A London Conspiracy

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Chrisiue, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

I am really starting to believe this is a possibility, we have had it, both Johnson’s know it, we are not buying any overpriced merchandise, we can’t go to games, every obvious maneuver that should occur starting with Gase is not happening.
    Is it so out of the realm of thinking that a return to normalcy with this team will not bring back any enthusiasm if the Johnson’s are still running the show and Woodrow Johnson who is the ambassador of the UK would love to take his team to London, Goodell would love to have at least 8 games a year starting at 9AM betting and TV contracts would love it.
    The Johnson’s prove every day they don’t give a crap about any of us who have been following the team for 50-60 years.
    Honestly at age 64 I don’t care if he moves the team to American Samoa, it’s just not worth caring.

2. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

I speak as a Londoner...

I can't see Woody taking the team from the biggest market in the world. The value of the London Jets will be so much less than the NY Jets. He's gonna sell eventually, worth more in NY than London.

Pepsiguy5, FJF, Leicester Jet and 9 others like this.
  3. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Maybe ship them to Tehran.

NYJetsO12 and Lon Chaney like this.
  4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Woody is already packing his bags for his imminent replacement.

Some other rich twit will be Ambassador well before the queen's birthday.

NYJetsO12, Noam and LAJet like this.
  5. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Our once-great nation is struggling enough. Exporting that dumpster fire might be the thing that tips us over the edge.

6. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I was thinking of a conspiracy the other day too lol, what if the Patriots hired Gase behind the scenes to destroy the dolphins and Jets by getting rid of all their good players and ruining their QBs? Haha, just seemed like something Belli would pull off.

Rockinz likes this.
  7. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

F it...put them in wuhan.

NYJetsO12 and Brook! like this.
  8. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Lol, didn't woody sink hundres of milliosn into MetLife? To just leave..?Doubtful

9. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

except woody would be out of london once the administration changes over

NYJetsO12 and Noam like this.
  10. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Many reasons why this will never happen.

1. NY is the largest NFL market
    2. A Franchise would never intentionally devalue its brand before a relocation.
    3. The jointly built stadium.

People just need to accept that there is 1 thing and 1 thing only at the route cause of this season. The Jets have been poorly run, and instead of doubling down on anything done by Maccagnan, Douglas is going true blank slate to start doing things the right way.

This is actually the same thing that happened with Idzik. New GM didn’t pick his coach, starting over with coach on the hot seat. The difference is twofold:

A-Idzik was a terrible drafter.
    B-Idzik alienated the media and fans with his “I know better than you attitude.”

This got Idzik run out of town after only 2 seasons. Douglas got a longer contract to try and ensure he could pick his own coach if things went this way.

11. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

This. The Jets may be failing as a team but they are not failing as a franchise. Top 6 in value, Top 8 in revenue, Top 12 in profits. Why on earth would you want to move a franchise that is making money and increasing value despite itself in the biggest market around, to a very uncertain market where they would be a curiosity and far less popular than their biggest divisional rivals (bar the Bills). But then again, if anyone is daft enough to try it is the Stupid Brothers.

pib01, NCJetsfan, NYJetsO12 and 2 others like this.
  12. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

It makes sense, the Jets are almost on a faraway island when you come to think of it...

[​IMG]

NCJetsfan, Jets81, Ralebird and 6 others like this.
  13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I would think there will never be an English/UK team.

I support the Jets and not London whatever we are not into these relocations of teams either tbh we are loyal kind of fellows.

If a new football team rocked up in my hometown i wouldn't be interested in them.

Not sure where all the fans for Las Vegas Raiders have appeared from, do old fans of the Los Angeles Raiders still follow them or Oakland for that matter.

14. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

As an example, Milton Keynes (tore the team from Wimbledon, kept their league place and tried, for a while, to steal their history) are the only team I'd happily see go bust.

K'OB and Brook! like this.
  15. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Theres only one team going to London and thats the Jags.

Khans own a football team in London. Tried to buy Wembley too.

London is so viable, the Khans are investing back in Jacksonville.

Tin foil hat needs some adjusting

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

Noam likes this.
  16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

They probably already have a better team than us.

Brook! and IDFjet like this.
  17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Not gonna happen.....That would be a massive loss in revenue.If London gets a team it will be a new team.In Madden in franchise mode the London Bulldogs show up after a few years.Seems like they already have a name they like.

18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Because they would still fully partake of the NFL revenue sharing; there would likely be big bump in ticket sales and merchandise by the new (unabused) fan base; because Woody would become the toast of London unlike the burnt toast he is here. As conspiracy theories go, this one has some merit.

19. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

Always remember whoever it is they wouldn’t just be London’s team, they would be Europe’s team, Woody I am sure is a rich egomaniac, the financial novelty would match anything they are making by being in The NY market.
    Last but not least sharing the market with the Giants when you suck for 10 years can wear on a rick couple of idiot brothers.

20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Yes, I nearly put this story up but I am sure I said it the last time a London team was being talked about.

donkey likes this.