Any one else getting Sick of Favre?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Royal Tee, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Makes all the reporter s fly down for a big announcement and says Nothing!!

He decided ........................
    he was still thinking about it ! :eek:hmy:

Either stay or go, we don't give a shit anymore.
    Yeah, you were once the heart of the NFL , a football players QB. Now, You're looking like a Punk!

Sure he has the right to decide his own future, of course but this isn't about that.

He just looks like an ass right now.....

Gratuitous Link

2. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

Not targeted at you, but I've made this arguement 1000 times already. Just think it might fit here some way.

----------------------------------

Maybe you didn't witness what Farve has done for the franchise. Maybe you don't see that he had nothing to work with last season. He is still a top 10 QB, easy. And it's not like he's holding them back!

HOW is he holding them back? It's not like their not sure on drafting a QB to replace him or not at the end of the month, they already have Rodgers. It's not like he's affecting the draft. He isn't doing anything, imo, to hurt this franchise accept making them wait and grow balls. You can bet your bottom dollar that is they came out and said "Truth is we aren't going to be competitive next year Farve, we won't make the playoffs. We are going to rebuild and need a couple more good drafts. Wanna stick around and help out?" Farve will say "Sorry to here it. I'm retiring".
    It's that simple! But if they keep spitting out the standard "We believe we can really compete next year" line they are trying to save face. A face Farve gave them!

And, I don't know, maybe it's your generation's lack of respect. But you do NOT cut a guy like Farve. You just don't do it out of respect. Though coaches love saying "no player is bigger then the team" they know there are exceptions to that rule. Brett Farve will be bigger than w/e the 2006 Packers do. Or what ever the 2007 or 2008 Pack do. He is that team. And he is the guy that not only makes the Packers what they are, but he makes Football what it is. It's players like him and Rice, Elway, Marino, Allen, Sweetness, Sanders (Barry and Deon), LT (the original one), etc etc etc, that MAKE football what it is.

There is a new SB champ every year. There is a new MVP every year. There is a new star rookie every year. There is almost a new everything, every year. But how often does a Farve come along? I'll tell you one thing it is NOT every year. And when he does come you treat him the way he is suppose to be treated.

3. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

I'm sick of it. Shit or get off the pot.

Also, ESPN ran a poll about this and every state outside of wisconsin voted that he should retire. I think it is because most of the people outside of Wisconsin don't give a fuck about the Green Bay Packers and are sick of hearing about them and Favre on sportscenter every week.

4. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

He's just enjoying the attention while he can. He is very close to becoming a "once was" player who will fade from the spotlight.

Be patient haters. :)

5. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

I wish he would just make a friggin' descision. Its getting kind of lame. The fudge pack's hands are tied on what to do. Clearly if he is waiting this long his heart is not in it and he should retire. I would not want QB, even if it is Farve (whom I love), who needs to this long to ponder his decision. The Pack has little chance of making it to the playoffs. So, why would he come back (other than $10 mil)?

6. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

TOP 10 QB in the league? AHHHHH HAHAHA

7. nestor78

nestor78 New Member

Yeah- that morning "breaking news" was totally weak, slightly off topic, if he does retire, any chance they want to move up to #4 to be sure they get Young. The Browns gave up a 2nd rounder to move up one spot with the Lions (8 to 7 maybe) to get Kellen Winslow, while Det. got Roy Williams and Kev. Jones with the Cle. pick. I don't know much about Aaron Rodgers or what the Pack think of him, just a thought.

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

cue the violins. that is the most assinine, sappy bag of lama crap ever thrown. watching a season too many Favre throw bad pass after bad pass or a hobbling Jerry Rice drop passes or unable to beat a girl on a tricycle off the line in Seattle is hardly what makes football what it is. those two in their prime, sure, but Favre is hardly in his prime. Favre's abilities now are what make retirement what it is...a pleasant destination and a relief, for both the athlete and the fans, so we don't have to watch those guys who were once unstoppable but don't know what the rest of us know, that they aren't anymore.

9. Hazardous Waters

I have never liked the guy. I tend to like the athlets that suck

10. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

So he had a bad year, one that anyone that knows about football can tell you wasn't his fault. With no weapons, his line gone, and the defense looking like on of Clintons mistresses, he carried that team as much as he could.

Name ten QB you would take over Farve? The guy is going down hill, sure. Is what he puts out now as good as it was before? Ofcourse not, but his "crap" is still better than a lot of QBs best.

Some guys go a too long, and maybe he should retire. But his holding on is being blown way out of porportion. He's not doing a Rice, a Emmit, or even a Montana. Not even a Vinny. He still can do it, and he wants to win and have fun. Not expand a record or anything like that- win and have fun. What every team should have as their top priorities. He only wants to be sure that the Packers have the same priorities in mind.

11. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The 49ers were a dynasty under Montana and they threw his ass out the door when they felt he was done. Favre hasn't done squat for 5 years. He's lucky the Packers haven't cut his sorry ass. He's acting like he's going through menopause. Maybe when he's hot flashes stop he can decide if he wants to suit up or get out.

12. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

Well at least he's gonna retire with the Packers, he retains some dignity by doing that.

13. IneedJesus

IneedJesus New Member

My most hated player in the NFL hands down.

He makes terrible decisions and in the past four years he has been terrible in the clutch. He relies on his arm way to much and makes costly turnovers at the worst times. Forces way to many throws.

Not to mention the medias love fest for him. I dont understand it one bit. If someone makes BAD plays game after game and no ones calls him out on it and the "experts" dont even say he made a mistake its pathetic.

I can only dream the day he retires. It will be so swwweeeeettt!!!! Not to mention over here in MN all the Farve Packer fans will just disappear and will never be heard from again.

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Peyton Manning
    Tom Brady
    Ben Rothlisberger
    Donovan McNabb
    Carson Palmer
    Matt Hasselbeck
    Jake Plummer
    Byron Leftwich
    Michael Vick
    Matt Leinart (he counts)

if Leinart doesn't count, I only have 9. but if you argument hinges on the fact that I believe Favre is still better than Kyle Boller, you have a pretty weak argument.

15. jdjets

jdjets New Member

Sick and tired of his crap. He stinks anyway. The glory days are over. He's a friggin interception machine now.

16. Royal Tee

A few other considerations
    -McNair is just as tough as Favre
    -Trent Green's #'s have been solid
    -Brunell had a Better year than Favre

Either way as of right now, there are more than 10 :beer:

17. Sect120

Sect120 Member

I would add Eli into the mix. Especially if you have Leinart

18. jets4life2880

jets4life2880 New Member

favre

personnally, i hope that favre returns for one sole reason.... so lavar arrington will sign with them!!! and if lavar arrington is not on the dolphins, im a happy man!:jets:

19. McNazTee

McNazTee New Member

top 10? not anymore and yes, looks like an a$$

20. Royal Tee

Way to ruin it! :rolleyes:

Eli is all hype and Promise right now.
    The only thing he's established is that he's a draft day bitch.

Which leads us to believe that he will be like his brother, a Crybaby of the NFL!!!
    BTW, You are 1/2 right . I wouldn't have Leinart on there either.