Aaron Rodgers wants out?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by horsehead, Jan 25, 2021.

1. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I literally just heard this on FAN.

TBH - He's a baby. The coaching staff didn't help him yesterday but he still could have won the game.

ouchy and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The GM didn’t do him any favors by using a first round pick on his replacement in a season they were legitimate Super Bowl contenders and one more impact player could have been the difference rather than a player who didn’t take a snap all season.

Cry baby? Perhaps, but I’ll chip in for the diapers for a few years of him as our QB in a heartbeat.

stinkyB likes this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He had three chances to score a touchdown in the the fourth quarter and produced two three and outs for -5 yards and the last field goal drive where they obviously should've went for it.

Boneheaded coaching by the Packers throughout the game. But Rodgers didn't help himself. He also targeted and stared down Davante Adams a billion times in the two red zone trips where they settled for field goals. He had Lazard at least once in the first half for a walk in touchdown.

There's a big collection of blame to go around, but the bottom line is that Rodgers had several chances to tie the game and failed all three times, just as he had the chance to stick a dagger in the Steelers in the Super Bowl and they settled for a field goal.

J-Raw24 and Red Menace like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Rodgers never liked Green Bay. He always wanted to play in a place like New York.

[just saying it out into the universe]

6. Jonathan_Vilma

I could see a power play to San Francisco. He's from there.

CotcheryFan and abyzmul like this.
  7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The argument isn’t dependent on the idea Rogers played flawlessly and was solely undone by coaching, but Rogers performance doesn’t exist in isolation — he’s competing against other human beings who are actively trying to stop him.

coaching decisions, and personnel decisions, are made in isolation and are errors solely attributable to the decision maker.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

I get it. And I agree that they should've thought shorter term. I also think they made a mistake in taking a runningback in round two that they were essentially going to redshirt. You don't redshirt runningbacks as their shelf life is too short and he was third on the depth chart for most of the year and it was unlikely that was going to change.

But this is the way of the Packers. They see Love as the next Aaron Rodgers. I'm sure they're hoping he has more championship game than Rodgers mark at 1-5 and Favre at 2-2.

They also could've done what they did in the draft and try to add another target via free agency or by way of trade. But again, unfortunately they don't do such things.

9. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Not surprised he tossed his coach under the bus.

His dead cap number is $31.5 million and the Packers are projected to be $30 million over already. Linsley and Aaron Jones are set to hit FA.

By all means, trade him.