ANDROID TV BOXES

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by nycarl, Aug 5, 2017.

1. nycarl

nycarl Active Member

TV streaming boxes have gotten better, cheaper and more reliable over the years. As the football season approaches I'd like to find a dependable way to watch games here in Dallas without paying 300 bucks or sitting in a bar alone on Sundays eating and drinking myself into a coma. I know two people who use 100% legal internet streaming boxes now. One recently gave up his cable service and is perfectly satisfied streaming while the other says picture quality isn't as good as his 1080p cable on some movies. Any folks here using any of the newer boxes with Kodi programming installed? They seem to offer everything I could possibly want with wi-fi and a good interface built in. Any advice? Here's one I'm thinking of.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OCTACORE-Tv...296854?hash=item3d3ceeef56:g:I8QAAOSw42dZMHB1

2. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I cut the cable about a year ago, well almost

All I have are the basic channels - 2 thru 11. Enough for live games, minus MNF.

Everything else I get through Kodi. You can get live games too, but those are glitchy. Typically, I would wait 24 hours after a show aired and watch it next day.

My brothe4 is a programmer, he installed it for me so I can't really tell you how. From what I understood, there are good directions online. Buy $40 Amazon fire stick, spend a couple of hours reading and you should be able to install.

It's worth it. Our biggest worry was that kids will complain, but it's proven to be ok. Between Kodi, YouTube and Netflix we have more shows than we can watch.
    Good luck

nycarl likes this.
  3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I had the IT guy at work Kodi a firestick for me, and when 123 movies died it was easy to find directions online and add Covenant to replace it.

Great for movies and TV, hit or miss with sports. Still better than cable. I log into NBCSN and ESPN on the Apple TV with family accounts.

nycarl likes this.
  4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

http://troypoint.com/how-to-install-kodi-on-fire-tv/

Carl, I used this link to do it with a Firestick that I already had. It wasn't too bad and I was looking around on there without too much difficulty before long. I didn't really like it all that much for sports, but there was plenty of movies and TV shows to watch. I just didn't like searching around that much either. But it wasn't bad.

You'll find everything you need to know on here also. I never had to pay anything but for a geek you could really go to town with it with this site. You can get updates for free also. There's also info on youtube and several guides there.

http://troypoint.com/how-to-install-kodi-on-fire-tv/

#4 Walt White, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    nycarl likes this.