amucks draft.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by amuck57, Apr 22, 2022.

1. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

# 4 ikem ekwonu OT
    # 10 jermaine johnson DE
    # 35 george pickens WR, would have taken christian watson but he was gone.
    # 38 lewis cine S
    # 69 brice hall RB
    #111 dohnovan west C
    #117 john ridgeway DL
    #146 khalil shakir WR
    #163 jermaine waller CB

would like to know if you guys think the players i selected will be available in the round i took them.

2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I like it!

I have questions on whether or not Pickens and/or Cine would be there at 35/38 but if they are, this would be a great draft!

Breece Hall and MC would be a great 1/2 punch at RB and Shakir as a WR5 would be great!

boozer32 and Noam like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'd take Dotson or Pierce over Pickens I think, but overall great darft!

boozer32 and Noam like this.
  4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If Cine is there at 35 you would want to take him before Pickens, now way he drops to 38.

5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Nice draft Hall is moving up in the draft. He might go in the back end of the 1st. I like West he is a little light for a center but he can be groomed for a guard. Like the Pickens and Cine picks alot.

westiedog1 likes this.
  6. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

The top RB isn’t going to be available in RD 3. Everything else seems plausible.

westiedog1 and MaximusD163 like this.
  7. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Agreed

8. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I’m looking forward to seeing if the Jets see S as a need. I’d been mocking Brisker until I started rewatching the last games and was impressed with Pinnock. With Joyner being a vet who’s produced in the past and Pinnock potentially being the future, we might be good with S.

I’m also curious to see if the Jets take a top RB in the 2nd. I think I remember hearing last year the Etienne was in serious consideration for 23 last year. Some people think a 2nd rd RB would be more useful than a 2nd rd WR on a running team.

joelip and themorey like this.
  9. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I agree with the Pinnock assessment at S. I thought he did pretty well for someone thrown into the role. I'd like to see what he can do with more practice/off season at S.

KingRoach and joelip like this.
  10. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

Excellent points about the safeties.

As I look at them, I see a highly competent, 25-year-old strong safety in Whitehead, who's only going to get better.

There is no proven backup at strong safety, but I thought both Riley and Parks last year showed some ability at backup strong safety. In case I was seeing things, I looked up PFF grades on them, and both Riley and Parks showed decent safety performance in limited snaps. Riley was given a 58.1 overall grade and 69.9 run defense grade. Parks was given a 78.7 overall grade, a 72.8 run defense grade, and a 76.9 coverage grade.

At free safety, I see a veteran starter in Joyner who played poorly at slot corner in the last couple of years before coming to the Jets and getting hurt last summer. However, Joyner showed he could be an excellent safety before he was disastrously moved out of position (e.g., PFF 2018 safety grades included a 74.9 overall grade, a 75.0 run defense grade and a 71.2 coverage grade). Yes, Joyner is 31, but there have been many safeties who have had good years at 31.

In any case, Joyner can be backed up by 22-year-old Jason Pinnock, who showed a lot of promise last year at safety after being switched from corner (70.4 overall grade, 89.5 run defense grade, and 62.7 coverage grade). And then there's always the slim hope that the light will come on for Ashton Davis.

This is all not to say that the Jets can't improve the free safety position in the draft. But I think we can say that the cupboard at safety is not as bare as it is at Edge, LB, and run-stopping DT.

themorey likes this.