Alright fellas, I need your help

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Jtuds, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

So last night I lost for the second straight time to a guy In know who is admittedly bad at Madden. He uses Philly with the Arizona playbook and has like 3 plays on offense and 3 plays on defense.

On offense, it's either a cross/slant to the TE, a post to Maclin out of the slot, or a scramble with McNabb. Sometimes he does that sprint backwards/sideways then quick throw to the TE but last night it didn't work.

On D, he's either in Cover 2, All-Out blitz, or Zone Blitz with pressure from the left.

Last night we went to OT and I lost in the last 2 mins after a turnover in my territory. The night before, I lost in the last minute. I have played with the Chargers and Vikes so far, and even though I know exactly what's coming, I can't stop it.

I will get so close to the sack that he'll throw those passes that flutter like 5 yards and bat off 3 D-linemen but noone picks it, then the next play he'll toss one for a 12 yard first down. When I would feel the pressure and hit Gates on the slant behind the blitzers, his one LB that was back would make the tackle before I could run anywhere....it's driving me fucking nuts! On one play, he blitzed me and Quentin Mikell almost got there but I threw it just in time, however, it was like I handed the ball off to Mikell, who picked it and took it to the house. It wasn't even like a throw, as soon as I "released" the ball, it was in his hands.

Man it burns my ass knowing I should be winning these games by 20 but the fuckin' AI can't get its shit together...

2. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

don't blame the AI.

If he plays cover 2 man run drag routes in the middle of the field. I like using the Falcons because Tony Gonzalez is automatic on short passes over the middle in this game. Michael Turner is a beast in this game.

If he plays a lot of zone throw HB slip screens.

If you think he's blitzing make sure you have an audible to get into a shot gun.

3. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I am blaming the AI only for the fact that I force him to throw ducks to the D-line and linebackers like 10 times per game and so far in 2 games I have 1 INT.

I was usng the Chargers yesterday and hit Gates for 6-10 yards a bunch of times on outse, drags, and slants and I know they will continue to work but I can't bring myself to play that way....u know....

4. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

fuckin beat him 24-0 today....he got 1 first down and I think he had negative yardage for the game....

then lost my next game 17-10 to a guy I was up on 2-0 so far this year and now my record's back to 4-4,

Scik, you should play SHAHEED

5. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

does he suck or something? Im not that good yet....having trouble grasping the game like I have for the last few years...

6. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

No, SHAHEED doesn't suck but he's not super good either. He's solid and he always plays legit. He might go for it on a 4th down here and there but it's never ridiculous, just risky and he rarely does it. I think after last night his record should be about 18-19.

He'll always try to convince you to punt of go for FGs when you could easily get the first down on 4th. Yesterday I had 4th and inches on his 40 and he's like "oh man you gotta kick that, nobody would go for it from there". So of course I kick the FG and am just short...I could have easily picked up the first with a sneak....ah well...

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Negative yardage for the game? Shit.

8. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Told ya man, he runs like 3 plays on offense....the problem the first 2 times when he beat me was that his CPU players (Philly) were making plays and mine weren't. I'd get to the QB as he threw like 10 times per game forcing Donovan to throw a duck to my LBs and DL, but they would bat it around and drop it. When he'd get close to my QB and force me to do that maybe 3 times, 2 of the 3 would be picked.

So last night I went to the screen pass because he was always in cover 2 with just 1 corner to each side or he would blitz. That led to a ton of yardage, and I also ran a lot out of the gun to buy time, and picked my plays fast so I would have more time for motion, etc.

I don't want to say anything because this is his first time playing madden online, but he would do that thing where you snap the ball to the QB and sprint backwards or to the back left/right then press the WR button mid-stride and do one of those spin-around throws to the TE or a WR on a slant....didn't complete one of them this time, which is how it should be.

He kept saying he wanted to put Vick in because he's fast....so in a way he's a cheeser without knowing what he is doing.

9. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

generally as a rule of thumb, I think going for it on 4th down should be confined to the opp half until 4th the qtr and under 3 mins

10. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

With how fast the clock is running in this Madden, and if you are down and need a TD, I am fine with ppl going for it on 4th any time in the final quarter.

As for other times in the game, I get pissed if people do it at any time on their side of the 50, except maybe on 4th and inches because it's pretty much a gimme.....but its still lame in terms of realism.

Inside 2 mins at the end of the first half, if you're on my side of the 50, I don't really have a problem with it either....especially if i have the lead.

11. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

true that....

12. gustoonarmy

Duds!!! C'mon dude we can play our first game :)

13. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Me Gus? We can play??

14. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I suck, anyone wanna play me sometime?

15. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Just friend ppl man, they'll play....you shuld play Gus

16. MParty7441

ahhh dude, I dont actually suck. It was a joke. I'm the best PS3 player here. However, this game is giving me a lot of problems.

17. gustoonarmy

lol, you ain't played me yet , I'll show you problems

18. MParty7441

lets play right now, I'm looking for my first online game.

19. MParty7441

GUS! you totally lost the time in the first half. That lost you the game.

20. MParty7441

oh and....is every game that slow? It was pretty laggy, I thought. Compared to last year.