Another WR Prospect

Discussion in 'Draft' started by casman02, Dec 4, 2011.

1. casman02

casman02 New Member

Tommy Streeter is going to enter the NFL Draft and looks like a mid to late round prospect. I have read reports that he is between 6-3 and 6-5, weighs 215 and runs around a 4.5.

I do not know much else about him, just throwing his name out there so any additional information will be useful.

2. casman02

casman02 New Member

Just read this, which makes him a little more intriguing

NFLDraftInsider Jared
    If the the Tommy Streeter rumors are true. At 6'5 217 lbs and running a 4.36 40 yard dash. He has a ton of upside to move up the board.

3. wildaces

wildaces Banned

4. casman02

casman02 New Member

I don't know about that. Every thing I have read puts him in the 4.36-4.46 range. From what I read, his two biggest issues are he is not that great of a route runner and he occassionally lets the ball get to his body. Other than he does have the size and speed one looks for. At the very least he can stretch the field on a few go routes. He looks like a 3rd rounder now, though I would still like a few Miami fans opinion on the guy.

5. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Streeter was part of that Northwestern HS recruiting class that won the FL State Championship in 2008 (Sean Spence, Jacory Harris, ect)

He had a lot of potential but redshirted his Freshman year because of a pretty bad injury. He torn multiple ligaments in his wrist and had a bone displaced.

He's fast and tall but has major flaws in his game. 2 major concerns I see when I watch him (and I watch every Canes game every year): 1. He continuously catches the ball with his body and not his hands. 2. He is lazy in his route running.

However, I think he is a good prospect. He definitely has the size and talent to play at the next level, but he will need to develop his skills and improve his work ethic. He was below guys like Thomas, Benjamin, Byrd and Hankerson last year on the depth chart and wasn't happy about his playing time.

It will be interesting to see where he is selected because of the WR depth in this draft. Maybe late second. My bet is somebody falls in love with his size and speed. I think he would've benefited greatly from another year at Miami.

6. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Good potential but the jury's out on his work ethic etc.

7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Reading Walter's football's lateest mock? They have him to us in the third.

He's a one year wonder and only decent production at that. Anything above third is silly and mid rounds is more likely.

8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Those are two huge black marks if pro scouts agree with ya Lon.

9. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Trust me. This guy has all the physical tools you look for in a WR. But he's been getting by solely on his natural abilitites. His actual receiving skills need lots of refining.

He had big games against Bethune-Cookman and Virginia. I think he had 2 TDs in each of those games which would account for 1/2 his season total.

He has the frame to add about 10-15 more pounds, which he will need to do. He reminds me of James Hardy out of Indiana, and that didn't end up so well for the Bills.

10. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

James Hardy and Limas Sweed. Two big fast guys that were lazy and had poor hands. Catching the ball in your body is a huge no-no for an NFL receiver. Look at our two guys in Plax and Holmes. Both catch the ball out and away. The "first window" as they call it, Extending out and all hands. Its why they are so damn good and the prototype for what we need to add.

That pic you hvae of him is just funny, the ball is about to hit him and his eyes appear to not be on it at all.

11. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

It looks like his catching the ball with his body, not his hands.

12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Yep, exactly what you don't want to see.

13. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Bucky Brooks talks about thios guy in his latest round-up of WRs/TEs: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...wrtes-osus-blackmon-headlines-explosive-group

10. Tommy Streeter*, Miami, WR, (6-5, 215): Streeter might be a surprising inclusion on this list, but a close look at his game reveals a big, athletic playmaker with speed to burn. He excels at blowing past defenders on vertical routes and is also a crafty route over the middle. His size and athleticism makes an ideal target as a potential No. 1 receiver. He needs to display better consistency with his hands.