Aaron Rodgers unhappy in Green Bay

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Garrison Nauman, Apr 29, 2021.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I remember the Seattle game most, unfortunately. But I do remember the cards game, wasn’t there a nasty hit on Boldin?

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Eric Smith tried to remove his head in the end zone.

3. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Yeah, broke his face. Literally broke his face. *Looked it up-- officially "Fractured Paranasal Sinuses"*

He got hit by both safeties on the play, Kerry Rhodes, then immediately by Eric Smith-- broke Boldin's face and knocked both Boldin and Smith unconscious.

*Edit: Checked the video, and Smith wasn't going for a headshot--he was aimed at chest level, the hit from Rhodes dropped Boldin's helmet right into Smith's line.*

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I was at the game so I don't think they showed a replay. I do remember the pinball effect with his body withering to the ground. I was sitting in the upper sections on the other 35 and I heard the sound of the helmets loud and clear from my seat.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Especially the Cards game. What an ass whopping. And then their WR (Bolden? Cant recall) got his face smashed in at the end.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  6. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Off the top of my head, this might be the most violent hit I witnessed in real time for a football game. If they pronounced Boldin dead at the scene, I would have believed it. I'm too lazy to fact check, but if I remember correctly, Boldin only missed a game or two, albeit with his jaw wired shut. If that's correct, shows his toughness.

And not for nothing, it's a shame the injury happened ( it obviously could have been career ending) especially since the game was so far out of reach for the Cardinals. What was the point of Warner airing it out with a minute to go down 20?