Another 1st timer!

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Munter, Jul 26, 2022.

1. Munter

Munter Member

Looks like JetsUK beat me to the all important questions! Thanks for that.

Super excited to be coming over the pond for the Patriots game on Oct 30th. I was going to join the U.K. Supporters Club trip, but I had promised the wife a romantic long weekend in NY before COVID and we just got a bunch of airline compensation so why not kill two birds with the same stone?!

Got a good feeling we’ll see a competitive team this year - hell it’s about time - but if not I’m sure it will be a great time all the same!

Brook! likes this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! 2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Glad to hear you are crossing over the pond. If you still have any questions left, feel free to ask. And enjoy your trip my friend. What part of UK are you from? Are you a Galatasaray hater or a neutral British to my beloved soccer team? :)

3. Munter

Munter Member

Hey @Brook thanks for the reply. I have a few questions, but first as an Englishman living on the East Coast of Scotland I can hand on heart say I have no affiliations with Turkish football! I have two teams: Raith Rovers (local) and Manchester United (my cousin used to play for them). I did see Utd play Galatasaray in CL a few years back. Think we won 1:0 from memory. Sorry!

So those questions…

- best plan for tailgating. Nothing crazy as will be with the wife. Would be good to soak up some atmosphere and a few beers before the game though. Are the paid “experiences” worthwhile?

- best spots for a great NY breakfast? We are staying mid-town but happy to travel for great food

- apart from the Jets what would you recommended for a great evening out with the lady? We like most types of bars/music (not keen on musicals!) and prefer local places rather than the tourist hotspots.

Here’s hoping we can turn the Patriots over and make a great weekend even better.

cheers

Brook! likes this.
  4. Brook!

Brook! 2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Aha. I liked United during Ferguson days. Glad we are cool in terms of Galatasaray. :)

Answers to your questions. I want to think on them a little and respond when I have more time in my hands. Came from USA to Istanbul 2 days, flying to Iraq tomorrow night, coming back to Istanbul next Wednesday and flying to Dublin with wife and kids on August 14th. Returning back to USA August 22nd. I will give you some recommendations for above questions. But for tailgate, don't bother with paid tailgates. Jets brotherhood is for real at the parking lot. Just approach any tailgate, say hi and tell them you are from UK and you will have free food and beer and will make great friends.

But good thing is, I have my own tailgate at Lot D and @GreenFan15J has also a great tailgate at Lot J. We will one way or another take care of you. Hope you guys go home with a victory.

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I'm thinking you're looking for a hotel dining room or something equally refined but for most of us a true New York breakfast is a "Bacon, egg and cheese on a roll, to go" from any neighborhood deli or bodega - ketchup is optional.

If you're still in town on November third the Marshall Tucker Band is at the Beacon Theatre, a great place to see a show. The week prior the Beacon has Joe Satriani on the 27th and Ray LaMontagne on the 28th and 29th.

And the day after the game is Halloween so bars will be a bit more active the entire weekend.

6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

7. Munter

Munter Member

thanks for the replies and safe travels Brook. Looking forward to the whole Jets experience!

appreciate the recommendations Sarabeths looks very good, but we’ll also be doing the greasy spoon breakfast options too!

Will be flying back the Monday after the game but will have time before and during the weekend for some music and tourist stuff.