. But I still think that Sanchez will be starting for the end of the season, unless he comes out next week and shits the bed. I shouldn't have wrote it like I did, I should of wrote that I think that he will turn it around but just enough to win the games, nothing spectacular maybe less turnovers.

12. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

He'll throw the ball so hard he'll probably break some cornerback's finger.

13. NFL

NFL Active Member

He threw for 29 yards in a quarter and a little more. We did have possession a lot because the Cardinals were what? 0-15 in third Downs? I don't care who starts for the Jets, as long as its not Tebow I'm happy. All I'm saying is that he didn't do much to impress and I'm not saying that it's because he couldn't, I'm saying that its because they didn't give him a shot.

IMO Sanchez starts for the rest of the season as long as he doesn't shit the bed, come the offseason, there will be a battle for the starter

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Here's the prob with bringing Mark back against the Jags. It means nothing. Marks' already destroyed the dregs of the NFL only to fold like a cheap suit against the better teams.

Mark beating the likes of the 2-10 Jags will do NOTHING to figure this mess out.

Maybe the McElroy/Tebow combo will finally work?

15. NFL

NFL Active Member

All I hope for is no Tebow.

16. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

I believe he does need to finish out the season. With that being said, next year needs to be an open battle for the QB job in training camp.

17. He simply can't protect the football. I'm sorry..he just can't. In a warm weather setting in a pass first offense w/ capable weapons..he'd likely be productive. But he is w/ a northeast running football team that wins w/ defense first. He simply cannot avoid turnovers & as a result is a major liability when it comes to winning games for this team.

18. NFL

NFL Active Member

COMPLETELY agree. Maybe bring in a FA or draft a late round QB to also compete for the job.

19. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

there is definitely potential that this lights a fire under his ass and he gets his shit together. i dont think the front office is done with sanchez quite yet, though they are beginning to explore other options at qb.

20. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

I've been a big supporter of Sanchez but he's turned into a turnover machine. We have seen it for four years. I know he doesn't have great skill people bur neither does Tannyhill and they them look much better on offense.