aaron maybin is our best pass rusher

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetRizing89, Oct 17, 2011.

1. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

dude is chasing down the qb on every play he is in there

he needs more playing time

2. GreenMachine

OUR.

And no.

3. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

He needs to learn how to play the rush if he wants more playing time.

Or teams are just gonna gash us with the run

4. laxin

laxin Active Member

what about joe mcknight?

5. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Deff needs to get stronger and better for the Run....

6. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

He played a lot today actually. Was in for most of the 4th quarter.

7. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

He's good in the situational pass rusher role. Don't change what works.

8. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

2 sacks for maybin in 3 games as a jet. not bad. done more than gholston did in 3 years lol.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He's our best pass rusher when he gets washed out of the play and then hustles back to make a play from behind.

The kid is not our best pass rusher by any stretch of any imagination. What he is, however, is the best motor on the team. The kid flies around, but he still has a encyclopedia's worth of technique to learn.

I still want to see him on a delayed blitz where he has a free rush to the QB. He'll kill him.

10. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

Let the QB roll out, make Maybin chase him from behind.

He'll have 30 strip sacks by the end of the year...

11. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

on broken down plays, yes. He gives the best chance to get to the passer because he is so fast. That is due to our coverage.

He is learning the way of the strip, and I like that. However all he has is the speed rush. That's not good enough.

12. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

he is the only one who consistently gets to the qb

add some weight and give him some time to fully learn the scheme and we have a very nice player on our hands

13. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

He doesn't have Calvin Pace's strength but boy Maybin doesn't give up on a play.

As crazy as it may sound, I think being a draft bust and being cut was a blessing in disguise for Maybin's career. Unlike Gholston(Who really just doesn't give a shit about football), Maybin needed a chip on his shoulder and needed a reality check that working hard at the combine and getting drafted high doesn't entitle you to anything.

Maybin is fighting for his NFL life and thus far has been awesome and then some.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

He's still disrupting the pass play, is he not?

Maybin's been productive in a limited role and that's a hell of a lot more than anyone expected.

15. JetsNation

JetsNation New Member

Maybin is still a project Rex is working on we got a big game coming up against a pass heavy team so watch Maybin do work then we have a bye week which will be huge for Maybin to get some 1 on 1 with Rex and Petine

16. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

he is really fast and he can strip the ball. i like. if only he could learn some pass rushing moves.

17. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

Can't get down on the guy. First for whatever reason (supposedly was ill) he dropped weight just before training camp. Then he was cut. Then he came here, played for a bit and was cut.

This is a guy who was already incredibly raw coming out of college. The Jets defense is also pretty complicated (the full playbook..not just go get the QB like they usually have him do now).

Considering all that, I like what I've seen so far. Give him another year with the team. A full real off-season in the weight room and working with the team and playbook. He may not be a star, but he could very well turn into something still pretty good.

Considering his ethic so far with the Jets it looks promising (usually was a knock against him in Buffalo).

18. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Maybin has already had more big plays than most people here expected. Who cares how he gets them?

One thing he's definitely proven is that he deserves his roster spot. He can definitely help in a limited role on D, and I'm sure Westhoff can figure out something for him on special teams. Give him the rest of this season, then a whole offseason and training camp with our coaching staff, and there's definitely a chance he can become a player for us.

19. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Personally id LOVE to see what this guy can do once he gets a full offseason with Rex & Co.

You damn well know this guy is going to be Rex's #1 project, a full offseason of bulking up and learning from one of the best defensive minds in the nfl and this guy has a chance to be an absolute fucking monster come next season. On our defense this guy (potentially) could have the chance to lead the nfl in sacks if he works as hard in the off-season as he does in games and he puts on that added mass.

I mean seriously if this guy puts on 20-30 pounds in the offseason and can maintain that quickness holy fucking shit Brady will be in terror for the rest of his career.

20. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Haha well I don't quite think 30 lbs is a realistic or smart goal, I do agree with most of this post.

Rex will definitely work with him, and he's certainly earned his spot on the roster, not just for the rest of this season, but going forward. He brings something pretty much none of our other linebackers do, which is speed and quickness.