Alex Smith's comeback - ESPN article

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by FinnishJET, May 2, 2020.

1. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

Just wow. I knew that Smith's surgery and recovery from it didn't go smoothly at all as is very obvious because he's still not playing, but man I had no idea it was this bad. He got a flesh eating bacteria in his leg and almost lost his life. I'm rooting for this guy if he ever makes a comeback to the gridiron.
    This article is his wife's account of what happened after the horrible injury, well worth a read.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29112995/alex-smith-comeback-fight-save-qb-leg-life

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Good luck to the fellow, that is awful but if it was me, I wouldn't be going back onto a football field again, I know the wife says that is his motivation to beat everything but the risk is huge, like Enunwa and his neck.

Take your cash and live out a very long life with your wife and family, get a gig in the comms box if you can or take up coaching if you need the buzz still.

3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I'm not going to try finding it, but there's a pretty messed up video showing his progress, and the 15ish surgeries he's had. The dude is a fucking warrior, and I'm definitely rooting for him.

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It shows a lot in the link in the OP tbh

5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I didn't click it, since I've seen a lot already, but yeah, crazy story.

K'OB likes this.