Admit it trading for Favre was a mistake

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LI JET FAN, Dec 15, 2008.

1. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

It's time for most here to take some bad tasting medicene and admit that Favre's coming here was a mistake. Except for the Cardinal game Favre hasn't done anything more for us then what Pennington would have done. To tell you the truth I cringe now anytime Favre throws down field. Regardless what happens barring a miraculous change of luck we won't have to worry about a SB or even Division championship tickets this year.After this season is over the Jets need to tell Favre he is done with us and retire with some dignity. It's time to turn the page in another sad chapter of New York Jet history.

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

It's time to STFU and wait until game 16. You know full well that the division and the playoffs are going to be riding on that game and a beautiful pick by either Favre or Pennington is going to decide it. (God I hope so) If the Dolphins win bad move if we win great move.

3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Prepare to be blasted.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Worst thread ever.

5. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Wow. With Favre we lead the league in 5 minute drives. With Favre yesterday we scored two first quarter TD's. Things haven't been perfect, but our offense is more lethal because of Favre. And as big of a Pennington fan as I am there is no way we are doing as good with him than Favre in my opinion.

6. GreenBleeder69

We have a defense that's getting man handled week in and week out. Why are we even talking about the Favre trade?

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

where do people come up with these assinine comments...and why do they feel they have to share them.

what a stupid thread.

8. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Another Favre / Pennington thread. Can't there be a moratorium on new Brett / Chad threads until week 17?

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

/disagree

*filler*

10. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

That close your eyes and throw the ball up for grabs act gets old real quick.

11. winstonbiggs

How much did you hate that perfectly thrown TD to Cotch?

12. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

I never had so much fun watching the Jets play, than for parts of this season. Nomatter, how this all ends, that was very well worth it.

13. ShadeTree#55

Why would I hate a TD?

14. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

I felt like it was a mistake at the time, because I doubted Favre's desire to be here and I thought Chad would bounce back big with more time away from his injury and with the new additions.

Obviously, my emotions and thoughts have ebbed and flowed during the season.

We need to judge after the season's over, but if I had to make an evaluation right now...here's what I see.

Favre has surprised me with his genuine desire to play and lead the Jets. He's been an excellent leader. Not an easy thing to do coming in. His play has been as up and down as I expected, and I still believe he's too careless with the ball, but he's got a punchers/slingers chance of taking us to the promised land--though the team would need to regain it's Tennessee form.

Pennington is throwing deeper and better than anybody thought he could, but I'm not surprised. I didn't like the idea of throwing away our homegrown leader and I guy who has taken the Jets to the playoffs in 3 out of 4 of his healthy years. No other JEts QB has done better, a fact people conveniently disregard.

To be fair, I don't think Pennington would do what he's doing with Mangini. And that's not saying that the Fins are carrying him, that's me saying he's been given the right tools and coaching and he's driving the car beautifully.

It's just a shame and just a typical Jets scenario that we give up on one of our own and he is most likely going to come back and make us pay. If he does, we will get what we deserve.

This is a rudderless ship.

15. winstonbiggs

The guy threw 1 bad INT on a third and long that should have been no worse than a punt. Even though the Bills got decent field position the D still doesn't have to lay down it's okay for them to make a stop once in awhile after a turn over.

I hate that he does that shit but you have to take the good with the bad when you don't have credible coaches that can get in his face.

16. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

If we are going to use the last three games as a window in time , then yes! I have been reluctant to call Brett our savior and always feel as tho he will take too many chances ; bear in mind we are a young team and cant compensate yet for his wild playground moments. I can imagine what the receivers are thinking when they know they are in triple coverage and here comes the rocket. The way I rationalize it , is wait till the end before making the end statement.

17. ShadeTree#55

He has done that same chuck the ball up for grabs throw alot this year.

You know it is a pick from the moment he throws it.

18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I was PISSED on that one bad pick, but once they showed the replay, he was clearly hit in the face as he threw. That's not saying he hasn't thrown some bad ones in the past

19. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same things.

But it has been a fun year, much better than last year. At least I feel like we have a chance. But the real test is if Favre comes back for next season, which is when I really expected the Jets to be ready to make a serious run. If he does, and the secondary gets fixed, watch out, this team will then be ready to get it done. But this season is not over yet.

20. winstonbiggs

Yea but it's fun while it's in the air and you always watch it until it comes down.