AFC East Record Predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 3, 2024.

1. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Too early for predictions. Let's just say this, if Rodgers can actually start 17 games the team "might" make the playoffs. That's assuming you get "a Rodgers" that can get back to, at the very least, 2022 levels. My guess is he drops off a cliff this year and that takes us to if the Jets end up starting someone, that isn't Rodgers, for more than 2 or 3 games which means outside of finally sweeping the Patriots, this team could end up and 4 or 5 wins.

The ONLY thing I can guarantee you here and now is that the Patriots will battle Carolina for the worst record in football. Carolina is finding out, FAST, how bad it can get with a shitty owner...welcome to the NY Jets club!

2. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

Due to the ever present Salehackett factor, I cannot see this team winning more than 5 games

Dolls 12-5
    Jills 11-6
    Pats 6-11
    Mess 5-12

Look, you can yell at me all you want for being pessimistic, but with these buffoons at the helm of the ship, to quote Titanic builder Thomas Andrews, "it will surely founder and sink"

BrowningNagle likes this.
  3. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Same baffoons as last year winning 7, saying they are that much worse this season that the exact same baffoons will lose 2 additional games with an easier schedule and better roster goes far beyond pessimism my friend.

Acad23 and AtlantaJet like this.
  4. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Until proven otherwise I am predicting 9 wins tops. Can they stay healthy especially Aaron who will turn 41 coming off a major injury. Does Rodgers still have enough in the tank. His last year in GB wasn't great and that was two years ago. I know the Jets are the greatest offseason team in the NFL. But unless that carries over to Sept thru Dec and hopefully beyond then being the greatest offseason team doesn't mean shit.

5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Those are the type of people who just enjoy misery. The jets can rattle off 2 superbowls in a row and those people will still be miserable. Insane takes

NOVAJET likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It’s not insane to think the 7-10 Jets could lose only 2 more games and finish with 5 wins the following year.

Its just not insane, it’s quite possible to win or lose 2 games in either direction

I sure wish we could find out if people would be miserable with multiple SB titles as you claim

Ralebird and Acad23 like this.
  7. dawinner127

They won 7 games with a traffic cone at quarterback for the entire season. rodgers is worth way more than 2 wins. lets get real. the roster is infinitely better than last year. Also the post in question didn't mention anything about health of the roster, strictly talking about Saleh and Hackett. If those two idiots got 7 wins with zach wilson and tim boyle, they're going to win more than 7 with rodgers. This is crazy talk.

NOVAJET and Brook! like this.
  8. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Let them prove it on the field. No Jets fan should give them the benefit of the doubt. I will say one thing, however. If Rodgers gets hurt and has to miss some time, then this year the season WILL NOT BE OVER. Tyrod Taylor is a capable backup who can help the Jets win games. Unlike last year when Rodgers got hurt everyone knew the Jets season was over with Wilson.

Ralebird, Acad23, Khan and 1 other person like this.
  9. dawinner127

That's fine and I'm in agreement with you. Go win games. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt, but people talking about them winning 4, 5 or 6 games is complete insanity.

NOVAJET, Brook! and GREG like this.
  10. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Agree. They did win 7 games without an NFL caliber QB. So, to say 4-6 wins is too pessimistic. But I am not crowning them AFCE champs or a WC team yet. They have to show me wins starting in September. On paper they have a good team. But we know what on paper really means.

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

If we had Tyrod last year we would have made the playoffs... easily.

NOVAJET, dawinner127 and GREG like this.
  12. BrowningNagle

it is not crazy talk

Rodgers didn’t last 7 minutes let alone 7 games

Its likely we see more of the same but even if by some miracle he lasts all season I’m expecting a big drop off. This isn’t the Rodgers of 10 years ago

if I had to predict I’d say around the same win total as last year (7) but I could see anywhere from 5-9

13. dawinner127

But it is crazy talk. Rodgers brain alone is a better QB than the dogshit we watched "play" the position last year-- that might even be a compliment to the QB play last year. We watched the corpse of peyton manning win a superbowl. Rodgers body isn't even close to breaking down like peytons of that year. All we need is the 13th best QB and this team can make noise. You and everyone else are underselling the improvement from a traffic cone to an actual qb.

NOVAJET likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

Well that Denver team had multiple hall of fame players but yeah… I guess we could end up like that.

Somehow your take is sane and the other guy’s is “insane” or “crazy”

15. dawinner127

Winning 4 or 5 games with a healthy Rodgers is an insane take. Not really sure how else you would classify it. That was the point, stop moving the goal posts

NOVAJET likes this.
  16. BrowningNagle

I think I’ve been pretty consistent, it is not an insane prediction.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't know what they've done to earn the benefit of the doubt that Rodgers makes it through the season, based on signing a bunch of one year contracts.

As far as I'm concerned, it will be a surprise at this point if he makes it all the way to the postseason. We have a 40+ QB returning from a catastrophic injury and playing behind a line that barely know each other's names at this point. That's a giant hurdle and I'm not sure they can jump it.

Ralebird likes this.
  18. dawinner127

I actually agree with you about Rodgers not being able to play all the games and everything about him returning and the OL is still a major concern, but the post I initially commented on was that we were going to win 5 games and it was because of the two idiots in Saleh and Hackett. It had nothing to do with anyone's health. If those two same idiots have Rodgers for the entire season there is almost 0% chance they win less games than last year, let alone 2 less games.

abyzmul and NOVAJET like this.
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

They should put Rodgers on a snap count... :p

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Jets have the longest playoff drought in all four major pro sports, and you're bringing up a hypothetical where they double their all-time Super Bowl win total in back to back years? The last time the pessimistic crowd were the delusional ones was over a decade ago.