Advice to the Jets defense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bpjets, Nov 27, 2010.

1. bpjets

bpjets New Member

Don't even get close to Brady....The flags will be flying every where!!!

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

So your plan would be to just let him sit in the pocket?

[​IMG]

3. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. Wizard Of Odds

Wizard Of Odds New Member

Not a problem. We can't get to the QB anyway.

5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Paint de fence.

6. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

7. Wizard Of Odds

Pats D has let up 266 points this year. For comparison, the Bills defense has let up 276.

If you can't dominate that D you don't belong in the playoff conversation. The Jets will run all over them, control the clock, and T-Brady will never get the chance to do his dink-n-dunk cuz' he'll be standing on the sideline...

8. bpjets

bpjets New Member

Of course not...but I know you know what I am saying....playing Brady is like watching Jordon play basketball...teams couldn't fart next to him without getting a whistle

9. bojanglesman

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Apparently you missed the Lions defense beating on him in the first half.

11. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Somewhere a Pats fan is bitching about how Sanchez and the Jets get all the calls.

Every fan base feels that their team gets screwed.

12. Wizard Of Odds

The only way for the Pats to win a game is to run up big points, because their defense will let up big points too. That works against teams with weak defenses like the Lions and Colts, but against the Jets it won't work. The Jets will contain the Pats scoring, which means their defense will have to match the productivity of the Jets D and they won't be able to do that. This isn't a good matchup for the Pats. They need to face a weak to suspect defense to win a game and they won't have that on Monday night.

13. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

what if i were to tell you that the pats are currently tied for 2nd in the nfl in regards to interceptions, and have more than double the Jets defense, would you believe me?

14. bojanglesman

Yeah, I'd believe you. The Pats give up a shit-ton of yards, but do seem to get the INT when it counts. The Jets seem to get those turnovers in the form of fumbles, not INTs.

15. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

well i would bet most of the pats success against the jets will come from the numbers in toward the center of the field. the strength of the jets D is obviously outside the numbers DOWN THE FIELD with the corners.

me thinks ryan is going to feed the pats alot more zone on passing downs. likely more than we have seen all year.

u know the pats go no huddle to start the game. the jets have an "older" defense so it makes sense to get them a bit gassed right off the bat.

jil

16. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

it's a double edged sword too because in my opinion turnovers is one of the most important "stats" if not the most important. I'm not comfortable relying on them, seems to be the case with the Pats "D" ..

17. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

I would agree ... def "Hi tempo" offense out of the gate ..

18. Wizard Of Odds

Sure I believe you... Would you believe me if I told you the Pats are averaging 30 points a game but only scored 14 against the Jets last time? Would you believe me if I told you the Pats only lost two games this season and one of them was to the Jets? There must be a reason for that wouldn't you say?

The Jets are built to beat a team like the Pats and Colts. Ryan saw to that when he picked up Cromartie to team up with Revis. What he didn't foresee was that the Pats defense would be so bad... Who would ever have thought that Bill Belichick would ever field a team with such a bad defense? Too bad, because it will be their undoing in this game.

19. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

You can prove anything with stats, though - I'll bet the Pats defence gets thrown at a hell of a lot more than the Jets' does, because while the Jets have the best corner tandem in the league the Pats have a rookie (who is admittedly very talented) and a UFA. Picks to attempts would be a more telling stat than just a straight count of interceptions.

20. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

Teams don't throw at the Jets nearly as much as the Pats due to Revis and Cro. Furthermore, when they do, they target receivers covered by the likes of Smith, Coleman, Wilson, etc. who are considerably less talented/experienced than the former two.

Regardless, turnovers don't mean squat unless you capitalize on them and get good field position or points on the scoreboard as a result. Nothing worse than a clutch turnover only to yield a 3-and-out on the opponent's side of the field.