Aaron Rodgers, Robert Saleh and how the Jets’ season fell apart: ‘Something has to change’ (Article)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KY Jets Fan, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

No one did. Woody looks like a fool for running this clown show back one more time. Hire clowns? Expect a circus...

2. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

If you didn't realize that this was happening you weren't paying attention. It was painfully obivious that OCS was abysmal lack fundemental discipline, etc. That the FO and HC were on different wave lengths and that the HC is what we all though, incompetent . I mean many of us espoused this "dysfunction" and rightly so to show our utter disgust...

The only saving grace for me was watching BB lose... and watching the 49ers. BTW, good for SAM maybe he will get a ring...wouldn't that be ironic.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Are you absolving Joe Douglas?

He's a fat feckless fuck that deserves a major share of the blame.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The pre-snap penalties were a red flag of ineptitude.

They have to bring in some pro level coaches to kick some ass.

5. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

So, like I've said countless times already, next season is already over before it has even begun with these clowns running the show.

6. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Sadly most of the Jet fans knew it was a circus behind closed doors. After reading the article I actually think even less of Saleh. He’s a fake bastard. JD is a putz for allowing his job responsibilities to go to a quarterback.

In conclusion it’s the same old Woody show, lies, deceit, and crap on the fans. Fire them all!

7. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Woody blows…check

Donttasemebro and Since1969 like this.
  8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Yep.

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

We Jets fans knew the team had much deeper problems than Zach Wilson or Rodgers being hurt, but this article paints a damning picture of near total dysfunction and ineptitude. They really can't call themselves a professional team in any sense.

I'm disgusted and demoralized. Even hearing that they fired Hogan, Douglas's assistant does nothing to give me any reason for hope. In the press release they reminded me that Hogan was with the team under Maccagnan - and yet they brought him back and promoted him! WTF???

I've said this before, but it bears saying again: If you wanted to have a blueprint for how to ensure failure, just do what the Jets have done for years. Really. How could a team do any worse unless they were actively trying to fail?

For myself, I may continue to check in here and post once in a while, but until this team shows that they actually want to win, I'm not going to invest any more time and energy on them. Fuck you Woody. You've finally convinced me to give up on this shit show after 60+ years.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Have to wonder if Woody blinks...Also Vrabel has to be pretty tempting

REVISion and dawinner127 like this.
  11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The problem is not that people ae willing to talk about all those things that the team failed at - it at least means they are not all complacent enough to wait until next year. The problem is the weaklings running the organization who care more about those talking about problems than doing something to fix them.

The_Darksider and REVISion like this.
  12. Ralebird

"Wishin' and hopin' and plannin' and dreaming"

That's how this organization has operated for decades. I saw nothing in the entire treatise that was not 100% believable.

The_Darksider likes this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Hopefully the Commanders will turn it around, so I can root for them instead of this miserable franchise.

14. Ralebird

Why does anyone care about the leaks? Why not care about the information the leaks provided and the lack of interest in fixing it by those responsible? Your attention, as is Saleh's, is misdirected.

The_Darksider and Cman68 like this.
  15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Amazing hahahahahahha

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The leaks matter as much as the information that is leaked because when you know you are seeing the CS take the full brunt of the blame in an article (and zero blame going to the FO), you have to start wondering about the veracity of the details.

It's someone throwing someone else under the bus, whether deserved or not. Details are obviously and purposefully being left out, which is the next thing to dishonesty in my book, and I'm sure some of the blame has been assigned to the wrong places.

17. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Thanks KY Jets Fan for posting this.

We fans need a miracle…so I can sell these fucking PSLs at a decent price.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Not absolving anybody my friend. Fuck Joe D too for all I care. I want to clean house entirely.

SOJAZ likes this.
  20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Haven't seen it posted yet and I have no idea if it is a coincidence or not.

The Jets have wished their HC a happy birthday for their last 12 years on social media. The Jets social media team is always on point with stuff like this and pro bowl voting/accolades. Yesterday was Bobs birthday and it is the first time in over a decade they didn't acknowledge it. Same day that article got dropped on the Jets head. Maybe they are actually considering a change? I have no idea. That article is fucking terrible for Saleh. It makes him look weak, lost, an excuse maker, and a child. Not good Bob.

The reports are that Hogan was let go weeks ago with the RB/WR coaches. Maybe they are interviewing these Titans guys for Vrabel? I don't know. Just a lot of smoke now when just the other day I had no hope this asshat would be fired. Still think there is a less than 10% chance.

EDIT - The Jets players are pretty active on Twitter/Social Media. Reed, Breece, Sauce and Becton have made their rounds on twitter defending/attacking their team. Just a few weeks ago they were crushing Keith Carter. The fact that none of these guys have defended the article and Saleh is pretty wild. Only DJ Reed came out and defended Hogan.

#60 dawinner127, Feb 1, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2024