And another nice guy--Kareem Hunt

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Rollo Tomassi, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

When does this stuff end? And another less important point, how did the NFL not get this video?

http://www.tmz.com/2018/11/30/kc-chiefs-kareem-hunt-attacked-kicked-woman-surveillance-video/

TMZ Sports has obtained video of Kansas City Chiefs star running back Kareem Huntshoving, bull-rushing and kicking a woman in a Cleveland hotel back in February.

Kareem has not missed a single game this season despite the incident happening MONTHS before the 2018 NFL season kicked off ... and team CEO Clark Hunt publicly stated in August he doubted Hunt would be suspended.

In the video, Hunt is seen arguing with a 19-year-old woman outside of his room at The Metropolitan at the 9 at 3:22 AM on February 10, 2018.

Hunt turns a corner and confronts the woman, shoving her hard. The woman strikes him back in the face ... and that's when Hunt goes berserk.

As friends try to hold him back, the 2017 Pro Bowler -- who led the league in rushing yards -- explodes and knocks one of his friends into the woman ... who both go flying into a wall.

Both Kareem's male friend and the woman appear dazed -- but Kareem makes his way over to the female and kicks her while she's crouching on the ground ... knocking her over.

Police were called to the scene but no arrests were made. According to police reports, obtained by TMZ Sports, surveillance video from the hotel was obtained by law enforcement. We're told that video is part of the evidence that was submitted to prosecutors.

Still, cops did not arrest Hunt and no charges were filed because officers say they were unable to determine if a crime had been committed.

At the time of the incident, the woman told police the whole thing started because Kareem kicked her out of his room after she refused to hook up with one of the men in Kareem's entourage.

Kareem's friends told cops the woman had gone crazy when asked to leave and called Kareem the n-word ... and then struck one of Kareem's female friends once things turned physical.

Unclear why the NFL has not taken any action against Hunt. We reached out to the league to find out if they pursued the video. We also reached out to cops to find out if the NFL contacted them about the footage as well.

The whole incident is reminiscent of the Ray Rice scandal when the NFL star knocked outhis then-fiancee in a hotel elevator in Feb. 2014.

The NFL suspended him indefinitely -- but only after TMZ Sports published the brutal knockout video from inside the elevator ... video the NFL claimed they had not seen until our story.

After the incident, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell acknowledged failures in the NFL's investigative process and said they would overhaul their protocol.

Since then, the NFL claims it has tried to be tougher on players accused of attacking women -- most famously, the league suspended Ezekiel Elliott for 6 games in 2017 stemming from allegations he got physical with an ex-girlfriend in 2016.

We reached out to the NFL for comment -- so far, no word back.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Eh - its not as bad as the ray rice thing. The way that article is written it sounds worse than it actually is.

He pushed the dude hard but the dude fell into the girl. she could've walked away and avoided it before that happened and she wouldn't have even been there to be knocked down. I mean she was the one out of place to begin with, she wasn't even a guest in the hotel. The kick from Hunt is bad, yeah, but its a pretty weak kick if we being honest, he held back a lot. Still not good. Maybe he should be punished for the kick, I guess, but its nothing like Ray Rice's video was.

3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

is it bad = yes but its no where near not even remotely close to Ray Rice. I am very curious why the woman in this video never pressed charges last winter ? if I read it correctly Police report says she was un cooperative

5. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

There is no excuse.

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

So I don't know if there's any sound there, but basically it looks to me like he blasted some guy who knocked into that woman and sent her into the wall.

And then he kicked her. Kinda gently.

Because sometimes you justs gots to kick a ho to show who's boss.

two games, max.

JetBlue likes this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

You didn't know?..Kareem Hunt is Clark Hunts illigitimate son

8. TonyFtLaud

Anyone else notice him tell his boy something and his boy steals the other girls cell phone?

9. TonyFtLaud

He's now on the commisiners exemp list.

10. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Kareem Hunt has now been RELEASED. Per Schefter.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

sign this beast!

too soon?

12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Did not see this coming. I don't see us signing him for better or for worse, but would love to get him.

#12 CotcheryFan, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  13. TonyFtLaud

KCs statement on Hunts release

“Earlier this year, we were made aware of an incident involving running back Kareem Hunt. At that time, the National Football League and law enforcement initiated investigations into the issue. As part of our internal discussions with Kareem, several members of our management team spoke directly to him. Kareem was not truthful in those discussions. The video released today confirms that fact. We are releasing Kareem immediately.”

14. TonyFtLaud

You know the "Jets must sign Hunt thread is coming"

But he is a punnishing runner

FJF and Since1969 like this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Oh my God, cut????

Our Jets would have the strong waiver order right? Sign this beast

16. statjeff22

Holy crap, I don't think anyone in the world saw this coming.

17. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

This is really a shocker, but since NFL teams act out of self-interest, not moral principle, you have to wonder if something else was going on with this guy. Yeah, Jet fans are going to say sign this guy, but if the team that knows him best cut ties with him so quickly, it certainly makes you wonder, doesn't it?

18. TonyFtLaud

We would be third, same as our current draft position.

19. statjeff22

Considering the universal criticism Washington has gotten for claiming Foster, will any team have the balls to sign him? He obviously won't play again this year, but has two more years on his contract at less than $1 million per year. And was he put on waivers, or outright released? If it's the latter doesn't that mean that he can sign with anyone? (Again, I'm sure he won't play this year for anyone, I'm wondering how teams would view the possibility for 2019.)

20. TonyFtLaud

It will be interesting to see how Spencer Ware plays in Hunts place, I believe he is a FA next season.