After 1st round players Spotlight

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Jan 11, 2021.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Everyone is discussing all the 1st round players I figured i'd spotlight some later round players who could fit us well but keep it all in 1 thread so there is no thread spamming.

I'll try and do a couple a week. feel free to respond. Each player will have their own post in here form me I highlight

joelip and ouchy like this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

Spotlight 1

OT Daniel Faalele
    6-9, 400lbs
    Estimated Draft Position: Mid to late 2nd - early 3rd

[​IMG]

Analysis: You guys think Mekhi is a monster? well move over because here comes Faalele. A Massive 6-9 400lb man who would make becton look small. The jets need some help on the o-line and while i'm not sure if Faalele can hack it at RT in the NFL because he does struggle with speed rushers, at worse case he can be moved to OG which right now is our weakest part of the o-line with GVR being trash and lewis being so-so. A former Rugby player who has oddly good athletic ability for a man his size he can just outpower d-lineman and eat them up. Last year we drafted the mountain this year we can draft the whole mountain range. Him and becton on the outside would combine for 765 pounds of man. games are still won in the trenches and i'd love to see Faalele and becton rag dolling defenders in 2021. Based on his draft position the jets could likely trade down in the 2nd and still grab him plus an additional pick. dropping down to the 40ish pick could net us an extra 4th

3. GasedAndConfused

Spotlight 2

OT Walker Little
    6-7 309-320lbs
    Estimated Draft position Late 2nd early 3rd

[​IMG]

Analysis: Late round drafting is all about value and taking a chance on players with talent who fell. Little fits that bill. coming into the 2019 season Little was a top 10 pick. Then he got injured and the 2020 draft class became stacked with offensive lineman and his stock fell to the 2nd round. He opted to go back to school for the 2020 season instead. Then covid happened and he opted out of the 2020 season. He hasn't played a game in nearly 2 years making his stock fall even more. If we don't get an OT with any of our top 3 picks we can grab little in the 3rd round as he should slip that far. move him to RT and with him and becton we are set at OT for the next decade. He'll get a year to get ready to play football behind fant in 2021 and take take over in 2022 when we release fant for cap room.

boozer32 likes this.
  4. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Been dreaming of Alex Leatherwood at LG and god forbid Ticket gets hurt he can move to LT but will solidify our left side for years. Plenty of good center prospects Dickerson, Hill, Meyers, late round 2/3

5. GasedAndConfused

leatherwood is a 1st rounder and it's a deep o-line draft. i wouldn't use any of our top 3 picks on o-line. we could get really good lineman in the 3rd. walker little + landon dickenson in the 3rd is possible. that allows mcgovern to shift to guard and were pretty set at o-line

WoodyHarrelson likes this.
  6. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Depends on who we sign in FA too. Which comes first?

7. GasedAndConfused

yes free agency will have an effect on the draft for sure and yes it comes 1st

8. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I really like Tyson Campbell CB, Thomas Booker pass rusher, Royce Newman G, Marcus Murphy S

If we could land a few of these kids in the middle rounds I’d be over the moon

9. GasedAndConfused

I like campbell a lot but he's a 1st rounder. If we could get him with the 23rd pick that would be awesome. I'll look into the other guys as well.

Rockinz likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

Spotlight 3

James Wiggins FS
    6' 205LBs
    Estimated draft position 4th-5th round

[​IMG]

Analysis: Depth at safety is something the jets should look at in the later rounds so in comes James Wiggins. A natural FS so would back up maye but a flexible secondary player. Fares well in zone coverage and also manning up in the slot as shown above. Not the best tackler but good enough and always seems to be around the ball and good at reading the QB. Could sub in for us as a nickel/dime back as well. His height/weight doens't stand out but he's a freak athlete who's very strong. he benches 405, squats 675, has a 37 inch vertical and runs in the 4.40s. Can also return kicks and punts and play special teams. Would be a great pick up to the depth in our secondary in the 4th or 5th round.

