A Thread for Random Draft Mocks/Ideas/Chatter in the Media

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Snatch Catch, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Often times I find stuff that is interesting, intriguing, or makes me curious what the draftniks think about it, but it doesn't fit into any thread while also not being big enough to deserve it's own.

In the next week we can use this to throw all those little things we come across here.

To kick it off, from Barnwell's "All-Trades 2019 NFL Mock Draft" - this is NOT the Jets trade, but instead from the Cincy side. Would you guys do this on the off chance it's possible (Murray falls, Green won't sign)?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/s...ck-draft-bill-barnwell-proposes-32-wild-deals

2. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Feel like Jets would want more than that...maybe throw John Ross or a serviceable center/OL in.

boozer32 and Snatch Catch like this.
  3. Snatch Catch

I've seen now more than a few people suggest that the Jets will be going DT because they are literally the BPAs at that spot.

Manish seems to be all over the idea that it will be Williams if Bosa doesn't fall, and now I just read a mock from today on NFL.com with the Jets taking Oliver at the 3rd spot.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2019/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/376550

#3 Snatch Catch, Apr 17, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

NO. Trade all that for a 30 year-old WR? That's nuts imo.

tomdeb likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

If the Jets take either Q. Williams or Oliver, I'm gonna be pissed until that player proves me wrong.

tomdeb, KurtTheJetsFan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The Jets MUST get a 2nd rounder as part of any deal if they trade down. No 2nd, no deal.

tomdeb, CotcheryFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. Snatch Catch

Pure amazingness..

8. It wouldnt make sense unless theyre moving to Nose which has been speculated by media.

I think i could get behind that esp in Oliver’s case.Nose is extremely crucial to a 3-4 & not easy to find. Mcclendon is on his last legs w nothing behind him other than perhaps Fotukasi. Oliver while undersized, did it for 2 whole years getting double & triple teamed all the while. His pass rush ability on 3rd down right over the ball would be an element we havent seen since Kris Jenkins, which was a thing of beauty when healthy.

In Quinnon’s case,again if he can actually disengage blocks & split doubles like he did in college he could play a zero technique & be a hall of famer.But if he comes back to earth within that facet he likely doesnt have the anchoring skills that Oliver does to handle the nose.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Oliver can't play NT. It's just not possible.

Noam likes this.
  10. Id be the first one to say that if i didnt think it was possible. But watch any game from 16 or 17.Hes lined up at nose & every play got double/triple teamed w little around him. He was the focal point of every team he faced & occupied all sorts of protection schemes.He still managed to dominate as run defender,pass rusher & disruptor.

Hes got a great get off, thick lower body,fluid hips & anchors extremely well.Thats a skillset that can play some 0 or 1 technique. Hes got the frame to put on some weight but can certainly win w quickness in the phone booth. If there are situations where we need more beef inside we still have Mcclendon & hey Oliver can stay on the field as a 3 or 5T.

Teams are beginning to go smaller w linemen on both sides for added quickness.With that in mind as well as the fact that Gregg Williams wants to get quicker/upfield w the Jets D ..Oliver makes alot of sense.

#10 KurtTheJetsFan, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2019
  11. NCJetsfan

The big difference is that he did it in college against lesser talented, less technically proficient, and weaker OL.

12. Of course...its a projection but one w plenty of supporting evidence & if he can handle that role its a grand slam..that kind of athleticism & explosion right over the ball is highly impactful.If he cant handle it?Well hes very versatile & can play all along the rest of the DL where hes just as explosive. High floor & high ceiling.

I still highly prefer an edge/OL/WR/TE but given a choice between Oliver drafted as a nose or Quinnon drafted as a 3 or 5T..Il take the Oliver scenario 8 days a week.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I didn't know where to put this, so I'm dropping it here:

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/scouti...llard-is-he-jets-best-tackle-option/306457096

I think he makes a good case - if the Jets can trade down a bit - for taking Dillard. Although he might not be able to start this year, it's also possible he might, if an injury knocks out Beachum or Shell. Meanwhile they would be locking up their LT for the future (assuming he pans out). There's a lot to like about him and the potential for him to become a top LT. As the article points out, they Jets may want to wait until next year to fill this spot, but LTs don't grow on trees and there's no guarantee that one as good as Dillard will be available for them at the point they have to pick.

Food for thought.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I know this is from the "all trades draft" but the Jets would have to be beyond stupid to make a deal like that. Green is a 30 year old banged up receiver and Robby and Lee are in their prime. I would be really hesitant to even make that deal on its own.

We are not in win now mode and Green at this point in his career would be a slight upgrade over Robby for 1-2 years imo. Then throw in the fact that we are trading down from 3 to 11! If we got a 2nd rounder in addition to this entire trade I may consider it, but it kind of goes against what this team is trying to build. We shouldn't be entertaining trades where we give up more players than we get because we are thin enough talent-wise as it is.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

This is great. I think the Raiders would be a great partner to trade with and if Bosa or Q Williams is there at #3. If we dangle one of those blue chip guys in front of them they could look to make a deal. If they wanted to move up a spot then we could potentially get their 2nd or one of their late 1sts. We have to hope they get desperate and look to make a deal.

16. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

In an ideal world the jets could trade back into the 1st to get Jonah Williams and trade for Frank Clark. Then if they can get a Center with their 3rd or trade up to get the one they want, this team could be really good.

17. NCJetsfan

There's nothing "ideal" about either of those moves imo. Both would be of the SOJ nightmare variety. Clark is a DE, not an OLB and Williams is overrated and will probably wind up being an OG.

18. I think Jonah is a safe bet to be a very good RT. He can anchor a running game & his lack of wingspan/stiffness will not be exposed nearly as often at LT.

That said it is really nice to have the fall back option of him playing guard if tackle doesnt work out.I take him from pick 6 onward..maybe shell kicks inside to guard?

19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I can’t imagine anyone would be unhappy if the Jets came out of first two days with Jonah Williams and Frank Clark, would be quite the coup if Mac can pull that off.

stinkyB likes this.
  20. Daniel Morton

Daniel Morton New Member

Anyone else think that if Murray drops to us (Williams and Bosa gone) our 3 pick becomes very valuable to up to 5 teams and would be a god send for us to trade down? I think this is very possible Cards don’t start him.