Anyone else still sick?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Jan 25, 2011.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

we're so close....

I wasn't as optimistic in years past.....but under this regime (incl. your buddy Schotty), I think we'll eventually get over that hump. I'm actually feeling pretty good about this coming offseason (provided there's no lockup to screw things up).

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I feel good too but it's so hard to get to the point we were just at, one bad injury, one bad call, one bad game and you are out. I'm optimistic but I'm getting impatient.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

well..we had that one bad injury this year....Jenks. A healthy Jenks might've been enough to get us to the Super Bowl, junc.....maybe even homefield advantage.

Our lack of a pass rush held us back this season.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

We can't count on him, he was out last year too. We definitely need an upgrade to the pass rush.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

agreed.

I was hoping the NT position would've been addressed last offseason....it wasn't...Jenks went down....and the rest is history.

Pouha is a great player...but I'd much rather see him utilized in a rotation.

I expect Tanny to be quite active in FA/Draft when it comes to the DL.....because you're right, we need to get younger and better.

6. bassman

bassman Member

Yeah. I'm still sick. I wont watch the steelers and pack game. Feels as bad as 83 in the loss to the Fins and worse then the loss to the Browns in '87. Even the loss to Denver did not feel this bad. I thought for sure once we passed the Pats, we'd make it to Dallas. Oh well.

I'm fully on with Rex now. Now no matter what he says, I'm in his corner and I expect the Jets to fly high in the sky with a first round bye. I just cant wait for the Mets to wash this god awful taste from my mouth with their own flavor of disappointment.

7. psychosid

psychosid Banned

sooo Close...So Close

8. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

still not sick.

9. IATA

IATA Trolls

I'm on anti-biodics now. Fortunetly, it has nothing to do with this game.

10. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

You think after you get to 10 posts or whatever number it is you are trying to reach you will make a post that contains a thought... and maybe more than one sentence?

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I doubt he cares, he just wants to see links.

12. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Well if he never posts again that will be fine too. I just happen to have stumbled upon each one of his spam posts so far.

13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

indeed ...

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

so fucking close...This was the year guys...Fuck what a way to just fall flat to the steelers.

They were banged up and we had so many more weapons to use on them. We did not make the plays early on and when we came back we just could not stop one of the worst quarterbacking performances ever.

fuck this shit...Im going to be sick till next season begins. Getting to back-to-back AFC championship games is hard...what? 3 times is going happen all of a sudden? I wish we had fuckind showed up like we did against the patriots. That loss stings more then most Ive experienced

15. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Every once in a while I just have an urge to PUNCH A FREAKING WALL!!!!@#*$#*$*!

Seriously... WTF!!!!! Steelers missing their Center and they cram it down our throat??

REALLY???

DID THAT F'N HAPPEN??????

16. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

+1 to this.. After last season, even though we "snuck" into the playoffs and had a "miracle, or fluke" run, last season into this season was the first time I can honestly say, without thinking with my heart, that we had a good chance this season.

I was a little too young in 99 to think that about the next season, and when Vinny got hurt, it fucked us. But this season, going into next, I still have the feeling I have from last season into this season, maybe (depending on the lockout and all that shit) we can do something magical.

Now with all the free agents leaving and stuff, it might be a little hard to assess what will happen now, but I'm hopeful again.. One last time J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS BABY!

17. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

18. Oasis

Oasis Member

last night i had a dream i was watching the Jets play the Steelers.

The Jets were down by 5 points. They got the ball back with about a minute left. First play- Sanchez throws 10 yards to LT right sideline, he breaks a tackle and runs the ball down the middle of the field to the Steelers red zone. 2 Plays later Sanchez throws a TD as time expires.

My second dream about the Jets getting to the super bowl since that loss

19. Christian

Christian Active Member

Not quite as sick as I thought I would be.

While disapointing, this season wasn't a total failure. Sanchez took huge steps toward becoming a great quarterback and the Jets proved that least season wasn't a fluke when we made the AFCCG, aside from a superbowl victory what more could you ask for?

20. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Just beginning to speak about football again. Still really don't want to talk specifics about the Jets. For a week, I could not even log onto this board.