On a side note he's one of those "electric personalities" but in a good way. A guy out there just having fun. A good locker room guy to have. the type of player right up JDs alley

11. GasedAndConfused

Spotlight 4

Charles Snowden: Edge
    6-7 240lbs
    Estimated Draft Position: 5th round

[​IMG]

Analysis: Snowden is the type of player you take a flyer on in the late rounds. He's skinny for a OLB but has impressive length and speed. Runs in the 4.6s and very versatile player. Not a pure pass rusher but can learn the skills needed and has had some success there. He's also able to cover TEs well and play in zones. He's a high motor hustle player with height and speed but needs to refine his game. probably will never be an elite rusher but could be very calvin pace like as a solid jack of all trades OLB.

12. GasedAndConfused

Spotlight 5

Master Teague RB
    5-11 225lbs
    Estimated Draft Round 7th-UDFA

[​IMG]

Analysis: I don't think taking a RB high is smart for the jets right now. However with only Ty Johnson and perine on the current roster taking one later in the draft should be on the agenda. Enter Master Teague. Has a great :"RB build" at just under 6 foot but a bulky 235lbs with 4.4 speed and runs nasty and not shy to take on contact and can hit the homerun. Ok so if he's so good why is he gonna be drafted so late? He's already had 2 significant injuries and hasn't had a lot of reps. He also played behind dobbins and has been splitting time with trey sermon who's projected as a 3rd rounder. He's been banged up a lot too. most recently a concussion. He did play in the championship game where he was featured and had 15 carries for 65 yards and 2 TDs but it was a game where they were playing from behind a lot. He could opt to go back to college for 1 more year to raise his value but if he doesn't he's worth the late round flyer for us

13. GasedAndConfused

Spotlight 6

Amon-Ra St. Brown: WR
    6-1 194lbs
    Estimated round: Mid 2nd to Early 3rd

[​IMG]

Analysis: St. Brown (brother of packers WR Equinmous St Brown) isn't getting much attention in a stacked Wr class. his physical numbers don't jump out either being skinny for a 6-1 WR and not having blazing speed (runs 4.6ish) but don't let that fool you. St. Brown is a pure slot guy and better then his brother. He's a natural route runner who finds ways to get open. He can take the top off a defense without elite speed. he's tough blue collar and fights for the ball and will make catches in traffic. He has great hands and while not fast can rac up YAC. he's a threat with the ball in his hands. NFL comparison is keenan allen. He's also a willing blocker who hasn't been injured. he's tough and reliable. He's a 1st round talent that will fall in a stacked class due to measurables.

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

OT Daniel Faalele
    6-9, 400lb

what
    the
    hell

stinkyB likes this.
  15. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

Ihmir Smith-Marsette
    WR, Iowa

I know he's considered raw as a route runner and needs to get stronger, but at a minimum, he's got the blazing speed to be a deep threat and make an impact in the return game.

Maybe it's overconfidence after the success of DJ Metcalf, but expanding a guy's route tree, is something that can be developed. The raw speed and ability to blow the top off a defense you can't.

Bonus points for him being a local guy (Newark).

Mogriffjr likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

Absolute Unit lol

17. GasedAndConfused

he's a guy worth looking into. probably a 6th rounder may do a spotlight on him as well. I have plenty of time leading up to the draft. I'll probably do like 50-60 before the draft

18. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

What about Landon Dickerson, the Rimmington Award Winner? Usually plays as center but can play as guard too.

Might be able to pick him up in the 3rd Round.

19. GasedAndConfused

he's on my list already as well. I like him a lot. he's shot up draft boards recently though. went from a 5th rounder to a 3rdish in the past month. some even have him as the top C over humprey now and a 2nd rounder.

This draft is really good in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. more the reason to trade down.

20. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

G Deonte Brown hasn’t allowed a sack in 3 years. He was PULLING to block edge rushers last night. He’d be an intriguing pick in round 2 to slide in at LG.