Against lesser QBs, Jets should dominate

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GSourJr, Sep 18, 2006.

1. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

Brady and Belichick is an unholy alliance that will always be tough to beat. However, I think Mangini--even with this week pass rushing team--can scheme our way to many wins this season vs. lesser QBs. What I've seen the first two weeks translates into wild card contention:

Translation

Losman = Jets Win
    Manning = Loss
    Leftwich = Jets Win
    Culpeper = Jets Win
    Detroit = Jets Win
    Cleveland = Jets Win
    New England = Loss
    Grossman (CHI) = Loss (Grossman playing well + Great D)
    Carr (HOUS) = Jets Win
    Favre = Jets win (Favre too old)
    Losman = Jets Win
    Johnson (MIN) = Jets Win
    Culpeper = Jets win
    Oak = Jets win

2. The Mariner

The Mariner New Member

Brady really wasn't much of a factor today. He was his usual efficient self but not more more. The real problem for our defense was stopping Dillon and Moroney, which we just couldn't do when it counted.

3. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

That's Brady's MO....he doesn't feel like he's killing you, but he is...slowly...merciously efficiently...he's a maestro. Nobody's better than Brady, and that includes Manning. Pennington looks good, and I believe he can beat most of the other QBs this year.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Wild Card?

That translates to 12-4.

Bye week baby!!! :beer: :)

5. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I agree about Brady but I felt he was less impressive than usual today. He barely broke 50% completion.

After we play the Patriots it always feels like we beat ourselves with mistakes. But maybe that's just me.

6. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

We're probably losing to the Jags and maybe to the Vikings. In addition we're probably dropping another winnable game or two in there. We're 8-8 to 10-6, depending on if we lose to any of the weaker teams or not. If we get really lucky, maybe we can pull off that 12-4 you've got there, get the bye, and make some noise in the playoffs. I'll dare to dream in a few weeks, right now I want to see us destroy the Bills. It's good that our rough spots are early in the season, we're weaker earlier anyway. I hope we roll at the end of the season.

7. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Pull one extra upset = 13-3. :)

8. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Let's not talk playoffs- let's take care of the Bills next week.

One thing is certain, they won't have the luxury of playing against Culpepeper again; our QB has a brain

9. Jetsandcanes

Jetsandcanes Active Member

i love the optimism guys but for gods sake lets just try to win at buffalo next week before we start talkin playoffs.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I wasn't talking playoffs.

I just thought I would post that since he wrote wild card contention when he had the Jets winning 12 games.

Beating Buffalo would be nice though.

So would winning 12 games. :rofl2: :beer:

11. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I can realistically see 9-7, but that's if everything goes right. Tennessee is too bad to judge much from, and New England just has our number. I want to see us against a team like Jacksonville or Minnesota or an above average team like that.

We can beat Buffalo and lose big to Indy, and I still won't know what we are as a team yet. But the more I look at the schedule, the more I think we can do well. I'm still not sold on Buffalo, and I think we can sweep them, take one from Miami, and beat all the bad teams we play (Oakland, Cleveland, Detroit, Houston, Green Bay) then we can go 9-7. Of course, I doubt we beat all those bad teams because, quite frankly, we're probably one of those types of teams. I like to think we're better though.

12. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

we have the potential to win 12 games(i agree with that), doesnt mean we will.

we have to show up. the guys have to want it bad. they were trying in the first half, but after cotchery's play, they started to have an attitude of "all right! fuck this lying around shit" they were turning no gains into losses with regularity, and the D who has weaknesses started laying the wood to people

we dont have enough talent to win without that intensity. with that intensity, we will be in every game. but football is a funny game, a couple weird bounces change wins to losses.

13. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

yeah.......12-4? lets not get too ahead of ourselves. jets looked like a good team in the second half and thats the record of a great team. to be honest, i don't think theres a team in the AFC East thats gonna have a record that good

14. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

There was no pressure on Brady. No Abe to sack him. Because of that, we have to rely more on our DBs. Brady didn't have a great game, but he was given so much time to pass. We can't blitz Rhodes every down.

15. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

i couldn't help from cracking up on this HOMER post.. get real will ya. how about a reallistic post/prediction!!!! the jills are for real after watching them against miami. definately not a gimme......

16. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

The Bills won't roll over and die for us. Jacksonville is going to hand us our asses. Culpepper may or may not be okay against us. Depends on how much we attack him. Chicago is shaping up to be one of the hardest games for us this year. Minny is playing better than anyone would have expected.

Strangely, I do think we have an outside shot at 10 wins. It's just way too early to believe that though. A big key is coming back and pounding the Bills next week. If we come out flat off this letdown yesterday, we are in trouble. Right now, it's all about Mangini. Can he make this team believe that they played well enough to win yesterday? Or will the guys just see the final score and figure that this is another lost cause?

We need to get past Buffalo. We are almost surely going to get pimp-smacked by the Colts. Worse, it will be on our field. Getting past Buffalo before the Indy game is critical to our season. And they are not just going to roll over and die for us.

17. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

buffalo nearly beat the pats. and then beat up miami so it wont be as easy as some as you think.

18. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

i doubt many people think it is going to be easy!

19. chef

chef Banned

AFC east have the easiest schedule.
    we only have 5 games that look pretty close

1.denver @NE next week, my pick win plummer is shocking under the pressure
    2.cinci @cinci, loss
    3.indi @ NE, win it is indi
    4.Chi @ chi?, win our D shut's out there O, while we play conservate and run the ball.
    5 Jax @somewere, win, we won last year

i say they r all winable games, but we won't/can't win all 4 i said we will

our record shud b ATLEAST 12-4

we got miami twice=easy
    bills=close W
    Minn= W
    NYJ=sorry guys but we win
    GB=blow-out win
    Det=win
    Houston=win
    ten=win

20. chef

chef Banned

don't really agree with what u said there.
    Pennington is a much better QB then som1 like Grossman and proberly Leftwich, but i still believe u will lose both those games.
    THe QB is not the whole team