All hope is not gone

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HardHitta, Jan 2, 2012.

1. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I know all you guys are down in the dumps and rightfully so but let's remember Sanchez can still be the guy and we've seen him come through before.
    We lost some key players and that fucked us, but I have faith we will be back next season kicking ass and taking names later and will be that same old group of bad asses like in 2010.

Let's re-up and go get some motherfucking pay back.

[YOUTUBE]PO7PYN4WhtE[/YOUTUBE]

Let's get ole #17 back, We were made for each other.

#1 HardHitta, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The thing that bothers me the most is that I doubt Tannenbaum's ability to make the necessary moves this winter to restock. The Jets have about 6 positions that must get better for them to compete, including RB, RT, LG, ILB. ROLB and S. That's a lot of holes to fill.

Then you have the questions about some of the other over 30 players and it's a major job that isn't going to get accomplished by one splashy tradeup in the draft or taking another team's trash off their hands cheap.

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

The FO/CS seriously under estimated team CHEMISTRY and true locker room LEADERSHIP.

4. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Thanks man. That was fun to watch.

Where the he'll was that qb this year? There we a lot of nice deep throws in that montage. I still have faith In Sanchez. These last 3 weeks have been trying though. I think bringing Braylon back could go a long way to getting him back on track.

5. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

"NAW HE SUXXX, HE WILL NEVAH AMOUNT TO NUTTIN. WE NEED A REAL QB LIKE MATT MOORE OR MATT FLYNN OR JEMARCUS RUSSELL OR KEVIN KOLB. LETS SEE WHAT McELROY CAN DO. SANCHEZ CAN'T THROW DA BAWL DEEP. HE ALWAYS GETS HIT AND TAKES DA SACK, HE SHOOD RUN AROUND. HE IS STOOPID. BRIAN SCHOTTENHEIMER'S TRACK RECORD IS MEANINGLESS IT'S ALL ON OWA QB HE SUXX. WE WOOD HAVE 3 SUPABOWLS IF WE HAD A DIFFERENT QB. "

/sarcasm

I do agree with this thread.

6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I think Sanchez is a solid QB if he improves in decision making and holding on to the ball, also to know when to just take a sack, and not panic too fast... we also need a solid line and to replace Shittenheimer, he will be a very very very good QB

7. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Getting hit 2.5 seconds after each snap.

8. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

He was definitely shell shocked this year with all the pressure he saw. Led to him checking down too much and rushing throws making them inaccurate. I think he lost confidence in himself and his line. Needs to get that back and he can right this ship. Hopefully with all the criticism he works extra hard this offseason and with a stronger revamped line he could make that jump we expected this year.

9. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

He better make the right moves i mean the writings on the wall. Get a RT preferably a Vet who can actually block. We need a Safety who can ball hawk a little and cover with consistency and speed. A Wide out who can stretch the field and make that deep play that B-easy use to do for us and that will open up guys like Holmes and J Kerley, Burress just doesn't have nearly enough speed to do that and after 3 years in jail i don't know why they thought he would.

Maybe for once get a guy who can be a pass rusher and reek some fucking havoc, and maybe it's The mad backers time to go and we bring in a young hungry ILB to play alongside Harris. I hope we correct these problems and i have faith Mr. T will.

My days of Dark siding are done.

10. Mason

Mason New Member

How do you not mention Wide Receiver?

I can't believe people think this current group is acceptable. Look around the league, no good QB is getting it done with trash at receiver.

11. avrus

avrus New Member

Thanks for posting this, it brought a wide smile to my face. Reposted to /r/nyjets

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

WR is one of the positions you upgrade after you have managed the OL, enough RB's and the defensive players. Plaxico is definitely in that over 30 group that could probably be upgraded.

I think the Jets just have so many critical needs at this point that it's hard to see our current MO working this off-season. The Jets need to find a lot of talent without a lot of resources. Our FO has tended to go get one or two talents at the cost of everything else. That just won't work this off-season.

They might as well punt on Sanchez if they're not going to upgrade the line well enough for him to succeed and give him a solid 30 carry ground game to play alongside. Obviously at that point we're rebuilding.

13. steves850

steves850 Active Member

That was an awesome post, thank you. I haven't been up to date on Edwards, I know he's been injured, does anyone think he can ever play at that level again?

14. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Mehh we have enough cap space and draft picks to fix everything that is wrong. Hope we can fix the offensive coaching staff and allow them to give us input on who to pick up on that side of the ball.

15. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

This video is the exact reason that with a new OC, deep threat WR, and a solid O-Line in every position, Sanchez can be something great. I needed to watch this video big time. There is no way this shit happening right now continues into next year. We will be back! With a vengeance!

PS

THIS VIDEO MAKES ME MISS THE SHIT OUT OF EDWARDS! WE NEED HIM BACK!

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

All I can say after watching that video is.......Holy hell 2011 sucked.

17. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

Makes you wonder what would've happened if we kept last year's team intact; WR corps, Woody and T-Rich

18. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

When I saw the title thread, the first thing I thought of was Kevin Bacon in Animal House during the parade shouting "All is well, all is well!!".

19. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

20. NYJetsfan56

NYJetsfan56 Member

I miss Braylon Edwards.